Votes: 129 52.9%
  • Bisexual

Votes: 37 15.2%
  • Other

Votes: 29 11.9%

• Total voters
@Jason
That is a mouthful:B

I don't think it has ever come up in our extremely random conversations, but I had a slight feeling. Is it wrong to say 'hope' in this instance? You're the only ace I know, aside from myself. It's kind of nice.

@Mama Umbridge

I think most people assume I'm gay. Life would probably be easier if I was, too
JayJay, I definitely feel that. My family (we are a southern family) are not super supportive of the LGBT community, but I still feel like they would be more accepting of me being gay than not being anything. (Only two out of four siblings would be supportive of anything LGBT, my late mother might have been slightly, and dad would absolutely HATE it.) You'd think being ace in your family would be easier, but I have heard the way they talk about them... My family would think I'm a freak. Or just keep telling me "You haven't met the right guy yet! You'll change your mind soon!"

My dad is my favorite person and I love him so much, but he does not do well with "abnormal" because he is very Stepford in his beliefs... He would still love me if I came out as anything but straight, and I would like to think he wouldn't throw me out... But I dunno man. He would NOT be okay with it.

WHICH MAKES NO SENSE.

WOULDN'T PARENTS BE EXCITED THAT THEIR SON OR DAUGHTER WOULDN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH PHYSICAL CONTACT?

Like, since I'm a college student everyone expects that we crave copious amounts of physical intimacy. Fam, I'm just here for the Black Ops Zombies and a good time. And reading my comic books.

They did not ever have to worry about me sneaking boys into my room during the night when I was in high school. They should be thrilled, right? Especially because dads always makes those "you can date when you're thirty" jokes.

And I in no way think my life is difficult. I just feel like I can't be open about my lack of interest in partners or romance because my family would treat me differently. And some of my friends. I have slightly talked about it to my sister and she is supportive of me. But I don't see it going much farther than her and one of my big brothers.

@Mama Umbridge
Yep. It's equally hard for me in a similar way. I seriously want kids, and I don't want to die alone. But I rarely feel attractions. Even if/when I do, it's hard enough to find someone you likes you for just being the weird person you are. The only couple of people I've ever felt anything for ended up running a mile away from me. The thing about me, is that because I so rarely feel anything for anyone, when I DO fall for someone, I fall hard. Too hard. This is getting pretty deep for a myVMK forum post :P But I think that's one reason I end up coming on too strong and driving people away. It's like being deprived of water in a desert, then given a rare canteen and expected not to gulp it all down at once like a crazy person.

@Jason
Deep posts are the best <3

See, I'd like to think I would figure something out if I ever wanted kids, but I have never in my life had that want. I have nothing but baggage and commitment issues. I have a hard enough time committing to student loans and going to class without having a meltdown. I could not handle an 18+ year commitment. I have three nieces at the moment and that is perfect for me. Like, I love my baby nieces so much and I would do anything for them, but, at the end if the day, I can send them home.

I plan to have 63 cats. But I definitely don't want to die alone. I want the companionship I read about in novels, but it's never going to happen and that kinda hurts more than I want it to. I want to want all those things, but I don't have the capacity for it. I don't even find myself wanting a relationship further than friendship. It would be absolutely amazing if that changed, but I don't think it will.

I even had these issues when boys asked me out in high school.

I would say definitely keep your head up. You are going to find someone who will accept you for who you are and you are going to be happy. I believe it. You're an amazing person and I love you <3

I came across this thread adventuring through the old forums and now I'm curious to see if any of you guys still come on every once in a while.

Also want to know if there are any aces in the club?
Aro/Ace.
I am Asexual and homosexual :D Glad there are more Aro/Aces :D