Cupcakes or Muffins?

Cupcakes or Muffins?

• Total voters
a cupcake is designed to be iced, a muffin is designed to be not iced... at least thats how i always understood it.

like are they legit the same thing or.
I don't believe we should be discriminating based on things being iced and not-iced. Does the icing really change their core values? I don't think so.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
To me a cup cake tastes different. Would you have a bran cup cake? Maybe. I think the cup cake has more of a cake consistency and the muffin is more dense bead like.

Last edited:
The sass on this thread is hilarious. BUT.... I like what @Otters said. Smol bread vs smol cake. (It felt appropriate to use the smol snek spelling here.) Banana bread = banana muffin but not banana cupcake.

Muffins are better because you can eat them at anytime of the day and people won't question it

I'd say they're two different things. Cupcakes tend to be made with self-raising flour, are smaller and decorated with icing to make them sweet. Muffins tend to be made with plain flour + baking powder, are bigger + denser and have things inside like chocolate chips. :bbq:

VMK_Kida

Atlantean Princess
Muffins....

Muffins....

Mufffffffinnnssssssss....

Muffins can be enjoyed at any time of the day without judgement, however I personally enjoy cupcakes more. Unless it's a really sweet dessert muffin. Then I'd go with muffins. Can we have a "both, but they're individual small pastries and deserve to be recognized as such" option? ;)