Childhood Stories

QueenB

So I was just talking to my Mom, and she was telling me all sorts of stories from when I was a kid haha.

One was how when I was a baby/toddler and she was home with me while my Dad was at work, she said she could not get anything done, like housework or taking a shower unless Barney was on the TV haha. She said that if Barney was on the TV then I would stand right in front of it and not move. Barney was basically my babysitter. (and i'm sure saved my moms sanity)

She also told me about when I was little and we would go to the beach, I would walk up to random peoples beach towels and stuff and start talking to them and making myself at home. I guess I wanted some new friends.

Do y'all have any stories from your childhood that your parents have told you?
lemme hear em

Nimmy

Mysterious Member
This seems fun, kind of excited to see what others post. :D

My mom use to tell how I was always her favorite when I was a baby because I was an extremely calm and quiet baby and during the nights no crying or fuzziness unless I was hungry or needed a diaper change, unlike my brother... he was the complete opposite.

She also told me how she accidentally dropped me when I was still a newborn, she was in the back seat of my grandpa's car and then they went down a steep hill unexpectedly, so she didn't have a good grip on me.

I was also told how when I was really young, my imaginary friend/s had to sit at the table in their own chair and get their own plate with actual food. My mom would tell me how she would pretend to give my imaginary friend food and I wouldn't have it. Would practically force her to waste and put food on a plate for no one. :squee:

How I use to love the sensation of bird/duck feathers on my face, that I would constantly do it to myself.

Also the story of why my jaw is so messed up. That when i was a toddler I use to love laying on my stomach on top of these big bouncy/exercise balls and swing/roll back and forth, until one day I went forward a bit more than I should have and practically ate cement. :whoa:
Like this basically, but imagine a toddler.

I mean, I once put my cousin on the side of the road and sang "Brother for Sale" to anyone that drove by (it wasnt a busy road) buuuut I like to think he deserved it. I was like 4 and really bossy idk

Chill

i cant think of any stories about me buuut when my little brother was 3 or 4, we were eating at a restaurant and this old lady walked in, like really old. my little brother screamed "it's grandma!" She gave us a mean look. LOL.

Last edited:

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
when i was 3 or 4...at perkins i stood up on the booth & sang a bible song to the whole restaurant.
i also threw up all over my parents at perkins around that age too.

QueenB

I mean, I once put my cousin on the side of the road and sang "Brother for Sale" to anyone that drove by (it wasnt a busy road) buuuut I like to think he deserved it. I was like 4 and really bossy idk
hahah I love it! and I just thought of the Mary-Kate and Ashley video where they sang that, it was my favorite.

from watching home videos i apparently said yep to everything instead of yes or yeah. I was basiclly ducky from land before time

thats all i got

omg, okay, so when i was like 4-5 i lived in this really big house in new jersey, and the doorbell was this really pretty chime. anyways, my cousin was getting married and my parents took us down to florida to see the wedding (they had it at the grand floridian wedding pavilion) anyways, when the music started for the ceremony, the same chime from the house started playing, and really loudly you could hear me say "come in!" all of the family thought it was adorable and it's on the wedding video and everything. so i guess i'm a family legend tbh

Jasmine

I had a shirt that said "For sale my brother" in the fourth grade. My brother just happened to be pretty popular in our small town and I was actually offered money (up to $20) for him. He was very offended, but I loved that shirt. :giggle:

Hmm... I know that when I was abut 3 or 4, I punched a kid in the stomach at my daycare because he was being mean to my brother. And apparently, whenever I got new shoes, I'd show them off to this guy that ran the daycare.

I was also really bossy at that age too lol. One of my nicknames was "4 going on 40." As young as the age of 2, I would only allow certain people (mommy and daddy) into my room because I didn't want anyone to mess it up. My family got mad :P

supernovagirl

When I was like 7, we were hiking in Boone, NC, and I went to go look over an edge and almost fell and my dad like at the last second grabbed me by the shirt to save me.

When I was sad, I would lock myself in my room and sing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" to myself lol.......

During our annual family reunion at our beach house in Massachusetts, I asked my cousin to play Barbies with me and he said no so I pushed him down the steps and he had to be taken to the hospital......

In third grade, I told my entire class that Santa wasn't real and I got a red card =/