Clone Policy Discussion

What would you like to see the clone policy be?

• No clones; only 1 main account

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Main account + 1 clone

Votes: 62 53.9%
  • Main account + 2 clones

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • No clone limit

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other (please reply to this thread with your suggestion)

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VMK_Rapunzel

The in-game Moderators have a quick request of the MyVMK community!
We've been wanting to solidify and clarify our Clone Policy for a while now and remove any gray areas that might be confusing. We're wondering if everyone could please check out the poll above, send in a vote, and if you have anything to add to the discussion please place your thoughts below. We're interested to hear from the community, since this rule will be directly effecting you all. Our hope is that since you will all be involved in the discussion of this rule, that you will all be more willing to follow the rules we put forth.

*Please note that this would be the Clone Policy game wide. Including but not limited to: any crates/pods/crates that may be added, SITS rides, HOST events, etc.

Edit: We know the BB8 decision wasn't super clear in regards to anything beyond collecting Star Wars crates, which is what pushed us to work to solidify the policy sooner rather than later. We hear you. We're listening. We're actively working to fix it.

***Please do not turn this into a debate with one another. We are looking for suggestions and input from you all -- not a debate.***

Thank you in advance!
:halcyon:

Edit April 18th, 2018 - I have asked that when a decision is made that an administrator discusses here the new guidelines and how the decision was made. Please be on the look out for that. We've been actively discussing, but ultimately the final decision is up to the administrators to finalize.​

Last edited:
I will admit I have two accounts I play regularly. ClintBarton was created back when we didn’t have all the clothing available toys and it was separated by gender. I like to think of him as a fully separate secondary account most of the time. He can usually be seen riding rides while, CoralHibiscus is socializing Or playing games because let’s face it that’s what the game was originally made for. if you see ClintBarton in an event, it will be because I put him in line for what I thought would be just the consolation prize, and somehow made it in after waiting 15- 20 mins for others to join

I see no problem with having two accounts (even then working two at the same time can be overwhelming). It’s the people who are running 5 accounts at once that I don’t understand. Those are the people I feel are cheating the system.

McQuack

I always thought the 2 account rule (main account and clone account) was fair since many people use a side account for extra storage and space. It also allowed people to create an avatar for either gender, but now that everything is unisex that point doesn't really apply anymore.

I think the main problem is enforcing what can be done on a side account. The problem I see is that there's a lot of double standards and discrepancies with the rule now. Clones can attend host events, visit NPCs, get free log-in items, earn SITs, etc, but can't do other things like play mini-games or participate in collecting events or room competitions. It makes no sense they are allowed to earn items and credits for some parts of the game but it's a no-no in other parts. I personally believe it should be all or nothing - either make it a rule that earning is allowed on side accounts or it's completely banned. Personally, I think the easiest way to enforce rules is to just ban it entirely. So basically, you can do anything on a side account that doesn't involve creating credits or generating items. It would create less clutter in the game, make host rooms less filled (and perhaps make the prizes more valuable), and keep it fair for everyone. If someone wants to build a room, customize their clone, or something else on their side account, they can transfer it from their main.

I always thought the 2 account rule (main account and clone account) was fair since many people use a side account for extra storage and space. It also allowed people to create an avatar for either gender, but now that everything is unisex that point doesn't really apply anymore.

I think the main problem is enforcing what can be done on a side account. The problem I see is that there's a lot of double standards and discrepancies with the rule now. Clones can attend host events, visit NPCs, get free log-in items, earn SITs, etc, but can't do other things like play mini-games or participate in collecting events or room competitions. It makes no sense they are allowed to earn items and credits for some parts of the game but it's a no-no in other parts. I personally believe it should be all or nothing - either make it a rule that earning is allowed on side accounts or it's completely banned. Personally, I think the easiest way to enforce rules is to just ban it entirely. So basically, you can do anything on a side account that doesn't involve creating credits or generating items. It would create less clutter in the game, make host rooms less filled (and perhaps make the prizes more valuable), and keep it fair for everyone. If someone wants to build a room, customize their clone, or something else on their side account, they can transfer it from their main.
I think this raises very good points! The root of the problem is misuse. Not the fact that clones exist!

IMO no clones should be allowed at events where there is a queue to a guest room to ensure everyone has a chance to play (getting a queue prize is probably fine just don't get in the room). Everything else (pod events, sword in the stone, etc) that's not named Pirates Game or Haunted Mansion are fair.

With events like the current bb8 chase or sword in the stone pulls, there isn't a problem with item inflation outside of some stuff being too common like the plushes are now. That's not even really a problem though, and it probably would happen even if no clones were around at all. It is waaay more likely even using a clone that you get more of those common items than anything of any significant value like the flip hat, so allowing clones there will still let us do what we want with our friends without doing any real damage.

If everyone is allowed the same number of clones then that seems to be the fairest way to level the playing field anyway.

Last edited:
I have one clone who I mainly use for storage because I too am a hoarder. Sometimes I prefer to play on her/my clone when I want to enjoy the game but remain anonymous. Another use for clones is when building. It's convenient to trade some credits to your clone so they can run and buy stuff from the store specials (like extra carpets when you realize you needed 5 more) while your main continues building. So I feel like one clone is fair.

However, my hubby sometimes plays since I convinced him to get an account. How are we going distinguish clones from other players in the household?

I have one clone who I mainly use for storage because I too am a hoarder. Sometimes I prefer to play on her/my clone when I want to enjoy the game but remain anonymous. Another use for clones is when building. It's convenient to trade some credits to your clone so they can run and buy stuff from the store specials (like extra carpets when you realize you needed 5 more) while your main continues building. So I feel like one clone is fair.

However, my hubby sometimes plays since I convinced him to get an account. How are we going distinguish clones from other players in the household?
I thought about this too, I recently got my bf started and don't want his main account to be confused with a clone for me! I currently don't have a clone, but I don't have enough items to need the space yet. I can see how it would be nice to have a clone to hold your extra stuff

I will be the first to say that I do have many clones, but once again I will state that I usually make them when I am building to have interactive characters (one of the reasons I brought up the idea of making a way to place avatars in a room wearing certain clothing, akin to animatronics. I know this is a huge undertaking and would take a while to be implemented, but id still love to see it happen!).

However, I generally only have my main account and one other on at a time. I circle through them, depending on whose username I happen to type in and my clone is generally riding for sits or with me in my room while im building, as I spread my inventory out across them so it is more easy to manage. That said, I think its fair to say main account and one clone are permitted for the sake of what most use them for is more than enough. As I said, most of mine are named for rooms I have made (GhostHost, and Mystic_Albert for example) and I used them in games to add an extra element. So, for any of my uses, I would only need 2 at a time and would be more than content with this.

Thus I would be slightly sad if it came down to having to ban all other clones, so I would suggest perhaps some way of keeping them so that they are not able to gain anything (unable to play minigames/make credits, catch crates, enter events, only able to log two on) but still be able to use them as inventory or to add magic to a room. Id be happy to list to staff my entire list of clones who I would be willing to have this done too to end any confusion about how I could be taking advantadge, aside from the proposed one that is allowed. But I would understand if the other decision had to be made.

It is more than fair to say one main and one clone, and once that rule is set, it will level the playing field as anyone will be able to take advantadge of the rule, unless they choose to not, which is their decision to make and live with.

Thank you @VMK_Rapunzel and the entire staff of moderators for taking this to the community to get a judge for what is fair.

PoorFroning

i just want to see consistency with the clone policy. for years now, staff has acted if cloning for sits isnt to "gain an advantage." i dont mind clones or not in general but it doesnt make sense to allow clones for sits and not allow it just to be able to start a multiplayer minigame when there arent enough people present. both examples of clone usage are used to "gain an advantage," which is currently against the rules from a denotative standpoint.

Last edited:
I think it is fair to say maybe have two accounts allowed on at one time, but people may want to make clones for a number of reasons such as they may just want to alternate different usernames or something. I think clones should be unlimited but there should be a limited number that is allowed to be logged on at one time.

I think that you should be able to make however many accounts you want. As other people have said, there are creative uses for them. However, I think that you should only be allowed to be on your main and one clone at once. When I'm on a clone it's usually because I'm building and want to see if it looks the same on the old client or I want to build while I do something else.
So I think that only one account should be allowed to be used for everything and I will explain my reasoning below.
Host Events
I really believe that only one account should be allowed in host events. The queues get so long because everyone has their clones going into the host rooms. I don't use two accounts for host events so my chance of getting in twice even if I get into the host room right away is very low. If I crash or I'm not home and I get into the queue somewhat after the room opens, I probably won't even get in once because of all the clones. If everyone is on a level playing field we could all get into the room at least once and probably twice. I really hope this one changes because it is super frustrating to see people getting in on multiple accounts winning multiple times when I can't get in once.
Pods
It's very easy to want to just use clones for this. But it's not fair if one person is in a room with two clones getting a ton of crates while other people are doing it in small or big groups competitively/friendly. I just see it as cheating personally.
Mini Games
I don't think you should be able to play a game on two accounts OR play multiple games on multiple accounts at once. That's cheating in my eyes and again it isn't fair if someone is making double what someone else is making because they're on clones. Making double with double credits is so much. That would make item prices even higher than they already are. It is annoying if there is nobody on trying to wait for people to join a Pirates game. I think that there should either be functioning AI option to fill your team or potentially a 1v1 battle option.
SITS
I think you should only be allowed to go on one account on the rides. However, I do think it would be helpful if maybe we got the magic every other ride instead of every 3rd since it's really hard to pull the pins. I think that could be a useful change. Then there really wouldn't be an excuse for using two accounts at once since you're getting the magics more frequently.

I think it would be much fairer if everyone just used one account for all of the above. I think it's fine to be on a main account plus a clone as long as the person isn't doing any of the above. I think that if someone is found doing it after it's happened any items/credits they made should be taken away. I understand this would potentially be difficult to moderate. I hope this will be taken into consideration. I think the game would be more fair this way. Thank you staff for asking for our opinion. I appreciate being heard. <3

The following words are mine and are adapted from a post made on another forum for another remake attempt I was a part of:

If I may put out the suggestion, I would like it if only one account be used per person. No sockpuppets. The Virtual Magic Kingdom I remember was certainly much more than just devoting months of real time to obtaining the rarest of the rare, limiting the experience offered to having that small red trade icon above one's own head more often than not. Certainly much more than just zombies and clones riding the Fantasyland Courtyard rides for the thrill of the off-chance of receiving a non-tradeable pin, the chat bubbles absent, and that pin containing the off-chance of being utilized to receive a static virtual item. Certainly much more than spending real money for static virtual items, those willing to do so becoming all-powerful in-game. My dream vision of [remake name] is increased social interaction between unique accounts.
I'd also like to propose the question of whether anyone remembers or can reference what VMK's original clone policy was, because I'd like to think that reproducing the management style Disney employed in its version of the game would make the chances of this one's continued prosperity as high as possible.

Last edited:

CoolBizzy

I don’t have any clone accounts at all, and I’ve basically found it close to impossible to get anything rare from SITS or the blind bags etc. purely because of the sheer volume those with clones are able to go through. Like this month alone I saw SO MANY people filling rooms with their clones and getting all the bb8’s without any competition at all. I have to actually find crowded rooms to try and spawn bb8 and compete with everyone else. I’ve never used a clone and I’m not huge into building so maybe I don’t have a great use for one....but all clones have done for me is make the game feel unfair since I don’t have the power to run 2 accounts at once. But I could see the benefit for others when building and such. I don’t know, I’m with everyone else where I would really like to see an all or nothing rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk