Disconnect loop for the past 19 hours

So I just found out about MyVMK and I was so excited to play until it was an hour later and I still wasnt playing. Then three hours later after looking through threads and this is what i've tried to remedy this issue:
First off I'm on wireless Windows 8.1 flash 15 shockwave 12.1 (And no I cannot connect to a cable, I live WITH my land lady and she didnt even want me to use her internet)
I have tried:

Uninstalling Shockwave
Reinstalling Shockwave
Uninstalling Shockwave and downgrading from 12.1 to 11.3
Uninstalling Shockwave and upgrading from 11.3 to 11.5
Doing the last two steps about 8 times (literally)
Uninstalling Shockwave and downgrading to 10 (Only works on Windows 7, not 8)
Adding the IP to malwarebytes exception
UNINSTALLING Malwarebytes
Adding an exception through my firewall
Tested the game with Firewall OFF
Tested the game with Windows Defender OFF
Cleared cashe/cookies/history and more through CCleaner and through all browsers
Tested the game on Opera, Chrome, Firefox and IE multiple times
Made sure my Region was US
Restarted my computer 15ish times throughout all of this
Checked and tested my internet connection multiple times (its a good connection and is never disconnected)
Switched to shockwave 12.1 full
Switched to flash player 16
Switched to flash player 15
Defragged my computer
Ran a disc clean

I have done ALL of this (Everything that anyone has ever said works for them, and what has worked for the OPs asking and yet NONE of it works for me
This also started around 5pm central and I gave up around 10pm, and didnt stop until then.
I have a techie boyfriend but im pretty alone with this since he's like really really sick and his mic is broken anyway so he cant get on skype/teamviewer to help me without having to switch back and forth to type to me
Help would be appreciated. This started IMMEDIATELY after I made my account, I wasnt even able to get in there and make my character -.-

Last edited:
Hiya, I have a wireless windows 8.1 as well. Here are my stats that I use to play and hopefully it will help you.

Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 <-- make sure it is the full version and not slim
FF 36.0.1
Sometimes I use MyVMK Pal - http://myvmkpal.com/download/

If you are missing a plugin for FF:
Install this: sw_lic_full_installer.msi if you're on Windows. If you're on a MAC you will have to use an unofficial tool called MyVMK Experience found in the General section of the forums.
Oh... and welcome! :wave:

Hiya, I have a wireless windows 8.1 as well. Here are my stats that I use to play and hopefully it will help you.

Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI
Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1 <-- make sure it is the full version and not slim
FF 36.0.1
Sometimes I use MyVMK Pal - http://myvmkpal.com/download/

If you are missing a plugin for FF:

Oh... and welcome! :wave:
what's FF? I have flash player 17 NPAPI so that might be it I'll try 16
oh Firefox? xD

I tried doing a disc clean but every time I chose which files to clean it went back to calculating every time >_>
Also, I can't seem to find a download for Flash Player 16 NPAPI like...anywhere...not even on the oldapps website...

It's still disconnecting ;-; I'll try version 15. And on firefox its showing a weird version of myvmk website its just white theres no actual set up, theres words but no way to play the game or anything. Chrome said plugin not supported and opera disconnected so ill try again with 15...
EDIT: Not working on chrome or opera with 15. I'll run the disc clean but in the mean time have any other tricks up your sleeve? lol

Last edited:
Chrome has its own special issues with shockwave at the moment. Started last week, here is the work around for now:
Type chrome://plugins/ into an empty tab and hit enter. You'll see the list of plugins that Chrome is trying to use.
Scroll down to the Adobe Shockwave plugin, and check the box "Always Allowed to Run". Then restart Chrome, and it will hopefully work.
Otherwise I am at a loss, sorry :(

EDIT:
Have you rebooted since downloading the shockwave?

Last edited:
oh you know what i havent restarted yet, but I'm defragging so I'll do it after. I also fixed the plugin and ran the disc clean. If this doesn't work I really don't know what will..I'll update you after I restart my computer! ^.^ thank you so much for helping me by the way.[DOUBLEPOST=1430583367][/DOUBLEPOST]OOOKKK that didnt work :( I have no idea what else I could do...Anyone have ANY ideas? :'( I wanna play so bad!

Last edited:
Wow what an easy solution! Oh wait. I dont have a character and therefore cant sign into myvmkpal. Tried it. I figured that was implied when I said this started happening immediately and wouldn't even let me make a character. Thanks though.
EDIT: well I decided to retry MyVMKPal buuuttt instead of a loading green screen its now - still disconnecting me. Which doesnt surprise me since many other people with this issue have the same issue with Pal

Last edited:
UPDATE: it works on my moms computer! Buttt I can't use it. We live on a big stretch of land and she lives in a different building than me. She said I can have my step dads old computer (screens broke so im gonna have to hook it up to another device) when she gets home but there's also a 50 percent chance it wont work...Does anyone know why its not working on my computer?

Jasmine

UPDATE: it works on my moms computer! Buttt I can't use it. We live on a big stretch of land and she lives in a different building than me. She said I can have my step dads old computer (screens broke so im gonna have to hook it up to another device) when she gets home but there's also a 50 percent chance it wont work...Does anyone know why its not working on my computer?
I'm assuming you're getting past the loading screen and then get the "you've been disconnected" pop up continually? If so, that's generally a Shockave issue. Shockwave is pretty iffy - I've had the same issue before where I could get on the game on my mother's computer, but not on my own.

I'm assuming you're getting past the loading screen and then get the "you've been disconnected" pop up continually? If so, that's generally a Shockave issue. Shockwave is pretty iffy - I've had the same issue before where I could get on the game on my mother's computer, but not on my own.
Yes, that's whats been hapenning. I have the same exact settings on my computer as my moms. Flash player 17 NPAPI, Shockwave 12.1 so I really don't understand why it's happening. My boyfriends insisting on buying me a gaming laptop but its $2k so he's not gonna buy it right away. I guess I just have to hope that it'll work on my step dads laptop...

CocoBandicoot

I haven't quit; college happened.
dude this is literally me but i finally made it through the dc loop to a diff problem and now im making progress this has been happening to me on and off for 7 months i feel ur pain dude