Disney College Program

Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone els in the forums has done the Disney College Program? If so, what did you like/ dislike about the program?
My DCP was 2015 Fall Advantage just in case any of y'all were there the same time as me.

plunderpirate

I did two programs, one in WDW and the second in DL. WDW was huge and so easy to make friends -- the complexes were gigantic and so many CP kids so it was like a college environment but all the time. DL was much more relaxed and laid back, which I actually didn't like. Everyone loved everyone the first few weeks, but there were so few of us that after that period, everyone hated everyone. It was very catty. They were both great in their own ways, and I would do both again, but for different reasons.

I did two programs, one in WDW and the second in DL. WDW was huge and so easy to make friends -- the complexes were gigantic and so many CP kids so it was like a college environment but all the time. DL was much more relaxed and laid back, which I actually didn't like. Everyone loved everyone the first few weeks, but there were so few of us that after that period, everyone hated everyone. It was very catty. They were both great in their own ways, and I would do both again, but for different reasons.
I hate to say but the whole catty thing is normal. It everyone talked bad about each other within our department too. I even had roommate issues within the apartments. Actually, one of my roommates termed herself and another girl took over her room. The girl who took over had paid the fee to move apartments because she claimed her roommates were really mean to her.

plunderpirate

I hate to say but the whole catty thing is normal. It everyone talked bad about each other within our department too. I even had roommate issues within the apartments. Actually, one of my roommates termed herself and another girl took over her room. The girl who took over had paid the fee to move apartments because she claimed her roommates were really mean to her.
This was the norm in mine as well. Lots of people switched apartments, myself included. Florida is so different because there are so many people that you can meet a new person every day and still not talk to everybody. In California, every face is recognizable and working together and living together in such a small quantity took a toll. It's the same as a small college -- everyone knows everyone, so everybody is in everybody's business. Everyone is connected in some way that it makes it difficult to avoid everything drama-filled. I just helped move my friend in to Carnegie on Sunday and I could already see that there are going to be problems and people aren't going to get along, and I was only there a few hours. I wish my program had gone differently, because I think I could have gotten much more out of it than I did, but regardless of that I still learned so much and am in a better place because of that.