2018 Design an Egg Contest - Voting!

Pick 2 of your favorite eggs to be made in-game!

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

• G

• H

• I

• J

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with @Jessizoid and @Cinderella on this. There's nowhere that it states that this was "design-an-egg for in game eggs". This is news to me too. I believe in the past egg contests it was stated, however not separated as Jess thought.

I'm happy for those who got 10, believe me, and we are no way hurt over this but yes we could have approached the eggs way differently. I submitted my Gudetama egg as a joke, well because he is an egg, because knowing I never get top 10 anyway. If I/we had known, we would have strived more, to want our eggs to be put into the game.

edit: I see you guys put it as a "surprise", but yeah again we still could have approached it different and it seems a little unfair? I'm not sure...

Haha, yeah, if I'd known that the contest was to create an in-game egg, I wouldn't have made an animated gif involving a plain egg. It doesn't matter much since all of my entries are memes and staff hates me, but I'd wager that a lot of people would have approached it differently. The whole process is kind of jacked, now, since we're not sure whether the potential for an in-game egg was taken into account when choosing the top 10, and we're not sure if we should be voting for the eggs that we want in the game, or if we're just voting for the best egg. For example, Entry C is clearly the best egg (and it looks like it'll win in a landslide), but I don't think it would really work as an in-game item. Do I vote for it because it's the best, or do I vote for another egg because the criteria suddenly changed?

Putting some eggs into the game as a surprise is cool and all, but people care about the outcome of the contest, and people entered the contest not knowing that they were designing in-game eggs. I hate to be Captain Hindsight or whatever, but if staff knew from the start that the eggs would eventually go into the game, then it would have been cool for us to know that. If the decision to put the eggs in the game was made later, then the top-10 should have been chosen based solely on quality, the vote should have been based solely on quality, and then the designers could just choose several eggs that make sense as in-game items (whether they were top-10 or not) to re-create in the game.

Amy

Head Administrator
I'm really not sure why you're all making a big deal about this. The staff here just wanted to make something nice happen for the holidays, it wasn't meant as the main part of the competition or anything, just a bonus to it for the winners to enjoy! It seems a bit strange to me that you would complain, and argue that you would have made your entry different had you known, when that kind of says you didn't put your all into it in the first place? It's a competition... not a consolation prize hand out... If you wanted something special maybe you should have put your all into it from the beginning? I'll be honest and tell you a lot of the staff are really down about this, because they just wanted to do something nice for you all! As far as I'm aware, this wasn't even planned at the start of the competition, and was an idea introduced later to make it more fun. I'm not even speaking as someone who was involved in the competition because I wasn't and none of this was my idea and I didn't run any of it. I'm just looking at what's happening here and thinking why are you all blowing up?

No one is saying they didn't try. People just worked very hard on eggs that wouldn't work as in-game items. Like I made a gif with a background. That never could have worked as an in-game egg, but I made it anyways because I didn't know that I was supposed to be making an in-game egg. If I'd known, I would have worked equally hard on something else. People aren't mad because they would have tried harder if they'd known. They're mad because the rules suddenly changed such that their eggs didn't stand a chance.

And it's fine that staff just decided to put some eggs in the game. Nice, even. But when the voting prompt is "Pick 2 of your favorite eggs to be made in-game!" then that changes the entire complexion of the competition. Because suddenly we're not voting for the best egg, but for the egg that would make the best in-game item. Surprising us by putting our designs in the game is cool. Surprising us by changing the way that the competition is judged is less cool.

Amy

Head Administrator
No one is saying they didn't try. People just worked very hard on eggs that wouldn't work as in-game items. Like I made a gif with a background. That never could have worked as an in-game egg, but I made it anyways because I didn't know that I was supposed to be making an in-game egg. If I'd known, I would have worked equally hard on something else. People aren't mad because they would have tried harder if they'd known. They're mad because the rules suddenly changed such that their eggs didn't stand a chance.

And it's fine that staff just decided to put some eggs in the game. Nice, even. But when the voting prompt is "Pick 2 of your favorite eggs to be made in-game!" then that changes the entire complexion of the competition. Because suddenly we're not voting for the best egg, but for the egg that would make the best in-game item. Surprising us by putting our designs in the game is cool. Surprising us by changing the way that the competition is judged is less cool.
Noone said they couldn't be animated lol

It seems a bit strange to me that you would complain, and argue that you would have made your entry different had you known, when that kind of says you didn't put your all into it in the first place? It's a competition... not a consolation prize hand out... If you wanted something special maybe you should have put your all into it from the beginning?
As some people have already stated, such as @Rosey, they made "joke eggs" as a way to just get the participation credit. Others, such as my self and @Hopper, planned out our eggs and dedicated time to make them, adding in backgrounds and similar aspects with the hopes that our entries will make it into the top 10. Seeing now that the eggs will be made into in-game items, our eggs don't stand a chance because we didn't make our entries to fit an in-game design. I had a blast making my egg, I was really confident in my work, as I'm sure a lot of people were. I wouldn't have been mad if I did not make it into the top 10 in a simple design an egg contest, that didn't involve a surprise GA gift. How dare you say that we didn't put 100% into our work.

MemeQueen

Nyanyanyanyanyanyan
I'm really not sure why you're all making a big deal about this. The staff here just wanted to make something nice happen for the holidays, it wasn't meant as the main part of the competition or anything, just a bonus to it for the winners to enjoy! It seems a bit strange to me that you would complain, and argue that you would have made your entry different had you known, when that kind of says you didn't put your all into it in the first place? It's a competition... not a consolation prize hand out... If you wanted something special maybe you should have put your all into it from the beginning? I'll be honest and tell you a lot of the staff are really down about this, because they just wanted to do something nice for you all! As far as I'm aware, this wasn't even planned at the start of the competition, and was an idea introduced later to make it more fun. I'm not even speaking as someone who was involved in the competition because I wasn't and none of this was my idea and I didn't run any of it. I'm just looking at what's happening here and thinking why are you all blowing up?
It was a fun competition, but telling people that they didn't do their best in a competition they didn't understand isn't very kind or professional, especially for the main admin of the game. Doing your best in a cake competition is worth nothing if you weren't told it was a brownie competition.

Some entries were really detailed, and of course they wouldn't be made into in-game objects because detail on little eggs isn't well suited for their size. So instead of telling people who worked hard on their entries that they didn't do well enough, fix the issue next time by being more specific like the actual leader you are supposed to be. Surprises are fun if everyone has the chance they deserve.

Ban me for giving my opinion if you must, but that says a lot more about you than it does about me. I know you work hard on this game and people are ungrateful and terrible to you, but all I'm asking for is some more professionalism instead of berating the players of your own game.

Amy

Head Administrator
It was a fun competition, but telling people that they didn't do their best in a competition they didn't understand isn't very kind or professional, especially for the main admin of the game. Doing your best in a cake competition is worth nothing if you weren't told it was a brownie competition.

Some entries were really detailed, and of course they wouldn't be made into in-game objects because detail on little eggs isn't well suited for their size. So instead of telling people who worked hard on their entries that they didn't do well enough, fix the issue next time by being more specific like the actual leader you are supposed to be. Surprises are fun if everyone has the chance they deserve.

Ban me for giving my opinion if you must, but that says a lot more about you than it does about me. I know you work hard on this game and people are ungrateful and terrible to you, but all I'm asking for is some more professionalism instead of berating the players of your own game.
Why does everyone think we ban for opinions? lol

It doesn't matter what your intentions when designing were, we can take any design that's nice and turn it into an egg.. even if it like has a background or something, it can be adapted! It's not like we're copying and pasting the eggs. I think that's what you're all missing here?

MemeQueen

Nyanyanyanyanyanyan
Why does everyone think we ban for opinions? lol

It doesn't matter what your intentions when designing were, we can take any design that's nice and turn it into an egg.. even if it like has a background or something, it can be adapted! It's not like we're copying and pasting the eggs. I think that's what you're all missing here?
Fair enough. All I want is more professionalism in the future please.

Amy

Head Administrator
As some people have already stated, such as @Rosey, they made "joke eggs" as a way to just get the participation credit. Others, such as my self and @Hopper, planned out our eggs and dedicated time to make them, adding in backgrounds and similar aspects with the hopes that our entries will make it into the top 10. Seeing now that the eggs will be made into in-game items, our eggs don't stand a chance because we didn't make our entries to fit an in-game design. I had a blast making my egg, I was really confident in my work, as I'm sure a lot of people were. I wouldn't have been mad if I did not make it into the top 10 in a simple design an egg contest, that didn't involve a surprise GA gift. How dare you say that we didn't put 100% into our work.
I didn't say you didn't. How dare you jump to that conclusion! lol... The impression I got from some of the posts in this thread, AND the PMs I got among other things was "I didn't try because I didn't think it was going into the game". I'm not saying you didn't try, I see what you mean as far as being confident but I think you're all missing that we would be recreating the eggs and adapting it?

Any idea could fit into that... that's why I don't understand the problem.

I mean I only made the egg joke because even when I do try hard, it's never top ten anyway so I stopped caring (even though that gudetama egg took hours to make and I wanted it to be animated, which does take a while).

egg contest 2016.png egg contest.png I thought these eggs were fine for the last few egg contests, put days of work into it, never top ten but was fine with them not being made into in game (though the smaller one would've been nice, however very detailed) I don't just care for a participation prize .-.

Amy

Head Administrator
I like to think I made myself clear, but I would appreciate it if you would stop assuming players' intentions and then berating them when you misunderstand. Thanks for listening :)
1. I'm not assuming anything, I KNOW people did that LOL
2. Who am I berating? O_o

Any idea could fit into that... that's why I don't understand the problem.
You and Nala are both completely missing the point that we are trying to make. Why bother replying to us if you're just going to dodge the questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.