Anniversary Raffle Feedback

I liked the excitement of the tickets, I think it brought more people on the game. I think it was difficult for me to get tickets, but I liked the event :3

Only about 5 of the prizes were worth more than what people were buying tickets off people for. Many people made a lot of money from selling tickets. And many people lost a lot of money buying tickets, even if they won.I think possibly the tickets should have been untradable. I think maybe the prizes should be worth a bit more and I also feel that there should be more prizes given away. Only 20 prizes with about 2000 tickets in game is not a lot at all. I think people are going to make more money gaining tickets and selling them than having a small chance of winning a prize worth less than they could sell the ticket for.

I did enjoy the raffle though even though I didn't win, it was nice to have a lot of people online and in crowded rooms.

I enjoyed both the gathering of the tickets (HOST events, Pirate Chests, Sword in the Stone pulls) as well as the party and raffle. HOST_Crash was in my room and was great about keeping us up to the minute with the raffle prizes and spins. We had a very nice party in there and it was great seeing so many residents of My VMK. I think some tweaking is in order per some of the comments above but, overall, an excellent and enjoyable event that can be built upon. I do prefer the host events simply because everyone comes away with something. Maybe after the raffle, the non-winning tickets could have some credit value (like the ash from Sword in the Stone) just so those who did not win anything will at least get the credits for the time spent in HOST events, etc.

Overall, I was pretty happy with this raffle!

My feedback is as follows:

On getting tickets, I thought it was fairly easy to get tickets, without a ton being generated and making it even more less likely to win a prize in the actual event. However, it just so happened that I was able to make a lot of the events that gave them out and I know that there were others out there who were not as able to make the events, so I think one thing that could be improved would be having events at different times leading up to big events like this. Another thing, with the tickets being a winning prize in events, that complimented the actual weeks prize, I think something that could have been added would have been one of the consolation prizes being the ticket. I know that in the past couple months, the consolation prize has been limited to one prize each week, but switching it to a few, with the tickets as one of them (as the tsum tsum blind bags were) I think would also help others get tickets! Other than those few tweaks, I think that the way tickets were given out was very fair!

On the event itself, I thought it went very well! I like the smattering of staff members being all down Main Street as well as having the live stream for us to watch if we weren't in the room! I also like the way that this was ran, with actually having generators being placed in the room, as opposed to having the choosing happening behind the scenes (dreams month, credit giveaways... etc). I liked being able to watch and anticipate the numbers as they were rolling as opposed to just having someones name pop up in the room. I also liked that this was hosted in a public room, it had the entire community out having fun!

Going forward, I would love to see more events like this, even if they arent on such a grand scale. It was a really fun night, and even though I didnt win, im always gonna remember tonight as one of my favorite times in MyVMK! Thank you so much for this event, and for all the prizes you gave away!

:birthday:Happy Number 3, MyVMK!:birthday:
:p(finally out of the terrible two's) :p

I loved being online for raffle, I do think the tickets were hard to get. I missed a few events and was only able to obtain two tickets. I feel that going forward with this, there should be more events that give out tickets and I agree with the untradeable rule. I wanted to buy some, but backed out when I saw how much they were. I was going to sell mine but thought it'd be better to keep. I was also hoping #2016 would have value since that's the year of the 3rd year anniversary but regardless XD

It was a great and fun idea, thanks staff.

I honestly thought this raffle was a great idea! It got everything rolling again in myvmk and definitely brought more people online.
I also loved the fact that the tickets were tradeable. I didn't want to participate in the raffle so I sold my tickets for someone else to have a better chance at winning...and for myself to make a little something out of it also... I honestly see no harm in that. That being said... I do think the tickets were a tad bit hard to get even though they were in events, sits, and chests. I think the odds of winning a ticket should have been more easy. I can't participate in events so that rules out tickets that way as I'm sure others can't either. So that leaves to strictly farming sits and pirates. And the amount of ash obtained I think made me die on the inside. Lol. I only came across 3 tickets from sits and chests combined.
I also really like that you are asking for community feedback. It shows that you are interested in what we thought and are open to making changes which I think is very good for the myvmk community. Staff has really showed more interest in our wants and needs the past month and that is awesome! Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what else you guys come up with.

Last edited:
Is there a list of all of the prizes?
safari room pin 0624 oswaldlucky
pirate cannon room 565 Junangi
epcot room 2300 skywaystitch
carribean town 1535 littelbelle
disneyland gift card 0550 Lilac

lightening magic 0513 magicavinash
levitation 0024 maracita
2036 chanclyn *missed what prize
flying carpet 51 Angie
teleportion 124 zeolite

invisibllity 2622 stargirl
ppr mermaid laggon waterfall 2633 butterflyheart
gold set 1111 rockstarolivia
fountain of falling stars 0235 vi_vmk
mickey ears traditional 0600 boulevard

gold ears 2254 ladycopper
dream shirt 2215 prince loki
full sparrow 1062 mrgreengene
green flip hat 2054 elegance
stitch hat 1212 brain freeze

While I thought the drawing of prizes was a little long, it was a great event. It brought people back into the game which was great, there was lots of excitement and wondering what the tickets were for and in general was a great way to bring the community together. It added to the excitement I think of it being a live draw, with people chatting on the live stream, and in all the main street rooms and was a nice touch having a staff member in each of the rooms.

I'd love to see some type of event each month, tho I know this is a lot of work esp with designing of new items, but something like a new chest with keys to win, or a chase something around to catch always brings people to play.

@PaigeUhSaur I think them being tradable kind of defeated the object of everyone being excited for the raffle. Because people ended up farming tickets just to sell and make money and unfortunately they gained a lot from it. Whilst the people buying them were buying them having no idea what was going to happen and ended up losing a lot of money. Even i myself was tempted to sell my tickets seeing how much they were going for which would have ruined the raffle event for me. Im glad i didnt sell, it was nice to be able to have some excitement and nerves for the raffle.
I think specifically next time people will just try to sell their tickets now that theyve seen only a few of the prizes are actually large prizes. I think untradable tickets would get even more people online and playing minigames too. I understand a lot of people cant be online as much as others so maybe everyone should be given one ticket to start off with so everyone has a chance of winning.

I thought the lead up to the event and the event itself were both very entertaining. There was a great deal of interest and it seemed to bring back a few lost players. The tickets were hard to get so that kept the total number lower then I had thought it would have been. Making the tickets tradable was a necessary things, some players wouldn't have gotten one otherwise. Making them available through a fairly easy quest was great too. That quest series is definitely something I would repeat. I had a great time with Karru and the line dancers during the event. We all cheered for the winners as we watched on the livestream. That was really fun seeing so many of your friend's names getting called. Overall it was a really awesome night and a great event. Thanks staff for all the hard work!!!

Overall, I enjoyed the event. At first, I sold all my tickets since the going rate was so high, but then I thought, "Hey, this is a new thing they're trying out. Wouldn't it be fun to participate?" So I bought 7 tickets and I ended up winning. This definitely made people get on and play mini games to get keys and ride rides for a chance to pull the sword for a raffle ticket. However, I'd say to make obtaining a ticket a little more common. Such as:
-Continue to give them out as prizes for host events
-Continue to make them available in Treasure Chests and Sword in the Stone
-ADD that you can get them by random chance from NPCs (like they were done for crates/keys)
-ADD that you can get them by random chance from Fireworks and Jungle Cruise (for those who are on when multiplayer lobbies are empty)
-ADD that you can purchase them from the shop, but at a higher price (10-20k) to deter people from buying it for more than you earn by playing mini games and to bring down the value to those who still choose to sell them.

The event itself was fun. I liked that if you couldn't get into the main room, there was a live stream to watch it and Hosts in rooms all down main street. People were interacting in public rooms again!

It was refreshing to have a couple old rares rereleased, but I think there could have been a few more (instead of room pins, gift cards, other items that people don't really seek out)

Overall, a great event! Could use a little refining, but it was still tons of fun. Also, thanks for asking for feedback! :D

BigBugBoy

HI
I would have liked more information about how the raffle was going to be done. Nobody seamed to know anything about it until it started. Also I think there the NPC's should have given away tickets. That would have let more people get more tickets instead of buying them.
Bug