Chest Keys for JC !!

Doing some quick maths:

Unless the drop frequency has been changed, in POTC, you get a Bronze Key every 3 wins, Silver every 8, and Gold every 14. Obviously POTC games can vary between less than a minute to 9 minutes, but let's say the average time for a (2v2 competitive) game is 2 and a half minutes. Obviously 4v4s can take much longer but I think thats a fair time. let's say the average winrate is 50%.

So with a POTC win every 5 minutes, you have a bronze key after 15 minutes, silver after 40 minutes, and gold after 70 minutes. We would then need to figure out how many points can, on average, be earned in those times. It's been a LONG time since I have played Jungle Cruise (Basically, back before POTC and HM were released), but if I remember correctly, a full (3 round) game of JC takes just about 9 minutes, and 40,000 is a pretty reasonable score you can achieve if you stay for the full game? Obviously if your watching a movie or not dedicating your attention to it, it might be less, but let's assume you are. So 9 minutes = 40k points (or 1 minute = 4444 points) you get (roughly):

66k points per bronze key
177k points per silver key
311k points per gold key.

Could just round those to some nice even numbers (60k, 180k, 300k). Obviously this is based on a lot of variables comparing it to Pirates, but wanted to think about potential key rates for Jungle Cruise.
I think those numbers are pretty fair for earning keys and could be easily implemented.

Doing some quick maths:

Unless the drop frequency has been changed, in POTC, you get a Bronze Key every 3 wins, Silver every 8, and Gold every 14. Obviously POTC games can vary between less than a minute to 9 minutes, but let's say the average time for a (2v2 competitive) game is 2 and a half minutes. Obviously 4v4s can take much longer but I think thats a fair time. let's say the average winrate is 50%.

So with a POTC win every 5 minutes, you have a bronze key after 15 minutes, silver after 40 minutes, and gold after 70 minutes. We would then need to figure out how many points can, on average, be earned in those times. It's been a LONG time since I have played Jungle Cruise (Basically, back before POTC and HM were released), but if I remember correctly, a full (3 round) game of JC takes just about 9 minutes, and 40,000 is a pretty reasonable score you can achieve if you stay for the full game? Obviously if your watching a movie or not dedicating your attention to it, it might be less, but let's assume you are. So 9 minutes = 40k points (or 1 minute = 4444 points) you get (roughly):

Could just round those to some nice even numbers (60k, 180k, 300k). Obviously this is based on a lot of variables comparing it to Pirates, but wanted to think about potential key rates for Jungle Cruise.
I, along with those that have shown interest in this, only ask for an even playing field, not an easier way to get keys. Therefore, I think your calculations are absolutely within reason and I appreciate you taking the time to do the math! I know nothing about getting keys through pirates, besides the basics, so thank you.

9 minutes at 40,000 pts on Jungle Cruise is a reasonable score. Most people get that as long as they are actually putting in the effort to play it. I think PlayerOne's point system makes complete sense to me.
Like AllyCat said, I don't think any of us are asking for an easier way to get keys (playing friendly potc IS the easier way), we just want to be able to play the game we like and earn keys while doing it.

@HOST_Nala Any news on what you guys are thinking about this?

Also, thank you @PlayerOne for the calculations. It may help us out a lot :)

riddleguy

Doing some quick maths:

Calculations for fireworks game? i personally want to see this implemented for both JC and fireworks

I'd love to help with calculations for Fireworks, but being that In barely get 1000 points (if I'm lucky) in an entire game, I obviously have no idea what "normal" is LOL
I am -terrible- at Fireworks.

GoofyMo

Just here to say that I as well was thinking about this the other day. JC is my favorite game whenever I’m not able to join a POTC game. Thanks for bringing this up!!

VMK_Kida

Atlantean Princess
Okay guys we have discussed this and as of right now we will not be adding keys to any single player minigames due to the fact that single player games are more vulnerable to bots.
We are truly sorry and if anything changes we will make the community aware!

-Kida