Dear Staff, Hello it's Neo again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes, I'm about to be that person.
1573486711045.png

I was working on 99/100 for the last hour of the quest. After working all day long on it and seeing multiple people cheating to get this quest done.

Every SINGLE person who had someone else play fireworks for them or some other game for this quest better have their prizes revoked.

Not a single staff member should receive this quest reward unless they completed the requirements. That includes the quest maker and designer. There is nothing stopping them from having to complete the quest. This isn't a situation of preventing favoritism. And being on staff is a volunteer position, pay for time isn't guaranteed.

To make a quest so unsympathetic as this takes a special person. Congratulations @HOST_Crash for not only making the hardest quest MyVMK has seen.. but the worst quest.

Not a single person completed this quest honestly and with integrity. (not that I blame them) Even those who passed fireworks easily still had to force points for POTC. So much so that most of the new POTC high scores are now cheated scores. Congratulations @HOST_Crash, I'm sure you are most happy with these results.

This quest was so obviously created by someone who does not understand the skill levels required to reach most of these scores because all they do is ride PPR all day and wear their staff rewards.

This quest was so obviously unchecked by other members of staff, or if it was, they allowed one stubborn staff member to create a damaging quest for the community.
Either way, Congratulations. Great management there.

Yeah, I'm mad I didn't complete the quest. And I'm more frustrated that it's been 7? years and mistakes such as this and many others are continually made. So many thoughtless actions, this is just one of many.
I guess it just works with the current theme of MyVMK:
Exclusionary, Elitest, and a ******** shame.

I don't expect @HOST_Crash to care in the slightest (that's clear from this quest being made) but maybe someone else will.

goobie

violent delights
Yes, Neo. Pop off. I'm here with some stuff to say as well.

I have pretty much always been on the side of "Not everyone will be able to do everything in a game." Sometimes people don't have time. Sometimes things are too difficult for some people. It's a game, and games aren't all easy and full of hand-outs. However, I cannot defend this quest. I understand some people want more difficult quests. That's totally fine. But when such an uncreative, uninspired, lazy quest is so difficult that not even 20 people can finish it? That's just disrespectful to your player base. What percentage of the player based could successfully do this? I feel like there should be some minimum requirement so that this doesn't happen again. 10%? 20%? After hearing about some of the tasks (exactly how many times did you guys have to smile!?) it sounds like Crash put in less than an hour of work making it. No way he tested it, and if he did then he absolutely skipped the games (six rounds of fireworks? I get you're trying to deter cheating, but come on). It sounds like he just wanted to make a difficult quest to get an easy item by assuming it would be given to staff members (as Neo said, no way he deserves it given to him. If he wanted it then he could do the quest like "everyone else").

Not a single staff member should receive this quest reward unless they completed the requirements. That includes the quest maker and designer.
The only thing I disagree with is the designer not receiving the item. It's a really good item that probably required a lot of time and effort, and we don't know whether or not they knew how freaking difficult and bad the quest was going to be when they agreed to design it. However, no other staff member should receive this item.

Not a single person completed this quest honestly and with integrity. (not that I blame them) Even those who passed fireworks easily still had to force points for POTC.
Absolutely. I can't blame them for this, either. There was absolutely no way to get that 400 without manipulating the game. If he took the time to look at daily scores, even the best pirates players don't easily hit 400 points. Also, why set the required score so high when the points don't even work on POTC?

This quest was so obviously created by someone who does not understand the skill levels required to reach most of these scores because all they do is ride PPR all day and wear their staff rewards.
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. YES.

I just want to make it clear that I am not bitter because I couldn't do this quest. There have been easier quests I've passed on in the past because I knew I didn't have the skill level to complete them, and I've always been okay with that. I'm mad that this was clearly some kind of power move. I'm mad that nobody cared to check this quest. I'm mad that the effort that went into making this was essentially non-existent. Who is allowing this to happen? Step up and do your jobs.

@morgan thank you for taking the time to engage!

After thinking more about it, I too agree that the designer should be able to have the items. As they likely had zero input to how this beautiful and time-consuming item would be implemented.

And I agree with everything else you said aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.