2018 Design an Egg Contest - Voting!

Pick 2 of your favorite eggs to be made in-game!

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

• G

• H

• I

• J

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Staff have finalized the Top 10! Now it's your turn to vote!

Surprise! The 3 winners will have their designs made into in-game eggs. So choose carefully!

Remember:
Do not share your work with anyone. This includes posting it on the forums before the end of the competition and encouraging people to vote for your entry.

Prizes

1st Place - Gold Forum Medal
2nd Place - Silver Forum Medal
3rd Place - Bronze Forum Medal
Top 10 - Top 10 Forum Medal

All who participate will receive a participation medal along with a forums exclusive in-game prize!

The winners will be announced on the 27th! Happy Voting!

Wow. Snubbed again. @staff how do you sleep at night?

since I didn't make top 10 , I'll post :)

congrats to the top 10.
YASSSS, these would have SO been in MY top 10.
Fantastic job.
@airham i also have noticed that when you post your creations after the top 10s are posted, you do really good work. Very talented!

Now for mine HAHAHAHAHA I 100% knew I wouldn't win but I still think I'm funny.
Here's my trash.
I present to you: ZAC EGGFRON
lookit his lil eyelashes eggy.png
back of eggy.png

i'm confused, it wasn't stated that the egg would be made into an in game egg. i would have completely designed mine differently knowing that. :(
I completely agree with this, and I don't really think it's fair to just suddenly announce that the contest isn't at all what we thought it was. In the past, didn't you guys do separate events for "design an in-game egg" and "design an egg"? Why change that? Had I been told at the start of the contest that this was a "Design an In-Game Egg Contest," I wouldn't have made the egg that I submitted. I would have made something completely different.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I completely agree with this, and I don't really think it's fair to just suddenly announce that the contest isn't at all what we thought it was. In the past, didn't you guys do separate events for "design an in-game egg" and "design an egg"? Why change that? Had I been told at the start of the contest that this was a "Design an In-Game Egg Contest," I wouldn't have made the egg that I submitted. I would have made something completely different.
We did this with the "Create a Cousin" contest as well. This isn't anything new! We think the community here is very talented and creative when it comes to art and we'd love to see more of it in game. However, the amount of people who know how to design in a 3D-ish manner are slim. So with the winners approval, we hand your art over to our designers to do that part for you.

We did this with the "Create a Cousin" contest as well. This isn't anything new! We think the community here is very talented and creative when it comes to art and we'd love to see more of it in game. However, the amount of people who know how to design in a 3D-ish manner are slim. So with the winners approval, we hand your art over to our designers to do that part for you.
Okay but you avoided my questions and the reason I asked this in the first place. I understand that the community is very talented and whatnot, but nothing is stopping people from designing an in-game egg via traditional methods and asking for a GA to digitally edit it should they win. The point is that new players such as myself didn't know about the in-game inclusion, and the fact that they're only learning this after they submitted their egg is nothing short of devastating to the ones who spent so much time on their designs. I feel like I've been cheated out of an opportunity and I wasted my time. As I mentioned in my previous response, had I been told at the start of the contest that this was for something being made in-game, I would have made something completely different hat better fit the requirements for the contest. Regardless of if I'm the only person that feels this way or not, I still think that the decision to make this forum contest into something else was a poor choice.

While I absolutely love the idea of having the game designers recreate our own 2d drawings, and while I was thoroughly impressed with the in game Create a Cousins, I see where @Jessizoid is coming from. I myself made my drawing in black and white as a line drawing because I thought it looked best that way and was afraid that I'd mess it up if I colored it. However, upon knowing that all the top 10 eggs were based solely on ability to be integrated into the game as a 3d egg, it is obvious that my egg didn't stand a chance at anything more than a participation prize. In addition, people like @airham among others utilized a background for their eggs, which adds a lot of flavor to their egg and makes it more interesting. Once again, however, their eggs simply don't stand a chance in the competition because it would look odd having an egg with a background in game. After this post was made, one of my friends sent me his snubbed submission which showed an egg and its reflection in a body of water with grass surrounding it, yet sadly his egg could not be chosen because it'd be too complex to redesign in 3d and put in the game. If I was to make a suggestion, I would rather us still make 2d drawings of eggs that may be integrated into the game, but just give us the heads up beforehand so we can design accordingly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.