Banned for family member making an account?

Hello!
Full disclaimer: when I first started playing vmk I did make clones in the past and as soon as I saw the first warning I stopped immediately. That being said, I share computers with my family members. Today, my mom wanted to make an account. She is super paranoid about email address' etc so she asked if we could use my email to sign up. I did so. We were playing at the same time and at no point did she trade anything to me or I to her and it was marked as a clone and banned. Was it because we used the same email? Sorry if this sounds dumb I just started playing last month and kind of confused.

Dr_Phil

Probably crying
Hello!
Full disclaimer: when I first started playing vmk I did make clones in the past and as soon as I saw the first warning I stopped immediately. That being said, I share computers with my family members. Today, my mom wanted to make an account. She is super paranoid about email address' etc so she asked if we could use my email to sign up. I did so. We were playing at the same time and at no point did she trade anything to me or I to her and it was marked as a clone and banned. Was it because we used the same email? Sorry if this sounds dumb I just started playing last month and kind of confused.
It's probably your IP. Staff will need to confirm that the accounts are separate, and you should be unbanned shortly after! Happened to me too! It's very inconvenient!

Baka

It's probably your IP. Staff will need to confirm that the accounts are separate, and you should be unbanned shortly after! Happened to me too! It's very inconvenient!
Combination of both, really. Same IP and same email, they'd have no reason not to think it was a clone. Just send an email and they can look at it.

Hi everyone! Thank you so much I went ahead and emailed them! I honestly didn't even think about the same email usage at first, that is totally on me. :P