Disney Haunting Stories

Since Halloween is coming around the corner faster than a witch on a broomstick, I decided to share some Disney related ghost stories that I have heard from over the internet; some you might have heard of it.

This Haunting story is called......
*cues horror music*

"The Ghost of George"
So wrap yourself in a nice warm blanket and drink up that pumpkin spice latte because this story is gonna be interesting.

*ahem*
Our story sets in the 1970's when Walt Disney World was still in construction. Pirates of the Caribbean was already being finished up here and there. However, our story is on an imagineer named George. He was working on constructing the burning town scene and rumor has it he fell 4 stories to, you guessed it, his death. Since the ride first opened, there were reports of the door in the jail scene being opened unexpectedly with the lights turned on, and the maintenance phone rings leading to the jail scene, and sometimes he tend to stop the ride unexpectedly; which I believe is him being mischievous in the after life. His presence is usually known in either the loading dock or where he fell to his death, the burning city by the bridge.

Because of how haunted it is, Cast member working in this attraction has to speak through the PA saying "Good Morning, George" before opening the ride and "Good Night, George" after closing the ride. Also guests are advise to not mention him or else he can cause the ride to temporarily break down

So this is something I am curious about:
Have you ever encountered anything supernatural at any of the Disney parks or heard any supernatural stories about the park?

Note: Hitchhiking ghosts don't count

Last edited:
Since Halloween is coming around the corner faster than a witch on a broomstick, I decided to share a story that I have heard from over the internet; you might have heard of it.

This Haunting story is called......
*cues horror music*

"The Ghost of George"
So wrap yourself in a nice warm blanket and drink up that pumpkin spice latte because this story is gonna be interesting.

*ahem*
Our story sets in the 1970's when Walt Disney World was still in construction. Pirates of the Caribbean was already being finished up here and there. However, our story is on an imagineer named George. He was working on constructing the burning town scene and rumor has it he fell 4 stories to, you guessed it, his death. Since the ride first opened, there were reports of the door in the jail scene being opened unexpectedly with the lights turned on, and the maintenance phone rings leading to the jail scene, and sometimes he tend to stop unexpectedly; which I believe is him being mischievous in the after life. His presence is usually known in either the loading dock or where he fell to his death, the burning city by the bridge.

Because of how haunted it is, Cast member working in this attraction has to speak through the PA saying "Good Morning, George" before opening the ride and "Good Night, George" after closing the ride. Also guests are advise to not mention him or else he can cause the ride to temporarily break down

So this is something I am curious about:
Have you ever encountered anything supernatural at any of the Disney parks or heard any supernatural stories about the park?

Note: Hitchhiking ghosts don't count
oh dang I wonder if what would happen if you say his name there!

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
So this may actually be a true story (I've heard there's a CNN report of it? Haven't looked yet) but awhile back there was a 7 year old boy who passed away. He was a huge Haunted Mansion fan, so his mom asked Disney if she would be able to spread his ashes around in the mansion or on one of the rides. Disney denied her request, so she snuck his ashes on a ride (not sure which one) and spread them. Ever since, employees and guests have reported sounds of a child crying near the Haunted Mansion exit, as well as reports of a young boy running around the ballroom. When these events were investigated, it was found that no one was there.

Ah, scary o-o and @MissMitzy 's story is scary, too :stare: o-o

Our next haunted tale is.....

"One-Way to Space"
Our story circulate an old tale of the famous Disneyland ghost of Space Mountain nicknamed "Mr. One way". As you all know, Walt Disney World was the first Disney park to build space mountain dating in 1975. Four years later Disneyland officially opened their version of Space Mountain. Story has that "Mr. one way" was a park guess who was struck by an oncoming ride vehicle when he got off the ride too early.

He is known to strike up a conversation with people waiting in the queue to board the rocket ships. However, when you go through the hyper drive scene; which is the very end of the ride, he vanishes into thin air. Hence the nickname Mr. One Way.

Those that encountered this ghostly being described him as a large man with red hair, sun burnt colored skin, and seen dressed in 70's clothes. Since he likes to talk to the living, his conversation seem to be noted as dated and he is unaware of what happened after the 70's.

His presence is usually felt while waiting the queue and boarding the train. If your phone is dead and the line is taking forever, be sure to watch out for him because he is your go to guy who will keep you company. ;)

Last edited:
If you think talking to a ghost wasn't spooky, try riding with one!

In our next haunted tale, we will drop in to somewhere we are quite familiar with. This haunted tale is called...

"Haunted Check-in"​

Our Story sets in the late 1990's when Tower of Terror was first opened, we already know that it is 199ft tall consisting four loading docks named Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta. Now, word in the lobby a cast member was working in the Delta platform loading guests into the ride vehicle. Strangely enough, he died on the spot. No one was certain how he died but some speculated it was health related since, of course, it is plausible. After the incident the ride resumed to normal operation after the investigation but that unexpected death checked this deceased cast member into.... the Twilight Zone!

dun DUN duuuuuun!

Cast members who've inspected the ride after closing hours reported seeing his ghostly figure in the boiler room (loading dock). However, the ghostly bell hopper vanish in a blink of an eye. The bellhop ghost somehow acts similarly to George the Ghost (i.e. breaks down the ride) but it only affect.... platform Delta.

Heres the creepy part; those who have encountered this ghost alone reported the ride stopping unexpectedly, lights flickering unusually, audio being distorted, and the ride system completely shuts down. Because of how haunted platform D was, cast members are required to inspect this platform as a group rather than alone.

There is a maintenance video up on youtube with what is supossedly the bell hopper ghost. However, I feel uncertain if it is legit but regardless...

Next time you enter platform D, be sure you have a friend cause you may never know if you'll be another guest of the Twilight Zone!

*lightning goes off and crashes the computer*

Elle

So this may actually be a true story (I've heard there's a CNN report of it? Haven't looked yet) but awhile back there was a 7 year old boy who passed away. He was a huge Haunted Mansion fan, so his mom asked Disney if she would be able to spread his ashes around in the mansion or on one of the rides. Disney denied her request, so she snuck his ashes on a ride (not sure which one) and spread them. Ever since, employees and guests have reported sounds of a child crying near the Haunted Mansion exit, as well as reports of a young boy running around the ballroom. When these events were investigated, it was found that no one was there.

As you know, staffs are required to make a walk-through to ensure the ride works properly and there are no lost item. However, this walk through got a bit spooky.

In this haunted tale, we will be hearing a haunted story called....

"Dolly Drop"
The matterhorn bobsled is one of Disneyland oldest and icons Disney ride known to man. However, it is not only known to have a basketball court inside the mountain and real mountain climbers, but it is actually haunted by the ghost of Dolly.

January 1984, a Californian park guest whose name is Dolly Regene sat in the back part of the bobsled where she unbuckled her seatbelt to lean over and check on her kids. Unfortunately because the ride was 2/3 finished, she got catapulted from the drop to the other track above where she got struck by an oncoming car.

Based on where she died, she was in the fantasyland side where she was riding in. Those who have encountered the ghost said she faintly say "hello" to one of the cast members that does a walk through, the lights from by the drop dubbed "Dolly Drop" goes off when in there is nothing wrong, and riders sitting in the back on the fantasy side have reported their seatbelt unusually unbuckled when they were buckled.

So the next time you ride, be sure to hang on tight and knot that seatbelt up because it gonna be a bumpy ride!

Last edited:
(FOR DISNEYLAND, CA)
Variations of this include a little boy with a baseball cap in a red shirt that rides backwards up the escalator, or stands in the area where the Doom Buggies turn to go back to the start of the ride. He's been reported since the side opened.

(Bonus fun fact about HM: In the ballroom, nearing the attic, there's a spider on the glass. This was placed there to cover a bullet hole from some guest-dude shooting it during the 70s. The piece of glass could not be removed without taking the roof off of the Haunted Mansion, so Immagineers simply placed a spider in a web right over it. During the Holiday layover you can see it the best, as the tree illuminates the shatter of the hole and the spider in front of it.)

There was also another little boy run over by a tram in the parking lot area that is now the Cars Land area that has been reported like crazy (esp. by 3rd shift) since the area was built. I have family that claims to have seen him. Since I believe in ghosties and trust the source, I am keen on the idea that he's there.

EDIT:
There's a book called "Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-ears Look at Disneyland" that's got a large collection of 'verified' deaths, and injuries that lead to death, at the parks, primarily from Disneyland, CA. I highly suggest the first one in the series if you're interested in this sort of stuff, but please note that it is geared towards adults for certain other topics, and for the amount of detail it goes into (mainly with the deaths.)

Last edited:
Well I am gonna make a quick post and I think this story isn't much of a spooky story, but rather an unusual report. This haunting tale is called...

"Too Much Time Makes a Man have no Eyes"
Dinosaur is Animal Kingdoms first E-ticketed attraction designed to look similar to its cousin from Disneyland "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom". Besides dinosaurs and Carnosaurus sprinting all over the place 65 million years ago before the major asteroid impact, there were some unusual reports of a Disney park guest. He is described to look Middle-Aged, wearing regular clothes with a baseball cap; nothing usual there. However what made guest report about him is how he doesn't have eyes but instead a black cloud. In fact, there was even an on-ride photo of him however I am just too lazy to put the photo up. From how the photo looked he appears stern/emotionless and looked like he was wearing sunglasses but wasn't.

Unfortunately there wasn't much of how he popped up but there was an incident back in 2005 when a 30 year old man had a failed pace maker, causing him to have a heart attack moments later, after riding it. So maybe it was him but I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
A guest passed away after riding Space Mountain this past summer, and the account has been made public by Disney in their recently released quarterly report. I'll report back when I return from my Halloween trip if I have an encounter.

So far, I was on the Haunted Mansion ride back in '13 and the ride broke down. I was stuck in the hallway for 30 minutes before a CM came with a flashlight to all guests. The word was a camera caught a person hopping out the buggy, setting off sensors, but no one was found...
There has been ashes spread around the ride, but no deaths. I've also had feelings of being watched at night in Port Orleans Riverside rooms, but that's it.

A guest passed away after riding Space Mountain this past summer, and the account has been made public by Disney in their recently released quarterly report. I'll report back when I return from my Halloween trip if I have an encounter.

So far, I was on the Haunted Mansion ride back in '13 and the ride broke down. I was stuck in the hallway for 30 minutes before a CM came with a flashlight to all guests. The word was a camera caught a person hopping out the buggy, setting off sensors, but no one was found...
There has been ashes spread around the ride, but no deaths. I've also had feelings of being watched at night in Port Orleans Riverside rooms, but that's it.
I used to get a weird feeling at Riverside as well, but it always felt like something older... part of the land. It was like I was intruding on something secret.
Haven't been back in years, but I always loved visiting (and staying at, when my family could afford it of course [popcentury and music hotel w00t] ) Port Orleans French Quarter, but we always visited Riverside just to wander around. I never liked it. Neat to see that I'm not alone!

Let's take a ride on memory lane where we will experience what tomorrowland was like before they got transported to the golden cyberpunk world of tomorrow. In this tale we wil be encountering a high school ghost who had a thing for blondes

This tale is called...

"GhostMover"​

Disneyland is known not just as the first family theme park but is also known as "Grad Bash", a Senior High School party that they have every year before High School seniors graduate. In fact, this tale dates back ton 1967, the year the PeopleMover first opened. Our story sets during grad bash at Disneyland Park; a 17 year old high school senior who goes by the name Ricky was hopping from train to train as the ride was moving. Unfortunately, he missed a step and fell on the tracks. The deadly part of the story was he got run over by another moving vehicle; resulting his body to be under the vehicle and dragged 100 feet of the track. Note that the ride was going at 2 mph and you have this heavy vehicle moving along the track. It lead the ride to make an emergency stop; forcing the ride to close for over a month just to remove the body, fix the tracks, and possibly create a way to prevent this from ever happening. Sadly, the PeopleMover (once remodeled as Rocket Rod) closed for good due to California laws and the possible conditions the platforms are in. Those that have queued and ridden the PeopleMover/Rocket Rod reported of his ghost pulling girl's long blonde hairs (old and young). Rumor has it Rick had a thing for blondes; possibly to pull himself up before he died. His ghost presence is strongly felt in the tunnel by where Star Tour is. Also, it is noted that his ghost is present when you hear either laughter of joy or a screams of pain. So next time you ride the PeopleMover; which I highly doubt it will come back, be sure to tie your hair up in a bun because we don't want you to lose your hair. ;)

Sorry it took so long, I got sidetracked with movie making and possibly staying up till 4 in the morning.

Last edited:
Our Last haunting tale for Halloween is something that we are all aware of; in fact, it is more famous than the ghost of George! Our next tale is...

"Firehouse Watch"​
Disneyland, as we know, is one of Walt Disney's proudest achievement he made for families of both big and small. To rekindle childhood memories for young and old, and it still does to this day! However, our famous ghost is none other than Walt Disney himself. As you all know he died from natural causes; which happens to be from cancer. He usually haunt the apartment on top of the firehouse; maybe in the suite (located on top of the Pirates of the Carribean) and some parts of Main Street U.S.A. Those who have encountered his ghostly figure report seeing a shadow figure turning on the lights in the firehouse. The others, I am very unsure about. I don't want to get too much into detail but lets just say his ghost spooked off a first time employee of the disneyland park. She was assigned to clean the interior of Walt's apartment. As usual, she turned off the lights and left the room. When she was outside, she noticed the lights turned on. Second time around, it happened again. Third time but this time she stayed in the room, the lights turned on and when she got out, she spotted his shadowy figure and stormed off.

Thats all the tale I want to give you but hopefully I can find some more for next year's halloween celebration!

Happy Halloween everybody! :D

MUAHAHA... *coughs*
sorry about that but aaaaaanyways, halloween is almost here and you know what that means?
No, not a huge batch of raisin boxes and apple (who even eat those?)! There is more spooky ghost story about things that go bump in the night around the Disney Property!

In this spooky tale, lets embark on the most "scariest" cruise that ever sailed. We might see vampire or witches flying over the Eiffel Tower in Paris or mummy walking like an Egyptian in Egypt! So for this tale, it is called...

It's a "Scary" World!
As we all know, It's a small world is the most beloved attraction since it first debuted at the New York City World's Fair in 1964 and was later first opened two years later in Disneyland. What made It's a small world was and is very popular due to not only how artistically well-designed it was thanks to Mary Blair, who happens to be one of my favorite artist, but how it promotes world peace and hoping the next generation carries that message onward. Because it was popular, they had one built for every Disney theme park except for Shanghai Disneyland. However, were focusing on Walt Disney World's attraction. You may have heard about this but apparently cast members who make their walk around during after hours have witnessed some dolls were moving "freely" when the power is off. When I mean by freely, they went missing from where they're suppose to be and positioned differently. The freaky part is they've reported lights going on and off when the power was well... turned off. If you remembered that scene in the first Kingdom Keepers book about a couple of dolls coming to life and attacking the kingdom keepers, thats what it is like except no one got attacked. Unfortunately no one had any ideas why they would come to "life " but one thing for certain it is definitely something out of the iconic horror game "Five Nights at Freddy" (still a creepy game for me). If you see them coming to life, you're best bet is to grab a paddle and if they come after you, swing at them and run like McQueen!

You've been warned!

Last edited:
MUAHAHA... *coughs*
sorry about that but aaaaaanyways, halloween is almost here and you know what that means?
No, not a huge batch of raisin boxes and apple (who even eat those?)! There is more spooky ghost story about things that go bump in the night around the Disney Property!

In this spooky tale, lets embark on the most "scariest" cruise that ever sailed. We might see vampire or witches flying over the Eiffel Tower in Paris or mummy walking like an Egyptian in Egypt! So for this tale, it is called

It's a "Scary" World!
As we all know, It's a small world is the most beloved attraction since it first debuted at the New York City World's Fair in 1964 and was later first opened two years later in Disneyland. What made It's a small world very popular was not only how artistically well-designed it was thanks to Mary Blair, who happens to be one of my favorite artist, but how it promotes world peace and hoping the next generation carries that message onward. Because it was popular, they had one built for every Disney theme park except for Shanghai Disneyland. However, were focusing on Walt Disney World's attraction. You may have heard about this but apparently cast members who make their walk around during after hours have witnessed some dolls were moving "freely" when the power is off. When I mean by freely, they went missing from where they're suppose to be and positioned differently. The freaky part is they've reported lights going on and off when the power was well... turned off. If you remembered that scene in the first Kingdom Keepers book about a couple of dolls coming to life and attacking the kingdom keepers, thats what it is like except no one got attacked. Unfortunately no one had any ideas why they would come to "life " but one thing for certain it is definitely something out of the iconic horror game "Five Nights at Freddy" (still a creepy game for me). If you see them coming to life, you're best bet is to grab a paddle and if they come after you, swing at them and run like McQueen!

You've been warned!
Loved this last year ty for bringing it back!

Talk about audio-animatronics being spooky in the dark; I bet that walk through gave them chills! If you want to hear ghosts from outer space, you are in for a mission of your life. In this tale, we will explore Epcot's least famous G-force induced attraction that gained one too many controversy called.....

Mission: Spooks!​
Mission: Space is Epcot's infamous attraction that enclose you in a small cabin and simulates what astronauts experience when traveling to outer space and travel to Mars. Mission: Space sits where the once famous ride, Horizon, once stood. What made the attraction controversial is it's heavy duty positive G force. If you have no idea what positive G- force, it will be in the spoiler tab because its pretty interesting. Originally, all 4 of the ride terminals where spinning enabled but unfortunately some people got so dizzy that they "Code V" (which means... :vomit:), possibly pass out :faint:, and taken to the hospital if they're seriously sick. However, there were two incidents that made the ride very controversial. Not too long ago, a 4-year-old was riding Mission: Space and once the ride ended he was pronounced dead. The ride was investigate if the ride vehicle had something to do with its enclosed environment but was later cleared. However, an autopsy was made on the boy where they discovered he had an undiagnosed heart condition called myocardinal hypertrophy, an enlarged heart. He wasn't the only one who died riding it, a 49-year-old woman fell ill after riding where she later died at Celebration Hospital from a brain hemorrhage. Because of those incidents, Walt Disney World desperately had to make 2 of the terminals spin enabled with simulation and the other 2 stationary with just the simulation.

Now, story has it cast members have reported one of the terminals were colder than the others during their after hour inspections. Here's the spooky part, normally all the cabins are left open but one of them.... managed to close on its own when there is no one inside the cabin or in the terminal area. Some have also reported hearing laughter from the 4-year-old in the same area where he died, which unfortunately is unknown but maybe in the green terminal. I guess this answers the big question "if you're in space, can they hear you scream?" and I think that answer will be.... yessssssssss.

G-Force is the amount of force pulled on an object. Kind of similar to how you feel the force on a rollercoaster. If there is negative G-force, then you are kind of floating as your being pulled. However, with positive G-Force you feel pushes downward. The amount of G-Force is afffected based on the weight. The more you weight, the more positive G-Force you can feel. An average person can handle 5g but they would pass out. So its safe to say its best to keep it between 2-4g instead of reaching the maximum. Plus, everybody's ability to handle certain G-Forces varies.

Last edited:
I honestly never knew Mission: Space is always haunted and how it goes round and round with an unknown stop. Speaking of going around, this tale is quite crushing to read. It definitely progresses from spooky to terrifying. In this tale, we will explore Disneyland's carousel of progress. It is called.....

Scareosel of Horror!
Carousel of Progress was an attraction the Walt Disney Imagineers developed for the 1964 New York City's Worlds Fair. The attraction circulates (badumtsh) around a family that lived during the emancipation proclamation, or in this case the 1904 St. Louis Worlds Fair, and onward to the 1920's, the 1940's and then later the 1960's. Once the ride ended, you're lead to the upper deck to see a model of what Epcot was going to look like for Florida. Unfortunately, the attraction got relocated in Magic Kingdom and what Disneyland had to replace that building into America Sing and later on into their version of Epcot's Innovention. Little did anyone know that a cast member haunts this attraction after Carousel of Progress left the building.

Our ghostly tale circles around a Cast Member who goes by the name Debbie. It was her first day working on the attraction, which first opened in 1979. So it was when America Sing first opened. She was doing her job in getting people on the spinning loading platform. Unfortunately, she didn't know there was an incoming wall. So because of that mistake, she got crushed like a bug. Thanks to that, Disney installed a bumped where cast member can get out safely instead of flatten. It's uncertain where she haunts but some claimed she is in fact haunting the ride to this day. I'm still investigating on where exactly she haunts but in the rule of being a ghost, you haunt where you last lived; so maybe on the platform.

Being in the woods is scary enough but staying overnight in the woods surrounded my a river is too spooky for words. Our tale will cover Tom Saywer Island and the river that goes splash in the night. This tale is called.....

"Tom Scary Island"
Tom Sawyer island was an Island that can only be accessed on a boat resembling what Huckle Berry Finn sailed in one of those old Tom Sawyer Island Movies. (If you have Netflix, I suggest you check it out! It's a good movie...). The island has a treehouse, a walk-able cave, and an area where you can watch the disneyland train go by. However, do you ever wonder why they close the Island at sunset? Well there's an interesting reason and not just for the show Fantasmic.

In 1973, two brothers managed to stay overnight once the park closed. At first, it was a good idea to do so but there was one tiny detail they failed to notice: there were no rafts or even a boat to return to shore. So basically, they were stranded on a deserted island. The only way they could get off the island is by swimming over. It was a brilliant idea at first but the older brother is not so much of an avid swimmer. So he drowned and was pronounced dead. As for his little brother who managed to swim back to shore, he was prosecuted and possibly banned from the park for life. Now, story has it his ghost can be seen late in the evening where cast members have seen his ghost rippling through the water. So if you plan to swim across, it will not go swimmingly or else you'll end up like the ghostly swimmer.

Last edited: