2018 Create a Valentine Contest - Voting REVISED

Vote for up to two of your favorite Valentines!

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

• G

• H

• I

• J

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Due to an entry in the Top 10 being disqualified, the next highest staff-voted entry has been added in its place. Please re-vote. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

***NOTE*** Entries F and I are links to the entry. Unfortunately, they cannot be posted as images on the forums.

:halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon:

Remember:
5) Do not share your work with anyone. This includes posting it on the forums before the end of the competition and encouraging people to vote for your entry.
***Breaking this rule will disqualify your card. :(***

Judging and Prizes
Now it's your turn! Please vote on the finalists to determine the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. This will be done anonymously.

The prizes are as follows:

First Place: 2018 Create A Valentine Contest 1st Place Medal

Second Place: 2018 Create A Valentine Contest 2nd Place Medal

Third Place: 2018 Create A Valentine Contest 3rd Place Medal

Top 10: 2018 Create a Valentine Contest Top 10 Medal

All participants: 2018 Create A Valentine Contest Participation Medal

AND

A forums exclusive in-game prize!

:halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon: :halcyon:

*NEW* Deadlines
Voting will now close on February 22nd at 11:59pm EST.
Winners will be announced on February 23rd!

Thank you for your continued patience. Congratulations to our new Top 10!

I hope that the results don't change. The top three of the last voting should remain the same. The copied post was not placed, and to me it should have just been removed. There is no reason the previous top three placed pieces should be penalized for that other submission's dishonest actions, and to get to the last few hours of voting where one is pretty reasonably confident where they're going to be placed and then call a re-vote is, in my opinion, a mistake.

Of course, all the entries look fantastic and well done to everyone.

I hope that the results don't change. The top three of the last voting should remain the same. The copied post was not placed, and to me it should have just been removed. There is no reason the previous top three placed pieces should be penalized for that other submission's dishonest actions, and to get to the last few hours of voting where one is pretty reasonably confident where they're going to be placed and then call a re-vote is, in my opinion, a mistake.

Of course, all the entries look fantastic and well done to everyone.
One of the reasons this took so long was because we discussed this exact point. As a staff, we determined it would be more unfair to the user who should have made the Top 10 to not be included. In other words, we try our best to make decisions based on what is the most fair/morally right option, especially when it was our mistake.

One of the reasons this took so long was because we discussed this exact point. As a staff, we determined it would be more unfair to the user who should have made the Top 10 to not be included. In other words, we try our best to make decisions based on what is the most fair/morally right option, especially when it was our mistake.
I can appreciate the time you put in and thanks for putting all that work and energy into making what you feel is the right decision here. I see where you're coming from. It's definitely more fair to that person, it's just that I feel it could turn out to be less fair to the people who have already been voted into the top three. In any case, I can see both sides of this argument, and I'm happy to be wrong. If the staff feels this is the most fair then that's fine. That said, I do feel like three people have already won this contest.

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
someone that placed last year basically copy/pasted literal frames from disney movies and please correct me if I am misinformed but isn't that kinda the same thing? I 100% understand why action was taken now but fail to understand why that didn't apply then? (Rules were exactly the same) anywho, congratulations to the new addition for top 10 xoxo

someone that placed last year basically copy/pasted literal frames from disney movies and please correct me if I am misinformed but isn't that kinda the same thing? I 100% understand why action was taken now but fail to understand why that didn't apply then? (Rules were exactly the same) anywho, congratulations to the new addition for top 10 xoxo
I can see that interpretation of the rule, but it is not the same thing. Effort was required to make the gif and text was added to the frames. If someone had made that exact same gif with that exact same text, or if the images were someone else’s personal work (not including screen grabs from well-known movies), then that is stolen. This work was directly copied and pasted and passed off as their own.

—————————————————

As was stated above, sometimes entries that break the rules aren’t caught. In future contests, if you see anyone breaking any rule, PM a staff member as soon as possible so we may investigate and correct the problem. We appreciate your cooperation!

I can see that interpretation of the rule, but it is not the same thing. Effort was required to make the gif and text was added to the frames. If someone had made that exact same gif with that exact same text, or if the images were someone else’s personal work (not including screen grabs from well-known movies), then that is stolen. This work was directly copied and pasted and passed off as their own.

—————————————————

As was stated above, sometimes entries that break the rules aren’t caught. In future contests, if you see anyone breaking any rule, PM a staff member as soon as possible so we may investigate and correct the problem. We appreciate your cooperation!
Is it okay that i posted mine? :o i didnt get in to the top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.