1001 POTC Glitches

The number of POTC glitches has become overwhelming. Literally, the game is broken for real players. POTC has been reduced to mindless credit farming.....sadly it is the most popular minigame, yet its totally broken and has been ever since the new client and PAL stopped working. Now that access is easier I'm afraid players who play POTC are starting to leave because its frustrating.

Players DCing is routine
Ammo that is picked up stays on the maps as does health, so you never actually know where live ones are.
Ships glitch, they either start blinking or become unable to pickup and also become invulnerable
Shots lag significantly from when shot, become invisible, often require dbl clicking arrows to shoot
Scoring during the game doesn't work at all
CTF flags don't look picked up or disappear
Retro Maps on Level 1 allows ships to sail through rocks, then has invisible rocks that you can't pass
Your health and ammo display is often not accurate so you don't really know where you stand.
I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch.

It is awesome that the new client gets you logged in much faster and allows many more devices to play. Just sad to see POTC so terribly broken. I understand it works much better on Mac. but most players are still windows users.

Amy, can you let us know if there is any hope of correcting any or all of these?.

Night_Star

The number of POTC glitches has become overwhelming. Literally, the game is broken for real players. POTC has been reduced to mindless credit farming.....sadly it is the most popular minigame, yet its totally broken and has been ever since the new client and PAL stopped working. Now that access is easier I'm afraid players who play POTC are starting to leave because its frustrating.

Players DCing is routine
Ammo that is picked up stays on the maps as does health, so you never actually know where live ones are.
Ships glitch, they either start blinking or become unable to pickup and also become invulnerable
Shots lag significantly from when shot, become invisible, often require dbl clicking arrows to shoot
Retro Maps on Level 1 allows ships to sail through rocks, then has invisible rocks that you can't pass
Your health and ammo display is often not accurate so you don't really know where you stand.

It is awesome that the new client gets you logged in much faster and allows many more devices to play. Just sad to see POTC so terribly broken. I understand it works much better on Mac. but most players are still windows users.

Amy, can you let us know if there is any hope of correcting any or all of these?.
Well said Hook, it would be great if all these glitches could be fixed. Please Amy, fix Potc and the game..

Vanilla_Ninja

Players DCing is routine

Very true, you're spot on Hook. Amy, please fix the game and all the bugs. We do enjoy sinking one another on POTC :D

REWOLF

I too am on windows and encounter all of these problems and had to try and learn how to play the game all over because of the MANY glitches, If it could return to game play like it was on pal (shockwave style) I'd jump for joy! Yet I do NOT see that happening, at least can you fix the picking up of ammo glitch it's become so annoying and has ruined how the game is supposed to be played. Thank you to all staff and Amy for this game to even be out here.

Wonder

Players DCing is routine

it's also equally as broken on mac

Amy

Head Administrator
Would also be great to always see the Level 1 Retro Map.. when playing Level 1 Retro.. idk.. maybe that's just me.
no need to be snarky, half of the time i dont hear about issues like these.

Now the ships are disappearing.....great a whole new glitch even worse than the blinking ships...
what happens? i fixed a bunch of things earlier and made things work that hadn't before, but i didn't touch the ships much... actually looking at when you posted that, you probably got a bugged version, have you tried since (after reloading the game)?

Vanilla_Ninja

no need to be snarky, half of the time i dont hear about issues like these.

what happens? i fixed a bunch of things earlier and made things work that hadn't before, but i didn't touch the ships much... actually looking at when you posted that, you probably got a bugged version, have you tried since (after reloading the game)?
I just got on, thank you for fixing the bugs, it works great. It runs more smoothly and I like how you incorporated the ammo/health spawns more rapidly

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I played some games last night. These are the first games i've played in months, so I really only have what it was like back then (using MyVMKPal) to compare it to:

1. Shots frequently become invisible. Hitting other players, rocks, and they don't seem to "disappear" after hitting rocks or other players. Just become invisible but still deal damage.
  2. Health seems to be broken. I'd say around half the games I played, I would get down to 0 health and could continue to take hits. This happened occasionally in the past POTC, but it was much more infrequent and usually only amounted to 1 or 2 "ghost health". I think i took 8 or 9 shots in a pearl before dying in one game.
  3. Doesn't seem to be a graphical update when a cannonball hits a ship..I believe there used to be? It's been a while since ive played though, maybe someone can verify for me.
  4. Scoring doesn't work during the round. Scoring seems broken in general (I killed a ship in one round but still only had 3 points?).
It's incredibly difficult to play somewhat competitively with the above glitches, since it's near impossible to tell how much health people have left. You often can't tell if a cannonball hits an opponent since its invisible and there's nothing to indicate it getting hit, no increase in score, nothing.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
@Amy

Played some more games tonight, and seems like really all the big bugs I mentioned in my last post are fixed! The game is really enjoyable right now, thanks for the work you have done with this.

There are still some (smaller) bugs that are not as game-breaking, but still worth mentioning:

• Dead ships do not show players name/points
  • Chat boxes are all black, not colored by teams
  • You have to click into the chat box to click, and clicking in the game to move your ship resets this. Makes it hard to chat while playing
  • While scoring works during the round, the round-end score screen still shows wrong scores.
  • The green arrow to shoot no longer stays for a few seconds after pressing an arrow once. Previously, you could "prepare" to shoot by pressing the left/right arrow once, and the arrows would stay on the screen for a few seconds, and pressing the same arrow key a second time would shoot. Now, it you don't double-press the arrow keys back to back, the green arrow will just go away. Would be nice to have the arrows stay for a few seconds like before.
  • Also I think that cannons that go through a player are still visible but don't do damage on impact. Can't confirm this 100% though yet.
All in all, good work at making POTC great again :)

Last edited:

Vanilla_Ninja

Currently playing POTC, the scoring system seems to be off, when you sink someone your final score goes down to 7/doesn't increase. While playing I'm experiencing once I get near a ship I'll lag/freeze up and can't do anything. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else? Once in the lobby everyone is shooting past me into the lobby, this is even after clearing cache, doing a disk cleanup and restarting the computer.