Dark Ride Carts for your Character (repeatable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all,

I've been working on tracking down a teleporter bug for a few days now and I've finally found the repeatable steps to reproduce it.

What Happens:
A character will ride around throughout the kingdom in a Pirate Ship, an Alice Ride Car, or a Royal Carriage until they log out.

How to Reproduce:
1) Log out of myVMK.
2) Log back in to myVMK.
3) Go directly to the Main Street room.
4) Search in the rooms list for "MonkeyMonkey". You will see these three rooms:

Free Wheelchairs
Free Bug Ride Chairs!
Free Pirate Ride Chairs!

5) Visit any one of those rooms.
6) You will become "stuck" on the ride.
7) Go directly to the Main Street room.

You are now free to move about the Kingdom....

I'm posting this for Amy so she can see. There have been some squidgy bugs lately with all teleporters and I'm hoping this will help with her debugging. (I'd be glad to help out with that at any time).

Lost

Howdy all,

I've been working on tracking down a teleporter bug for a few days now and I've finally found the repeatable steps to reproduce it.

What Happens:
A character will ride around throughout the kingdom in a Pirate Ship, an Alice Ride Car, or a Royal Carriage until they log out.

How to Reproduce:
1) Log out of myVMK.
2) Log back in to myVMK.
3) Go directly to the Main Street room.
4) Search in the rooms list for "MonkeyMonkey". You will see these three rooms:

Free Wheelchairs
Free Bug Ride Chairs!
Free Pirate Ride Chairs!

5) Visit any one of those rooms.
6) You will become "stuck" on the ride.
7) Go directly to the Main Street room.

You are now free to move about the Kingdom....

I'm posting this for Amy so she can see. There have been some squidgy bugs lately with all teleporters and I'm hoping this will help with her debugging. (I'd be glad to help out with that at any time).
I wonder if we are allowed to do this. I know a lot of people were earlier. It guess it depends on a lot of factors, but things like using teleport magic to sit on the floor seem to be something staff are okay with so who knows.

I wonder if we are allowed to do this. I know a lot of people were earlier. It guess it depends on a lot of factors, but things like using teleport magic to sit on the floor seem to be something staff are okay with so who knows.
Guess not because staff destroyed his room...I'm so peeved...

Lost

Guess not because staff destroyed his room...I'm so peeved...
Oh. I didn't think it was that new of a glitch because people used to do it ages ago and even recently but I guess today with monkey making rooms for people to do it wasn't something staff wanted :P

Oh. I didn't think it was that new of a glitch because people used to do it ages ago and even recently but I guess today with monkey making rooms for people to do it wasn't something staff wanted :P
I wasn't making rooms for people. I made the rooms for me. I made the rooms for Amy and I gave her repeatable steps. Without the setup, how could she test? And the glitch didn't and doesn't hurt anything in myVMK. It surely isn't anything like exploiting the Kraken for credits, now is it Lost?

Lost

I wasn't making rooms for people. I made the rooms for me. I made the rooms for Amy and I gave her repeatable steps. Without the setup, how could she test? And the glitch didn't and doesn't hurt anything in myVMK. It surely isn't anything like exploiting the Kraken for credits, now is it Lost?
Lol I don't know why you're trying to personally attack me...

If I remember correctly you were also giving other people in-game the steps to re-create the glitch too, so don't try act all holy than thou with the whole I made it for me and Amy only.

You could have just made a thread or pm'd Amy with the steps, you could have also not done the glitch in-game where people would get curious about it and ask.

Also how do you know it doesn't hurt anything in-game? I doubt you could have tested every way it could affect game mechanics.

Lol I don't know why you're trying to personally attack me...

If I remember correctly you were also giving other people in-game the steps to re-create the glitch too, so don't try act all holy than thou with the whole I made it for me and Amy only.

You could have just made a thread or pm'd Amy with the steps, you could have also not done the glitch in-game where people would get curious about it and ask.

Also how do you know it doesn't hurt anything in-game? I doubt you could have tested every way it could affect game mechanics.
Dishing it back out like ice cream! TRIPLE THREAT!

You are viewing the thread I made for Amy. I have emailed myVMK, I pm'd Amy, I mailed contact and I have never ever received a response in the past. Of course I couldn't have tested every possible circumstance, but I'll put my 35 years of software development in the bin here and say that I have a substantial probability of being correct in this case. This'll be my last comment on this thread. Have fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.