Baking Creations╰(*´︶`*)╯

Harmony

VMK's resident friendly ghost
Baking is one of my absolute favorite pastimes and one of my favorite ways to show kindness and love to others. I was a little unsure of if this should go in the photography board or the culinary board, but I knew this would be photo-heavy so I decided to make my way over here! I really love to make my food aesthetically pleasing and I bake from scratch (in admiration of my grandmas and late great-grandma). My favorite things to bake are pies (my grandma and I can peaches together annually so we have plenty for pie-making) and donuts. Anyone else willing to let me see your delicious creations and/or swap recipes? I always love to try new things!

I absolutely love Japanese animal donuts, so I decided to make some of my own!
[[

A few pies for your liking.

Cute little hand pies made with my homemade jam, too!

I had a Christmas in July party last summer and had a little too much fun making sugar cookies.

Continued in the next post because I do believe I've hit my limit for images, here!

Last edited:

Harmony

Here are some homemade Little Debbie Heart Cakes in the shape of pokeballs (and dark chocolate NES controllers, too!) I made for my sweet boyfriend for his Valentine's Day box.

My most recent endeavor was meringue cookies which I made in the shape of Mickey Mouse heads! This was a really fun experiment because I had never actually made meringue by myself and I had never eaten meringue cookies.
meringue mickies.jpg

CandyCars

Those look delicious!! I love making homemade donuts rolled in powdered sugar! :D It is something our grandma does on special occasions. :bbq:

Harmony

Candy, those kind of donuts are so delicious! They are always extra special when grandmas make them, too. You can taste the love! Those cakes are my favorite, too. My boyfriend introduced to them me this year and I just love them!

wow everything looks amazing!!! I wish I could bake that well... or at least eat everything that you can! lol

D.Va

Literal Princess
Oh my goodness! Please post recipes and procedures if possible. I have so much time on my hands this summer and I would love to try baking. Any tips on keeping sugar cookies from spreading so much in the oven? Even when I've chilled the dough for several hours they spread so much and end up looking like amoebae covered in frosting. <3