Difference between fireworks game VS remixed?

Cyber Toon

Can someone please tell me the difference between the fireworks game vs remixed, other than the cursive text? Cause I have never seen the non-remixed other than a picture of the world screen and a picture of the lobby, which are from a wiki. And can someone give me a link to some videos and/or pictures of classic fireworks game?
That, and that I never played the original :(
at all.
ever.
(though for some reason VMK gives me dejavu)

I honestly have no clue! I do remember there was a difference because I remember my mom complaining about it lol (She played for me when I was at school hahahaha)

If I recall, and mind you it's been 5 years and I wasn't an active player, they added 2 new shapes and changed how scoring works. Before, a high score was like 300k, and after, it was more like 7000.

Geggy

The two games were definitely different - scoring, bonus combos, and timing on the 'flawless' hits.

The only video I know of from the original Fireworks (I call it 'Mixed') is from WDWTigger72. If you click this link, you will download it.

I had a similar video that I posted, but the hosting site no longer exists. I do still have it, but watching another Fireworks Remixed pro, SillyKid, will be just as informative (and his has sound, mind didn't). You can access that video on youtube, here.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
New scoring system at least. I liked the original more than the remixed one, though.

yeah, I saw WDWTiggerRT, he had to change his name on the old openvmk... he had videos of the original. Maybe once we get him on the boards he could share those again, I've not seen them in years tho I did play both.

The two games were definitely different - scoring, bonus combos, and timing on the 'flawless' hits.

The only video I know of from the original Fireworks (I call it 'Mixed') is from WDWTigger72. If you click this link, you will download it.

I had a similar video that I posted, but the hosting site no longer exists. I do still have it, but watching another Fireworks Remixed pro, SillyKid, will be just as informative (and his has sound, mind didn't). You can access that video on youtube, here.

Geggy

yeah, I saw WDWTiggerRT, he had to change his name on the old openvmk... he had videos of the original. Maybe once we get him on the boards he could share those again, I've not seen them in years tho I did play both.
How come he had to change his name on openvmk? Or, do you mean on VMK? I know he had to drop the "72."

Lost

Wow thanks for the videos, forgot what the original looked like even though I played it more than the remixed :P

If I remember correctly, it's more important to hit all the fireworks, great if you can get flawless, but unlike the other version, don't miss out on a firework to get it

Ranch

Just to help a little..

Remixed - You gotta keep your multiplier at 3.0 to be able to score 24 points per flawless (it takes 5 flawless to max out at 3.0), combos are important pretty much the whole way through.

Classic - You gotta hit EVERYTHING.. the later you wait, the better your chances at 1k per flawless. Careful though, you might be too quick on the flawless, and you'll only get 900 points or so for being too fast on the click. Let it twinkle, THEN pop it for the highest possible score.