Best photo sharing site?

• flickr

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Photobucket

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Other (state below)

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Which site do you recommend for storing and sorting through pictures easily? I'm getting a new laptop and don't want to take up all my memory with my thousands of pictures. I'm looking for an easy, free and efficient photo sharing site. Thank you.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I voted for Photobucket but that's only because I've never used Flicker before. It is easy to use though, so it isn't a bad option at all.

Personally, I say back them up in more than one place. ESPECIALLY if you aren't going to keep them on your computer! I'd use something like shutterfly.com because I think the albums are more private on there. Flickr is also a good place to store photos. If you are just looking for a place to back up your work, I'd get an external/portable hard drive or something. You can get them pretty cheap these days.

But trust me...back them up in more than one place :)

S

Solar

I find photobucket to be extremely slow. For displaying my work, I love using flickr. For storage, I use my own cloud.

Personally, I say back them up in more than one place. ESPECIALLY if you aren't going to keep them on your computer! I'd use something like shutterfly.com because I think the albums are more private on there. Flickr is also a good place to store photos. If you are just looking for a place to back up your work, I'd get an external/portable hard drive or something. You can get them pretty cheap these days.

But trust me...back them up in more than one place :)
HA. Yes. I have learned the hard way.. twice.. I literally just got back from the Apple store.. lost everything on my hard drive.
Thank you everyone!

Cat

For sharing photos? Flickr, no question. Not only do you own the rights to your pictures, Flickr also does it's best to protect your images from being copied. There's ways to organize your photos, in sets or albums, and you can easily share them with others. There's also a nifty feature (that I'm absolutely in love with) that lets you display what type of camera you used, lens, and what your settings were when you took the picture. The best part is that Flickr gets all this information from your files automatically, so there's no work required on your part. You can browse other user's amazing shots that are featured on the website (updated daily) and check out what types of cameras they use/settings to get particular shots. You can learn a lot from other users by doing this. If you're interested in a particular camera or lens, you can also learn more about it on the website, it also provides pictures other users have taken with that lens/camera.
It's also kind of like instagram in a way, you can follow your friends and such.
Honestly, Flickr is just the best photo sharing site; hands down. Anyone else who says otherwise should actually give it a chance.

Hello there. Going to have to say flickr with this one. I've been a professional photographer for nearly 10 years and we all use flickr. Please remember when you upload your photos to other sites, including social media sites (even instagram), that you no longer own your photos and they are free grabs for anyone including companies. Just throwing that out there :)