Clones?

As long as you don't use a clone to give you an unfair advantage it should be ok.
I believe that Amy has made this statement and it is the most enforced. ie. using multiple accts to enter Host events

I like playing other characters although our household is down to 1 acct since the server switch since something happened in the data base and our password is no longer working on our families accts and Amy is really busy.

Brandon

NFL Football Guru
I may have gotten into a slight argument with someone over the rules of having multiple accounts.
She was spewing out things i've never heard like:
"You can have a clone account /only/ if it is one of the opposite gender."
...What? How is that any different than me having two girl accounts? It didn't make sense
"You aren't allowed to take over someone else's account as your main account."
...Why? If they are quitting and are willing to give me their beautiful day one account, that i am able to change the email on and the character's name, WHY is this an issue?
"You can't play games on your clone account."
I just don't understand this rule in general. How am I doing any harm by playing games on my clone..It is still my time and effort being put into the credits, it honestly shouldnt matter what account im on. I personally like to use my clone as my save account and my main as my spend, just so I am not tempted to burn a hole through my virtual pocket.

So I guess my question here is: What are the rules on having multiple accounts?
And if there are rules against any of the above, why are they not on a readily accessible page for all members to see?
I would prefer to hear ACTUAL rules, not your opinions. (no offense,bc if it was up to me, everyone could have as many accounts as they want because what you do in your free time doesn't affect me whatsoever)
By actual I would like to see this in writing; not as something you /heard/ from Amy or any of the staff. People tend to ~hear~ a lot of obscure things from Amy that are clearly not factual.
Thank you!
Er even tho this is under the VMK Forum rules, I think it's regrading in-game as well.

Multiple / Sharing Accounts
Members are only allowed a couple usernames per person in a household and are strongly discouraged from sharing accounts with other family members and / or friends. In terms of guideline violations, MyVMK moderators/administrators may track multiple shared accounts from single or multiple computers as one account. If a guideline violation is severe enough, it may become necessary to ban/delete one or all of the usernames on the same computer, depending on the severity. You are responsible for anyone and everyone who uses your account and/or accesses other accounts from your computer.
Edit: Hal said she'll try to get someone in-game to settle this about the rule.

Last edited:
I have requested that an in-game staff member reply to this thread on the exact policy they have regarding clones.

Thank you for your patience :)

You are allowed to own multiple accounts as long as:

a.) You are not using it to break the rules
b.) You are not making accounts excessively (e.g., 50 accounts)
c.) You are not using it solely for profit - we want to see you actually playing on the account.

Ms_Special

You are allowed to own multiple accounts as long as:

a.) You are not using it to break the rules
b.) You are not making accounts excessively (e.g., 50 accounts)
c.) You are not using it solely for profit - we want to see you actually playing on the account.
Thanks for the reply, Grizzly!
These rules seems easy enough to follow.
The "gender rule" is clearly false then. :)
I appreciate it!

----------

I would like to add that if I came off as rude in this post, I am truly sorry.
It was brought to my attention by such a kind and caring individual that I was trying to give you a "slap in the face" by making this thread and that I should trust whatever I hear because I wasn't present when the gender rule was set.
It was never my intention to step on toes or to make you feel like a fool (sorry, this is what was said to me, I never thought I was making any of you look like fools because of the gender rule)
I appreciate everyone that helped with this thread and tried to find the rules thread for me.
I appreciate Grizzly for commenting and setting things straight.
Please understand that I had to find out for myself. I hope the ones that did get their feelings hurt can forgive me for being so blatantly rude to you.
Thank you.