Price of Special Items

MoeMoney

Does anyone else feel like the price of specialty items has gotten out of control lately? 5K for winter crate keys, 25-50k for some of the V day stuff?? I mean, maybe I just don't play as much as other people and have a lot less credits, but how would anyone afford this stuff?? Is this just me?

I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have expensive items in the shops -- it's good in general to have items that are harder to obtain than others. Over time, I’ve learned to just buy the items I really want, and I definitely passed on the Valentine's releases like the jewelry boxes and the animated hat. I also don’t have enough credits to afford everything all at once, so I usually have to pick and choose. It's not just you, that's for sure!

However, I have an issue with these items being only available for one day. I don't think it gives players, especially those who don't have a lot of credits, enough time to earn them. This issue popped up a few months ago when staff released the floating Eeyore pet this past summer (I think week 2) for 50k. It was the first animated hat in the game, and it was only going to be available for a week. The players rallied on discord and we were able to extend its availability through the end of the month.

I would hope that staff would reconsider these kinds of decisions, as it always seems to harm the people with less than 50k credits (which I would believe encompasses most players but who knows). It's hard to say if they will consider player feedback on this one. Their priority seems to be reducing credits in the game overall, but this always felt like the wrong way to do it imho.

Last edited:

MoeMoney

I don’t think it’s a bad thing to have expensive items in the shops -- it's good in general to have items that are harder to obtain than others. Over time, I’ve learned to just buy the items I really want, and I definitely passed on the Valentine's releases like the jewelry boxes and the animated hat. I also don’t have enough credits to afford everything all at once, so I usually have to pick and choose. It's not just you, that's for sure!

However, I have an issue with these items being only available for one day. I don't think it gives players, especially those who don't have a lot of credits, enough time to earn them. This issue popped up a few months ago when staff released the floating Eeyore pet this past summer (I think week 2) for 50k. It was the first animated hat in the game, and it was only going to be available for a week. The players rallied on discord and we were able to extend its availability through the end of the month.

I would hope that staff would reconsider these kinds of decisions, as it always seems to harm the people with less than 50k credits (which I would believe encompasses most players but who knows). It's hard to say if they will consider player feedback on this one. Their priority seems to be reducing credits in the game overall, but this always felt like the wrong way to do it imho.
I definitely agree with you on this!! I work full time and am in graduate school, so I don't have the opportunity to get on every day, and I hate when I miss out on stuff that were only available for a short time! I do agree the high prices would be better if we had time to earn the credits to buy them. I also passed on most of the valentines day stuff.

Daniella

Yea but the point is so that these items aren’t flooded into the game and made worthless. It’s definitely done on purpose.