Changing an Icon/Avatar Photo

12/22/14 EDIT: Avatar changes should work through the site now! If you have any problems with this, please let me know!

Lots of people have been asking about this lately. Right now the "custom avatar" feature is not working through the forums. In order to change your avatar, you must you Gravatar.

Sign up for Gravatar (it's free) and you can change your avatar that way until we get this issue fixed. Give it a few minutes to kick over from Gravatar to the forums, as it can take some time (5 or so minutes).

Thanks! If you have any questions about this issue, please post on this thread.

Last edited:

LadyMagic

Lots of people have been asking about this lately. Right now the "custom avatar" feature is not working through the forums. In order to change your avatar, you must you Gravatar.

Sign up for Gravatar (it's free) and you can change your avatar that way until we get this issue fixed. Give it a few minutes to kick over from Gravatar to the forums, as it can take some time (5 or so minutes).

Thanks! If you have any questions about this issue, please post on this thread.
I created a Gravatar account this morning and followed all the directions, and yet I keep getting this error message when I put in the email address connected to my gravatar: "There was a problem communicating with Gravatar. Please try again later." Is this just me?

Last edited:

BuddyBoo

Same here! I am wondering why... (Captin-Heather that's your Moderator Help Beacon)