Best Guest/Game Room Feedback

VMK_Rapunzel

Hi everyone!
We’re thinking about doing a re-vamp for Best Game/Guest Room and we wanted to hear from you.
  1. What would you like to see changed?
  2. What would you like to see added?
  3. What do you like about the current BGR submission/winning process?
  4. What do you dislike about the current BGR submission/winning process?
  5. Are there any rules you’d like to see put in place?
  6. Any additional suggestions/ideas you have!
Please note that these suggestions will be taken into consideration, but may not make the final cut!

Thank you!

Thank you guys for asking for our ideas so much. It's awesome to have our voices heard <3

1. What would you like to see changed?
    See below
  2. What would you like to see added?
    See below
  3. What do you like about the current BGR submission/winning process?
    I like that you can be creative with your room. The submission process is simple. I don't know how the voting is structured so I can't really comment on that.
  4. What do you dislike about the current BGR submission/winning process?
    I'll go into more detail in number 5 but I think the rules need slightly more structure just because I guess I don't understand what factors go into voting for the winning rooms. Also sometimes rooms have interactive features especially now with the configure option. I don't know if that's included in the voting process or how judges can see that while keeping anonymity but it's something to consider!
  5. Are there any rules you’d like to see put in place?
    I think some more general guidelines maybe. I love the freedom to be creative but I'm always confused if I should submit a certain room for a certain moth. Like since this month is Star Wars would a Star Wars room be most likely to win? It makes sense but right now it's unclear. Also, sometimes people make multiple rooms that go together. Like Steph's awesome mini golf game last month. Can you submit multiple rooms for games only or for best guest room as well? Or should there be another category for multi room projects? Idk the answers but I think those should be listed somewhere.
  6. Any additional suggestions/ideas you have!
    I think a deadline date reminder like the one posted in February would be good every month. Maybe send a twitter update about it when the deadline is nearing. Not everyone uses forums and it's kind of hard to find if you're new. I feel like majority of people check the twitter account. I just can see people being confused about the rules for it and where to find them if you're new. I think the more people who are building the better. I love seeing what everyone makes and the creativity involved.

These are just based on my experience with it and questions I've had while submitting to it. You guys do a wonderful job <3

Okay as of right now, I only have an answer to 4 (which kinda pertains to question 5 as well I guess). To preface, I must say I love being able to submit our rooms. However, I do feel as though it has created a somewhat lazy process for Best Game Room. In the past when staff nominated and chose, it made everyone open their games multiple times of the month to try and get seen. Unfortunately now some games are only opened and played once or twice, if they are even opened at all. One thing I would love to see implemented would be some way of staff making sure the games were open, or even treating the submissions as more of a "hey, this is my game I will be hosting this month" and then allow staff to know what games to look out for and be able to see how creative it is and then they could nominate from there.

Going off of this, I feel like some interesting games have been overlooked in the past because the room was not built to the same standards as the ones that won, and thus its almost seemed like another Best Guest Room as its been based on looks only, not on gameplay itself. So I would love to see staff popping in and out of rooms, playing player games, and judging rooms based not just on looks, but on the games themselves (not to say this is currently happening, but its something id love to see implemented). Sending just a picture takes something away from the game aspect of the rooms. However, that is just my opinion! I might reply with more things, if I think of them, but I believe this is my biggest suggestion!

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
  1. What would you like to see changed? Answered in better detail below.
  2. What would you like to see added? Honorable mentions! Kinda like the runner up in a competition. There doesn't have to be a prize, I just like seeing the skill of some of the builders we have!
  3. What do you like about the current BGR submission/winning process? I like that we get to submit our own rooms. Some of us aren't too social in game and don't generate a lot of traffic, and it's a good way to get seen! Also, I really appreciated the deadline reminder this month!!
  4. What do you dislike about the current BGR submission/winning process? There's no way to show interactive pieces in rooms short of explaining it or sending multiple screenshots in one email which might be a little annoying on both parts. Interactive pieces really can make or break a room sometimes!
  5. Are there any rules you’d like to see put in place? Not necessarily a rule, but I agree with the question of "does submitting a room that pertains to that months theme have a higher chance of winning?" If it does, that's totally cool, but we'd like to know! :)
  6. Any additional suggestions/ideas you have! I think you should clarify somewhere if you can submit a best game and a best guest room in the same month.
Y'all are great ily xo

VMK_Rapunzel

Hi guys!! Just wanted to say I'll be posting updated guidelines either today or tomorrow! Thanks so much for your input!!

*If anyone wants to comment on this thread after the new guidelines are posted, please feel free!! The guidelines are never concrete and we're always able to mix them up where it's needed!! I love hearing any and all input! :]

I don't usually participate in BGR due to lack of credits and building skills, so I don't have too much of an opinion about the rules. BUUTTT, I do agree that I'd love to see some honorable mentions!! I love looking at really cool rooms in the game, and most of the time I don't get to see them all so I'd love to see them in the newsletter!