Black/Pirate Crate Prizes

aliceblue

Yeah, it looks a lot like Sparrow. Not sure that's such a bad thing, when I think of all the frustration players had trying to get the outfit, both in VMK and the present game. Those who want to be sticklers about the "genuine" Sparrow can (and I'm sure will) still do so. The rest of us can enjoy the "faux" version of a virtual costume to our heart's content. ;)

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Yeah, it looks a lot like Sparrow. Not sure that's such a bad thing, when I think of all the frustration players had trying to get the outfit, both in VMK and the present game. Those who want to be sticklers about the "genuine" Sparrow can (and I'm sure will) still do so. The rest of us can enjoy the "faux" version of a virtual costume to our heart's content. ;)
I wouldn't mind if it was noticeably different, but the differences are so incredibly tiny that it doesn't matter which one you wear.

Myth

I wouldn't mind if it was noticeably different, but the differences are so incredibly tiny that it doesn't matter which one you wear.
All they did was take out the saturation of the original color.

I don't have a problem with the black sparrow because I think it looks awesome, but I feel like addressing the people who were begging for the original to be more common (since it was very rare in green crates) was solved by putting it in the treasure chests, making it a lot less rare. Now with another version it does take away a lot of the genuine nature of the suit but no real complaints here. Just observing why people are getting upset. It's hard to please everyone when many (including myself) are very attached to the rare items from the old game.

Hypnotic

To the people who worked hard this past month to get sparrow I can see why you're upset. However tons of people never even had a chance to earn it. It's pure luck in the treasure room. I'm glad they made a recolor. The difference between them is very low but you can still tell. Everyone complains they want more items but when the new items come out people complain still.

Kelsey

bruh dis is a game find the #chill i have og sparrow and now the new black sparrow and i don't rly care tbh

besides it's obvi not going to be as rare as the original since a lot of people got it so idk what the big deal is??? and they only gave people the vest and the pants, not shoes or the hat so it's technically not full sparrow and besides it's prob worth nothing in comparison to sparrow

unless you guys are upset because it looks like it and when u wear og sparrow u seem cooler???? which would be dumb but idk i don't take it to heart js my opinion

Kelsey

@ everyone complaining about black sparrow

u sound like a middle school girl throwin a tantrum bc someone's knockoff uggs look better than her expensive ones

no one cares about ur virtual status symbol
i love you so much

Kelsey

I don't know why it's such a big deal. Sparrow didn't make you look rich after this month anyway. It just looked like you had luck.
it's because people care about values way too much... like god forbid they came out with a black version of stitch hat i'm sure everyone would have a temper tantrum and like threaten to quit the game lol it really is not a big deal when you think about it and this is coming from someone who has the original sparrow.. i think the black looks alike yes but it's still cute and i still really like it.. people only care how "virtually rich" they look if that's even a term because it sounds stupid anyways.. that's why most people are arguing lol i can understand people being upset if they worked hard for the original way back but not with potc because like you said that was just pure luck and some people have jobs and do things outside of vmk and don't have time to play potc for like an entire day just to get a lousy key to get sparrow i mean come on let people have some fun and can we get new items without always complaining about values omg

(sorry i literally just like ranted to you LOL)

Hypnotic

it's because people care about values way too much... like god forbid they came out with a black version of stitch hat i'm sure everyone would have a temper tantrum and like threaten to quit the game lol it really is not a big deal when you think about it and this is coming from someone who has the original sparrow.. i think the black looks alike yes but it's still cute and i still really like it.. people only care how "virtually rich" they look if that's even a term because it sounds stupid anyways.. that's why most people are arguing lol i can understand people being upset if they worked hard for the original way back but not with potc because like you said that was just pure luck and some people have jobs and do things outside of vmk and don't have time to play potc for like an entire day just to get a lousy key to get sparrow i mean come on let people have some fun and can we get new items without always complaining about values omg

Let's be honest, you're not considered rich till you have both infernos and a flip. I honestly don't care. We do it in real life but you're just fake for doing it. It's so sad. I like the rare items but I get them because they're cute or I like them not because I'll look rich. :/ I had full sparrow when it wasn't in crates but I didn't care that I looked rich. I just thought it was a cool item to have.

Myth

Honestly I don't care how "virtually rich" I look, I just always wanted the items that I loved the most in the original game as many other people do. Not everyone is upset because of that reason, some people just don't like changing the hues and saturations of items that they loved in the old game because it's an unexpected change

Nokuto

I just wish black sparrow were blacker :P

Like the tone is the same as the original sparrow, which makes them too similar and the color turned gray rather than black.

ADD CONTRAST PLS
I agree they should've made them look more different