Disney College Program (DCP)

Which Disney College Program are you in?

• Disneyland Resort - California

• Walt Disney World - Florida

• I am not in the Disney College Program.

• I will be applying in the future to the Disney College Program.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello,
If you have not met me already, I go by Betsey in-game, but that is not my actual name. I recently got accepted into the Disney College Program - Disneyland Resort (California), and I'm looking for any MyVMK players who are also attending! I will be there for Spring 2016 (January-August). It would be nice to do a meet up, or get to know you during the program and talk! Let me know~
-Betsey:cheer:

Hello,
If you have not met me already, I go by Betsey in-game, but that is not my actual name. I recently got accepted into the Disney College Program - Disneyland Resort (California), and I'm looking for any MyVMK players who are also attending! I will be there for Spring 2016 (January-August). It would be nice to do a meet up, or get to know you during the program and talk! Let me know~
-Betsey:cheer:

I was JUST looking at this today about 20 mins ago and I was a bit confused on some things, in hopes you can answer. (I've read some of the FAQ and studied SOME DCP but not much helped).
1.They mentioned something about ACE? (america credit education? i forgot) Is that a class I need to take in my college or is it something disney will provide me?
2. Is there specific major I need to do to get into DCP (although it says all majors welcomed)? Or a specific job I need to get into for DCP? What are they looking for exactly?
3. Was the interviews hard for you or came naturally?

I had more questions but I guess they slipped my mind... I do really much appreciated if you answer this! I really would like to get into DCP...</3

Hello! Sorry for a late reply @Rosey :)

1. I believe ACE is the school Disney goes through. I will be taking a few classes while I am there. This is completely optional, but they are interesting classes mainly in management and areas that could help improve your role at Disneyland, or WDW. You get credits from the classes, and credits in general for taking the program, even if you do not take classes. There are no specific classes you need to take to get into the program, you just need to be enrolled and currently attending/taking classes at your college.

2. All majors are welcome. The roles (job positions) you may get into are all Disneyland related - hotel front desk, quick service food and beverage, custodial, life guard, retail sales clerk, cashier, attraction operations, etc. I am going into nursing, which does not incorporate with ANY of the roles, so your major does not seem to matter at all. Other people who were accepted are going into roles that could play a part, such as theater, or filming, but nursing? I do not see how I fit and I was accepted!

3. First interview is just passing the online stuff and it was exactly like applying for a job (online). The second part was the phone interview. This was my second time applying (the first time I did not get in). I asked for advice from previous people who had been accepted and they told me agree to everything and fluff yourself up, just like a regular interview. So, basically I said I was open to ANY role (even custodial, or busser), and made sure I met ALL qualifications for the roles. EX: "Do you have life guarding experience?" "No, but I have had professional swimming lessons for 2 years, and have been CPR certified in the past. Make yourself sound great! Otherwise, the interviewer was super friendly and sounded like a Disney princess herself. :)

Hello! Sorry for a late reply @Rosey :)

1. I believe ACE is the school Disney goes through. I will be taking a few classes while I am there. This is completely optional, but they are interesting classes mainly in management and areas that could help improve your role at Disneyland, or WDW. You get credits from the classes, and credits in general for taking the program, even if you do not take classes. There are no specific classes you need to take to get into the program, you just need to be enrolled and currently attending/taking classes at your college.

2. All majors are welcome. The roles (job positions) you may get into are all Disneyland related - hotel front desk, quick service food and beverage, custodial, life guard, retail sales clerk, cashier, attraction operations, etc. I am going into nursing, which does not incorporate with ANY of the roles, so your major does not seem to matter at all. Other people who were accepted are going into roles that could play a part, such as theater, or filming, but nursing? I do not see how I fit and I was accepted!

3. First interview is just passing the online stuff and it was exactly like applying for a job (online). The second part was the phone interview. This was my second time applying (the first time I did not get in). I asked for advice from previous people who had been accepted and they told me agree to everything and fluff yourself up, just like a regular interview. So, basically I said I was open to ANY role (even custodial, or busser), and made sure I met ALL qualifications for the roles. EX: "Do you have life guarding experience?" "No, but I have had professional swimming lessons for 2 years, and have been CPR certified in the past. Make yourself sound great! Otherwise, the interviewer was super friendly and sounded like a Disney princess herself. :)
No problem at all! I was getting a little worried though :o haha

1. I have joined a group for spring 2016 group on facebook, Tohrukun suggested that for help, and I displayed similar questions there and I was told that I don't need to take classes at WDW (which is where I want to go) so I guess that's good :o I guess another question: Will I be pushed straight into working since I'm apparently taking no classes?

3. Any advice for phone interview? I'm quite shy I'm scared I might slip up or stutter or something...
What if they ask me something similar to what you said and I'm not an "expert" at it or haven't done anything related to it?

Hug Tohrukun! Seriously, that is what helped me so much. Someone on MyVMK referred me to the Facebook page, the worrying of other people, made me feel less crazy, because I was freaking out and felt like the only one struggling and needed tons of advice! Also, they will give you so much positive advice. Many of the people in my FB group have already completed a program, but are doing another program, so it is a great resource!!

Everyone apparently gets the same experience, but your amount of hours change if you are not taking classes. You will have more hours available to work if you are not taking classes, because you do not need those extra hours, or days off to be in class. So, in a way you will be pushed to work more hours, but pushed to work directly, I do not think so. (Information received from program alumni)

I can be a shy person sometimes, and I get awful anxiety doing things such as interviews. They schedule it at a specific time, and on a specific day, so around that time I drove to a park and hung out in a more relaxing setting to ease myself. The conversation came naturally, because the interviewer was really nice, and it did not feel like she was talking to me like an employer, but it felt like just a casual conversation. If they ask you about your qualifications, I would just skip around the actual answer and fluff yourself up.

More examples that happened to me: The woman asked if I had any restaurant experience. I do not, but I let her know I have taken some cooking classes, and recently worked at food booths for some festivals, which gave me food handling experience.
She also asked about if I had any custodial experience. I do not have any actual custodial experience, but I have had to clean up random spills and messes at my previous job. So I explained those situations.

Stay positive and be comfortable!!

Hug Tohrukun! Seriously, that is what helped me so much. Someone on MyVMK referred me to the Facebook page, the worrying of other people, made me feel less crazy, because I was freaking out and felt like the only one struggling and needed tons of advice! Also, they will give you so much positive advice. Many of the people in my FB group have already completed a program, but are doing another program, so it is a great resource!!

Everyone apparently gets the same experience, but your amount of hours change if you are not taking classes. You will have more hours available to work if you are not taking classes, because you do not need those extra hours, or days off to be in class. So, in a way you will be pushed to work more hours, but pushed to work directly, I do not think so. (Information received from program alumni)

I can be a shy person sometimes, and I get awful anxiety doing things such as interviews. They schedule it at a specific time, and on a specific day, so around that time I drove to a park and hung out in a more relaxing setting to ease myself. The conversation came naturally, because the interviewer was really nice, and it did not feel like she was talking to me like an employer, but it felt like just a casual conversation. If they ask you about your qualifications, I would just skip around the actual answer and fluff yourself up.

More examples that happened to me: The woman asked if I had any restaurant experience. I do not, but I let her know I have taken some cooking classes, and recently worked at food booths for some festivals, which gave me food handling experience.
She also asked about if I had any custodial experience. I do not have any actual custodial experience, but I have had to clean up random spills and messes at my previous job. So I explained those situations.

Stay positive and be comfortable!!
Thank you so much for everything. I'm very confident in this and can't wait to apply in January, but trying not to get my hopes up too high lol
Speaking of Alumni, I didn't quite understand that... Is that for people whom have been in programs or CP's?

Yes, alumni are the people who have already completed the programs. You can do the programs as many times as you want, as long as you are a student. You have to go through the same process each time though.

plunderpirate

Hey, congrats! I did a CP in Florida in 2013 and then another one in 2014 in California. They're definitely completely different but both left me with so many memories. If you want to know more about California or the area or the parks at all let me know! The housing managers are also super awesome, I loved them all so you'll have a great time