Adventure Called, and I Answered

PirateStewy

Resident Pirate
I joined MyVMK a couple weeks after it opened, but have been inactive for about two years.
For those of you still around from the original Beta Days, I wanted to explain why I have been away.

This has been mostly because of my job, but a recent side-venture has me super excited. I've spent the past year going around the Walt Disney World property with my friends, all dressed up as old-timey adventurers, inspired by Disney's Society of Explorers and Adventurers. It was mostly for our enjoyment, but it turned into a popular fictional story Instagram. This lead to recognition from another adventure enthusiast from the opposite coast. Long story short, I'm now the co-owner of an unofficial Disney-themed in-park event called Adventureland Day. I am the owner down here at Walt Disney World and an artist by the name of Tiki Tony is owner at Disneyland.

The event celebrates the themes of the original Adventureland, this being classic circa 1930s adventurers and circa 1940s-50s tiki loungers. Our inagural events at the beginning of March occured on the same day and saw 80 people at Walt Disney World, and 300 at Disneyland (it was promoted by more people with followers in that region). We ended up even having sponsors, such as a coffee company that makes blends based on Disney Parks attractions, called Expedition Roasters. We even had a treasure hunt and prizes at both parks. From the looks of things, our numbers will grow for the next event.

I am super excited about this chapter of my life, but I still miss having time to be so active on MyVMK. I figured you fellow Disney-lovers would like to see this stuff, so I thought I'd post some photos here!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited: