Book Recs

D.Va

Literal Princess
I'm creating a new thread because all of the other book rec threads are a little outdated (pre-January 2016) and a TON of incredible books have come out this year.

Here's just a few of my favorite books released in 2016 (in no particular order):
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
The sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses released last year. If you haven't read this series-in-progress, I HIGHLY recommend it if you're into high fantasy, faeries, monsters, magic, and fairytale retellings. ACOTAR is a loose retelling of Beauty and the Beast, and it's amazing, but ACOMAF takes the cake. Holy ********. I can't even express how incredible this book is and just typing this makes me want to reread it right now. Also, Feysand is my OTP and Rhysand is just. Ugh. Just read it. Five stars.

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
I've only ever read one other book by Kristin Hannah than this one, but HOLY ********. I'm a sucker for WWII-themed historical fiction, so I'm pretty well-read in that category, and I can confidently say that this is the best one I've ever read. It's just. So. Beautiful. If you read this, get a box of tissues ready because oh my god. I cried so hard at the end. It's beautifully written and I'm just so in love with it. Five stars.

This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
This isn't my favorite book of the year by far, but it's still worth mentioning. Trigger warnings for school gun violence btw. This book broke my heart, but it was also missing something that could have made it that much more heartbreaking. It was uniquely told and the characters were relatable, and I recommend that everyone reads it. Three stars.

Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Here's another incredible work of WWII historical fiction. Based on a true story, this book follows the experiences of six(?) teenage characters all making their way towards a ship that will take them out of the German-occupied France to safety. Another heartbreaker, and I highly recommend it. Four stars.

That's all I've got for right now. If you have any recommendations, please post them in a reply!! My TBR list is shrinking and I'm looking for more books to read. <3

Idk if you like mystery books but one I read recently that really messed with me was called Dominance by Will Lavender. It will make you question everything you know but it's such a good book and it's a murder mystery book.

MissJazzy

There are so many good books out there. One of my favorite book series of all time would be the Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness.

Okay here's my recommendations:
1. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein- (It's my second favorite book of all time)
2. The Stand by Stephen King - Probably the longest book I've read but nonetheless fantastic.
3. We were Liars by E. Lockhart - Just pick this book up, don't read up about it. The less you know the better.
4. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand - (My favorite book ever)

*Not sure if you're into comics but The Walking Dead is one of the greatest reads I've ever picked up. The series is fantastic, plus it's nice that you get artwork on every page too!​

Romantic

i just feel you
If you haven't read The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, you should give that a read. It's a sci-fi retelling of several fairytales (Book 1 - Cinder = Cyborg Cinderella. Book 2 - Scarlet = Red Riding Hood. Book 3 - Cress = nerdy computer savvy Rapunzel. Book 4 - Winter = mentally ill but stunningly gorgeous Snow White.).

I also recommend The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. It's totally changed the way I run my life. It was recommended to me last year by my British Literature professor and it's come up again in conversations with my World Literature professor. (so many literature professors).