Real Mental Talk with Mijaro

I’ve thought really hard and through if I should post what’s been going on in my side. So... either this will make me feel like I’m not the only one or make me a target to cyber bullying.

As a kids I’ve had a problem socializing with others as well as grasping the concept of grammar. I’ve gotten better as the years went on but my social skills was still in need to be fine tuned. When I was in my high school days, I remembered that I had to work super hard (it was a college prepatory school)and it not only affected my social life but it affected my mental health. Because of how different and stressed I was, I became depressed and wanted to end my life.

Fortunately a teacher found me in distressed and had the school make me take a week off to be mentally evaluated. It wasn’t until the doctor diagnosed me with general anxiety disorder; which sadly is a common mental disorder considering I had a problem socializing with other people and learning grammar. It was hard but I managed to get through this and graduated with no problem and no medications.

Fast forward to last year after I got my AS in film, finished participating in the college program, my grandfather died from a slip and fall accident turned bad, my two dogs who died from a life threatening disease, and started working part time for a cruising industry. My family started renovating the house and I remembered how overwhelming it was since I had a difficult time handle congestion and giant messes. Since I had two new dogs that were only 6 months they were learing to be house broken; it made the situation worst. Because a lot was thrown at me from training the new dogs, the house being renovation, people I know doing better than me, and so on and so forth that I couldn’t handle it. It go to the the point where I was stressed, overwhelmed, and irritable 24/7 like I was in high school but worst.

It got so bad it landed me in the hospital where I was being evaluated for TEN days! I remembered that I had to call out from work which upsetted since I didn’t want to let the crew down.

Fortunately I got better in the process while I was in the hospital and surprisingly I was diagnosed again for general anxiety disorder. Since then I had to stop drinking caffine, eat healthy, see a therapist, get the right amount of sleep, etc.

Although my anxiety is still there; I managed to get through life without taking anti-anxiety medications (I did after being released but it got confused, nauseas, and even drowsy) and such.

The reason I wanted to post this is not to make you feel bad for me but because I wanted to let everyone know there are people out there who feel this way. Whether if they are mentally stressed, feel that they don’t belong because of a disorder (visibly or not), or they are just having a difficult time reaching out to someone. When there is a rain cloud; there is always going to be a rainbow and there is going to be someone who will be your rainbow.

So it’s ok to feel this way but it’s always best to reach out to someone trustful and discuss about these things or even find an expert such as a therapist; which is what I’m trying to do, or a doctor about everything that’s been going on. If you see someone feeling that way, talk to them. Who knows, you might have made a major impact on their life.

So here’s to mental health! :fancy:

Last edited:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
You are very brave to post this. I am glad you are doing better and got the helped you needed to learn coping skills. There are many many players on this game the struggle with mental health issues. All I can say is it does get better. I to struggled in my youth and had major issues. Even living on the streets for awhile. I bounced from shelter to friends homes. I too got the help I needed and was successful on the different jobs I held. Including creating a program that took youth with social and behavioral issues and kids in wheelchairs working together. They would work on fundraisers for sick disadvantage and disabled children. It was a major success. That is before I got MS. I too was very self destructive and angry as a young person. I am now happily married and even though my MS may slow me down, is does not stop me from really enjoying my life. I never believed anyone who told me it will get better. I too thought had had enough pain and almost succeeded in my attempt. But it did get better. So if anyone is ever struggling and needs someone to talk to I am always ready to listen. Being through so much ******** there is not much I have not experienced or know someone close who has. You may have had a horrible childhood, have a learning disability, or been dx with a mental disorder never give up. There are always people around that can help to lift you up when the burdens get too heavy.

AlexanderH

Waiting for 2028
I...now understand more appropriately the meaning behind your words here. My apologies for initially being rather jovial.

I am contented to hear that you are seeing a therapist. Finding one you can trust with your most internal, raw thoughts will be immensely helpful. I speak with experience here.

We welcome you back with open arms. Maybe MyVMK can be a sort of reality we escape the real world into. Much like @Littlebelle offered, I too will be receptive to any messages from you in regards to discussing coping with issues. I can't guarantee a fast response, but you will not be ignored certainly.

I'll be happy to play any minigames with you when we are both online. I'll be happy to answer your calls on Skype when we are both online. I'll be happy to take you out for lunch if you're ever near me.

All you need to do? Continue being communicative about what's happening within your phaneron. You did well making this post. I can imagine you spent time on it, and it is important that such actions be met well.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Hi @mijaro! I am sure it was hard to open up about your issues. I myself have mental issues as well. I know that not everyone on the game knows about me unless it comes up in conversation sometimes. Generally, I am very open about it all but even so.. I do come across some people that don't fully understand sometimes. Basically, I have Bipolar, ADD and OCD. The major one being the Bipolar. It's a mental illness that's basically a roller coaster of highs and lows. Highs being where you get really manic and can have rages and lows being where you can get really depressed. It's all caused, from the chemicals in the brain producing at wrong levels or amounts. I take medicine that helps tremendously and it was life changing for me. For me, I personally am a strong believer that medicines really can help. Of course, you do what you feel is right for you and your situation. If you ever need a friend in game I am here for you. I know first hand the life long struggles that come with having a mental illness including being hospitalized twice. Anyway, I am here for you if you need somebody to reach out to. -hugs hugs-

Last edited: