Bring back keys in POTC

Lexmik

I know that the keys have been taken away from POTC (most likely as a result of people abusing the game by playing "friendlies"). I really do think that the majority of players were honest and played regular games and we are really bummed out about the inability to win keys in the game because for many of us this was our FAV game. Is there anything that can be done to get keys back?? Thanks so much for all that you do to make the game a great place :)

Lightband

I don't think they took them away? They're doing this new thing where you have to play the games for a certain amount of time now, but it's one combined clock for each user for ALL 4 games. The problem with POTC is that at MOST you only have 7.5 mins per game, but most of them finish within 60 seconds per round. 2 or 3 rounds per game means you have to play like 10 games to get a key, give or take. Definitely much harder than before. But JC and Fireworks are longer games, so those might help. I'm not sure how I feel about this new system, to be honest... I find the 25mins of gameplay to be excessive, considering the math I just did, and that's just for a Bronze key! I wish at least that they'd make the odds better at the chests, if we're going to be getting less keys...

MsAnne

VMK Original
They did take it away for a bit while they figured out this new system.

I get making it timed. Sure. People were abusing the system. But 25 minutes for a bronze key? I agree that is excessive. Not to mention it normally takes two or three keys (if not more!) to get an actual prize from the chests. It is going to take people HOURS to collect all the items from the chests, and some of us don't have that much time to dedicate.

Lexmik

I don't think they took them away? They're doing this new thing where you have to play the games for a certain amount of time now, but it's one combined clock for each user for ALL 4 games. The problem with POTC is that at MOST you only have 7.5 mins per game, but most of them finish within 60 seconds per round. 2 or 3 rounds per game means you have to play like 10 games to get a key, give or take. Definitely much harder than before. But JC and Fireworks are longer games, so those might help. I'm not sure how I feel about this new system, to be honest... I find the 25mins of gameplay to be excessive, considering the math I just did, and that's just for a Bronze key! I wish at least that they'd make the odds better at the chests, if we're going to be getting less keys...
yeah that's a really point about changing the odds at least