Question(s) about Born In Park Badge Digital vs Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ang

Un Petit Pamplemousse
Print it up (phones/digital avatars will not be accepted), cut it out, and you're set!
@Absolem
Just to further elaborate or clarify this specific rule. Is there a specific reason taking a picture of your avatar on your phone or digital device is not allowed? Not everyone has easy access to a printer or somewhere to use a printer. It limits the format for the picture. Especially since we do live in a digital age, where most things are done via email or text.

At the end of the day it's the same concept. Your avatars pic is there, just digitally. It does save money on ink and paper for some, and doubles as a way to be eco friendly.

Last edited:

Ang

Un Petit Pamplemousse
The response to this is going to be "because that's the rules and we won't budge even if there's a valid reason to".

In other words, "haha we make the rules even when they're illogical".
The thing is, that out of all the rules, this one is the most unnecessary. Your avatar is still in the park. You are still limited to how many you can claim per month. You can easily cheat with "printed avatars" as you can with digital ones. Just one requires paper, ink, a printer, time, a computer, etc, while the other is just the device itself. It's a matter of convenience vs another waste. Going to the park is already expensive enough, now to get a badge on game, you have to go an extra mile and a half.

Whispered

You can go to a local library to use a printer.
Some people don't necessarily have local libraries? Or the libraries don't have printers? Not everywhere's a big urban city. Not everyone has the time to spend 30 minutes (or more) waiting for a computer to print. Some libraries block gaming websites on their computers. Some block peripherals, so there'd be no way to get an image onto the computer to print.

There's a valid concern that people would be unable to even print it. However, there's an equally valid, if not more pressing concern, of what if your paper cutout gets ruined (weather, lost, torn) before you take a picture in park? If this pin was supposed to be accessible and not just a gimmick, that's the real question to answer.

Myth

Some people don't necessarily have local libraries? Or the libraries don't have printers? Not everywhere's a big urban city. Not everyone has the time to spend 30 minutes (or more) waiting for a computer to print. Some libraries block gaming websites on their computers. Some block peripherals, so there'd be no way to get an image onto the computer to print.

There's a valid concern that people would be unable to even print it. However, there's an equally valid, if not more pressing concern, of what if your paper cutout gets ruined (weather, lost, torn) before you take a picture in park? If this pin was supposed to be accessible and not just a gimmick, that's the real question to answer.
You could save the image and email it to yourself so the first point you made could easily be dodged.

And also, the second point you made could have the same arguments if the rules were phones only.
What if you drop your phone and the screen is shattered? What if you don't have a smartphone or a phone that can display images? What if your phone battery dies when you get to the park?

There are ways to get around everything.

Whispered

You could save the image and email it to yourself so the first point you made could easily be dodged.

And also, the second point you made could have the same arguments if the rules were phones only.
What if you drop your phone and the screen is shattered? What if you don't have a smartphone or a phone that can display images? What if your phone battery dies when you get to the park?

There are ways to get around everything.
that's why we're arguing for people to have multiple ways to take the image.

duh.

[content removed]
Our point is that there should be MULITPLE ways to do this, not an either or thing.[/USER]

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess because it's much easier to do many at the same time and easier to photoshop people in to a phone screen.
It's just as easy either way. The only difference is it's difficult to imitate a screen glare or brightness levels. It's just an inconvenience to go somewhere and print it. For example I haven't used an actual printer in 4 years. Everything is done via email, text, images. Not everyone has easy access to a printer or library to print it at. So on top of getting ready Togo to Disney, you also need to find a printer and plan your time to include to print a avatar.

Also @Myth , to your argument if a phone dies, your screen cracks, etc. It's worse with a paper image. What if it rains and is ruined? What if you lose to or break it? What if the wind blows it away? All these what ifs can easily ruin your chance. At least with a digital version, you can charge your phone. Each time I've gone to Disney, I've been able to charge my phone but I constantly lose those paper maps and tickets. And I know I'm not the only one.

[content removed]
Some libraries can barely afford computers let alone printers, some of us live in rural areas. If we're going to a park and we take a virtual picture for a virtual game it should count. Pixels for pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whispered

you're going to be at Disney, not in your rural area.... i'm sure there'll be somewhere to print it out there..lol
Yes because if I'm flying into Disney, I want to have to rent a car, find a public place with a printer, pay for gas, to take 2+ hours out of my trip to go print out my little avatar.

The fact you expect someone to go out of their way to get this badge, simply because they can't print it out (but they can get it on their phone), is horribly inconsiderate.

Yes because if I'm flying into Disney, I want to have to rent a car, find a public place with a printer, pay for gas, to take 2+ hours out of my trip to go print out my little avatar.

The fact you expect someone to go out of their way to get this badge, simply because they can't print it out (but they can get it on their phone), is horribly inconsiderate.
If you're going to be staying at a Disney hotel then ask the people at the front desk if they can print something for you?? No one is saying rent a car and drive to a printer.
If they wanted the badge to just be handed to you and not somewhat difficult to obtain, then they'd sell it in the shop omg god forbid you work for something

Myth

I'm just laughing at ppl who are trying to make excuses for why they can't print one picture like I can literally print it for you and mail it to you

but seriously if the badge is that important to you there are a handful of people who live right next to Disney who can help you out instead of causing such an ordeal for you if it's that complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.