Disney College Program Fall 2017

emily1313

im in submission too :/ last time applying because im kinda tired of the waiting game and just to be put into submission multiple times....
It's really annoying because last year I went straight to WBI and the only thing I changed was added more work experience and i was open to more roles this time so why am i in submission -.-

im in submission too :/ last time applying because im kinda tired of the waiting game and just to be put into submission multiple times....
It's really annoying because last year I went straight to WBI and the only thing I changed was added more work experience and i was open to more roles this time so why am i in submission -.-
I can't believe you applied and went straight to submission without doing a WBI. How does this even work? The application literally is what's your name, address, education, work history, and work preference. I applied for the first time for interview practice and out of curiosity because I've applied to about 10 resorts for an internship over the past month and have heard NOTHING (I have to have a site secured by February 10th). I went straight to WBI and after that went straight to phone interview. It's Thursday at 8:45pm EST and I'm freaking out.

i made my work experience all fancy and i put more roles in. i wish i knew what they want.. cause im done applying lol i need to focus on graduating this year.
@Elegance i don't even know girl, supposedly back then people had a chance to do the WBI but i guess things changed (obviously) but it's so ridiculous because i know i am highly qualified for QSFB and merchandise (though i know merch is a most wanted role, but not many people want QSFB and custodial, which were my high interest picks). literally a lot of ppl ive seen on the FB page were getting phone interview's and WBI's and it barely was an hour when apps dropped. but GL on your phone interview.

emily1313

I can't believe you applied and went straight to submission without doing a WBI. How does this even work? The application literally is what's your name, address, education, work history, and work preference. I applied for the first time for interview practice and out of curiosity because I've applied to about 10 resorts for an internship over the past month and have heard NOTHING (I have to have a site secured by February 10th). I went straight to WBI and after that went straight to phone interview. It's Thursday at 8:45pm EST and I'm freaking out.
Not everyone gets a WBI, they pick who gets to go on in the interview process based on work experiences or whatever else.[DOUBLEPOST=1485282663][/DOUBLEPOST]
i made my work experience all fancy and i put more roles in. i wish i knew what they want.. cause im done applying lol i need to focus on graduating this year.
@Elegance i don't even know girl, supposedly back then people had a chance to do the WBI but i guess things changed (obviously) but it's so ridiculous because i know i am highly qualified for QSFB and merchandise (though i know merch is a most wanted role, but not many people want QSFB and custodial, which were my high interest picks). literally a lot of ppl ive seen on the FB page were getting phone interview's and WBI's and it barely was an hour when apps dropped. but GL on your phone interview.
I'm still going to be hopeful! Everyone is being so negative on the facebook page. Submission does NOT mean you will be stuck there. A lot of people are but many get out, someone actually posted an email from a recruiter and she said that they compare applicants to eachother and some they pick first to move onto the application process then as it progresses, they review the people in submission and either deny or for interview.

Not everyone gets a WBI, they pick who gets to go on in the interview process based on work experiences or whatever else.[DOUBLEPOST=1485282663][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm still going to be hopeful! Everyone is being so negative on the facebook page. Submission does NOT mean you will be stuck there. A lot of people are but many get out, someone actually posted an email from a recruiter and she said that they compare applicants to eachother and some they pick first to move onto the application process then as it progresses, they review the people in submission and either deny or for interview.
They told us today at casting they had 3,400 applications yesterday, alone. They're swamped right now. Give it time and stay hopeful and positive. Many recruiters monitor the Facebook pages/groups. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having to do this 3 times really puts an edge on me, and always been stuck in submission till the last day to be NLIC. I've always heard people get out of submission, but apparently it's like a very low chance but now I'm seeing more people saying they got out? (why not me ugh just give me custodial!). I'm just not the one who is going to give everyone false hope or to believe in hope after many attempts. I had high hopes the last two applications and right before this one and I'm quite exhausted and sad. I don't have time to worry about something that's not going to happen. I don't have time to wait to know I will be NLIC. Either give me WBI or let me be NLIC right there instead of making me wait. I'd honestly just be fine if I was put into submission AFTER the WBI ( never even had a chance). I've worked quite hard this time and actually put effort into this application. I care about this so much it hurts.
I'm quite aware it's swamped, I'm aware there's over thousands of people applying, but you know what, some people got their WBI's AND PI's and it's just a huge sting. I came prepared but alas I'm "not good enough". Yea yea I'm a bit salty as you can tell... as much as I love Disney I've completely given up hope.

BTW it seems it's so much easier to get a part time job (had a PI but had to decline the offer due to certain reasons) but god forbid DCP.

I just can't stand to be in submission again, knowing I won't get pulled out. Heck, it will be a miracle. I'm really tired..

For the fun of it, I'll give away/trade my black flip if I get pulled from submission and get accepted into the program. How about that? xD

Edit: if you'd like I can send my work experience portion and you can judge/critique from that.

emily1313

Having to do this 3 times really puts an edge on me, and always been stuck in submission till the last day to be NLIC. I've always heard people get out of submission, but apparently it's like a very low chance but now I'm seeing more people saying they got out? (why not me ugh just give me custodial!). I'm just not the one who is going to give everyone false hope or to believe in hope after many attempts. I had high hopes the last two applications and right before this one and I'm quite exhausted and sad. I don't have time to worry about something that's not going to happen. I don't have time to wait to know I will be NLIC. Either give me WBI or let me be NLIC right there instead of making me wait. I'd honestly just be fine if I was put into submission AFTER the WBI ( never even had a chance). I've worked quite hard this time and actually put effort into this application. I care about this so much it hurts.
I'm quite aware it's swamped, I'm aware there's over thousands of people applying, but you know what, some people got their WBI's AND PI's and it's just a huge sting. I came prepared but alas I'm "not good enough". Yea yea I'm a bit salty as you can tell... as much as I love Disney I've completely given up hope.

BTW it seems it's so much easier to get a part time job (had a PI but had to decline the offer due to certain reasons) but god forbid DCP.

I just can't stand to be in submission again, knowing I won't get pulled out. Heck, it will be a miracle. I'm really tired..

For the fun of it, I'll give away/trade my black flip if I get pulled from submission and get accepted into the program. How about that? xD

Edit: if you'd like I can send my work experience portion and you can judge/critique from that.

I totally get it , it's stressful and upsetting and sure! I can compare it to mine and see (last year I got a WBI) this year not yet

Wait you got accepted for PI but had to turn it down? To be honest, that may be why you're stuck in submission. They mark it on your record.
If you're that worried, I'd honestly give recruiting a call. You may not hear back right away, but right now would be better than next week. Even if it's just to let them know you're interested and wanted to make sure that everything was sent through alright.

Wait you got accepted for PI but had to turn it down? To be honest, that may be why you're stuck in submission. They mark it on your record.
If you're that worried, I'd honestly give recruiting a call. You may not hear back right away, but right now would be better than next week. Even if it's just to let them know you're interested and wanted to make sure that everything was sent through alright.

some people were saying it does not affect your application

plunderpirate

I applied last week for Disneyland! I filled out my application and got a WBI right away, and then that same day scheduled my phone interview. I had it on 1/31 and I've been in submission since then.