Disney tripsss

Skillet

Hi! Sooooo me and @Rosey decided we might go to disney this coming summer sometime but we are still undecided on which to go to. World, Land, or just the cruise. We honestly don't care which one bc hey its disney. I just kinda wanna hear everyones preference. Please dont just say oh this is better because its bigger or this is better just bc it is. I wanna hear prices, what experiences, etc

Edit: We going to world on July 19th :)
Ty all for the help!

Last edited:

MisterLoony

Disney World and Disneyland are both pretty pricey... for 3-day park hopper tickets to Disneyland it's about $630 but they offer pass that allows you access into both Disneyland parks for 3 days, a day at Legoland and a day at Seaworld for $353. Disneyword is about $632 for a 4-day park hopper but you have 4 parks to visit vs. two at Disneyland. I've only every been to Disney World so I can only give my experiences there haha. I'd say go the last week of August into the beginning of September and there's usually very few crowds and you can basically walk on most rides. Also don't forget to check for certain deals because both parks usually do a free dining thing during certain periods and they may do package bundles that save on food, hotel, and ticket costs.

Going on the cruise you wont get any parks though unless your cruise has a stop at them. It depends where you live and what your budget is. I think disneyland can actually be more expensive than world? but I may be wrong about that. Personally world is my 1 and only because of how many parks&waterparks there are which are all usually included in your ticket.

MisterLoony

Going on the cruise you wont get any parks though unless your cruise has a stop at them. It depends where you live and what your budget is. I think disneyland can actually be more expensive than world? but I may be wrong about that. Personally world is my 1 and only because of how many parks&waterparks there are which are all usually included in your ticket.
Also to add onto this, check the annual passes and see if it would be cheaper to buy one of those for the time being instead of spending $600 on tickets. Some annual passes are cheaper than the park admission itself! :p

Disney World and Disneyland are both pretty pricey... for 3-day park hopper tickets to Disneyland it's about $630 but they offer pass that allows you access into both Disneyland parks for 3 days, a day at Legoland and a day at Seaworld for $353. Disneyword is about $632 for a 4-day park hopper but you have 4 parks to visit vs. two at Disneyland. I've only every been to Disney World so I can only give my experiences there haha. I'd say go the last week of August into the beginning of September and there's usually very few crowds and you can basically walk on most rides. Also don't forget to check for certain deals because both parks usually do a free dining thing during certain periods and they may do package bundles that save on food, hotel, and ticket costs.
you say $632 dollars for 4 day park hopper. Im from the uk and I can get 14 days in all parks + waterparks, parkhopper and "memory maker" for £314 which is just under $400 im going in april and this is what I bought :) maybe it might be worth paying for your tickets on a uk ticket website? as i know the official disney website differs per country.

MisterLoony

you say $632 dollars for 4 day park hopper. Im from the uk and I can get 14 days in all parks + waterparks, parkhopper and "memory maker" for £314 which is just under $400 im going in april and this is what I bought :) maybe it might be worth paying for your tickets on a uk ticket website? as i know the official disney website differs per country.
:amazed::amazed: $400 HOWWWWWWWW lol. Teach me your ways xD I feel like I have to save up a whole life savings just to go for a week lol :p I'll definitely have to look into the uk website, thanks!

I bought my tickets on attraction tickets direct. They do overseas postage for £25. Would save you a lot of money to do that. they also give free stuff with their tickets like meal vouchers, vouchers for gatorland etc.

Oh my gosh, I'm moving there now haha. I think it might be because of how several people from the uk take their vacations/holidays. I know a few of my friends say that people they knew tend to take holidays for a couple weeks at a time. Probably just Disney taking into account how expensive that would be haha!

I've only ever been to Disney World so I can only give my opinion on that. I know you said not to mention "it's bigger" but.. with it being bigger, you'll never run out of things to do and you get more "bang for your buck" with 4 parks, imo. The food is where they really get you.. goodness that can be expensive. You can also find a lot of helpful info and discounts on Mouse Savers! (:

er der der I'm just gonna tag ya'll instead of quoting :o but first: hitting multiple birds with one stone
I personally have gone to World twice (once 5 and again at 18, 6/4-8/2015) but since I have more knowledge of recent I'll talk about that xD It was nice, of course being big is an advantage because there is a lot to do and I didn't do everything within the span of 4 days. I think skillet will enjoy anything and I would either love to go back to World or get to experience Land :)
Yes it was very pricey but this was like with a family of 4 as well vs two people. With a family of 4 it was certainly over 1k or nearly 2k (I think that was with tickets and hotel, not including plane).
I had also found out there is someone (legit) selling discounted tickets, maybe saving 20 dollars, only Land, so I'm personally leaning towards that, but I know skillet doesn't care "bc hey its disney" xD.
I've also looked up prices for a week cruise, tried to find the cheapest and it ranged from 1k to 3k, mom called me crazy rofl. But umm yea after looking at that I wasn't sure anymore.

So then comes the budget. We are still currently saving up, I'm not sure if he cares about pricing (obviously nothing too crazy), we just want to afford a decent hotel, and get some few days in the park (honestly 4 days isn't enough from my experience)

The issue with annual passes is that: we don't go often (notice my 13 year span), so there's no point and we do not live in neither resident of Florida or California. We're dead smack in the middle between the two (Texas).
And done~
@MisterLoony

@xCharlottex
I'm curious about your situation? Because that sounds so amazing and would consider doing, if it works for us Americans. How would I know it's the UK site? And would they know I'm lying? Will we get in trouble?

@Angel
Yes with it being bigger there is absolutely so much to do, but I think we will be happy either park :) Thank you for the tips about discounts on Mouse Savers ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1490626252][/DOUBLEPOST]@xCharlottex I looked at the uk site, and I'm not sure how to get the prices down but some of them suggested the 14 stay and you save either 238 pounds from 1,456 pounds or 344 pounds from 1,615 pounds(if i am reading it correctly) and wow that's a lot in US dollar either way. So if I am reading it right, it be MAYBE will cost us either 1,218 pounds or 1,271 pounds, supposedly includes the hotel and tickets. I'm probably doing this all wrong so please help me god.
I'm wondering where on earth did you get your deal from LOL and well, i doubt we can afford that because its nearly 2 grand for us when converted into us dollars ;(

Last edited:
The price im paying for the tickets is £314 each per person. that is for tickets alone not hotels. this is for 14 days worth of parks&waterparks plus the other extras I mentioned. In total per person for my 14 day holiday including disney tickets hotel and flights im looking at about £1000 each.

Id say it depends how long you want to go for, if its a couple of days then just go which ever is closest to you but if you want to go for like a week then id recommend going to world and taking a look at the site i suggested. It really doesnt matter where you live where you buy your tickets, just the UK sites offer deals for 7-14 days and dont really offer the 1-2-3-4 day tickets that you find on US sites. this is as uk people tend to go on holiday for longer and not just a weekend trip. The tickets I recieved are just like any tickets that you would recieve if you bought them from any US site, they look exactly the same and dont store any information such as were you are from etc so its not like at the gate they will be asking you why you bought tickets from the UK, it doesnt matter!. Disney just capitalises by offering 4 day tickets to US people for the same or higher price than they do for us uk people buying 14 days because they know people from the US take shorter disney trips so charge them the same!. there is also no way anyone from the uk could afford 14 days worth of tickets at the price they ask on the US websites.

This is the deal I got for my tickets
[DOUBLEPOST=1490628496][/DOUBLEPOST]Just been having a look around on a couple of websites. for a 7 day trip in june youre looking at around $1726 dollars for the both of you with hotel+flight+tickets. the same holiday in the middle of august is $1686 and at the end of august-start of september its $1634. this is NOT staying on disney property though. youre looking at an extra 500-600$ to stay in one of the value disney hotels. of course you have to spend a couple of days searching websites and dates, you can find that if you swap your dates around you can save hundreds even if its just a day, so you have to search and find the cheapest ones within your date range.

Last edited:
I see I see. Honestly I did not see what is in your picture, it was completely different to me. Even if I were just to try to get the tickets a lone, the page never loads.
I avoided the flight because I am not from the UK, so that would be separate.

I tried to look for the prices just for the tickets and hotel, on the disney "uk" site, and it just never loads. @xCharlottex

The website I got those tickets from isnt a Disney website. The prices I gave you in the above post are including flights from Texas, and i used expedia to get those prices. I wouldnt ever purchase a holiday direct on the disney website because you can get them a whole lot cheaper elsewhere. Id get a bundle (flight+hotel) together look on a comparison flight such as expedia or use delta/american airlines etc(whoever youd fly with) and try and get a flight+hotel bundle with them. Then id use the ticket website I suggested for your tickets. not sure whether im allowed to post links. but if you message me I can give you the link. If it doesnt work its probably because youre in the US and it may be directing you to a US website.

We's going to didney worl~ @Skillet
I'm sure you know these tips already but:

Set up a Disney account if you haven't already and download the MyDisneyExperience app, from the app you can check wait times, change fastpass times, have a map etc.

Magic bands are love, magic bands are life. I thought magic bands were the most overhyped thing ever but after using one once I got an annual pass, it's the best thing ever. There's a bit of setup for all the functionalities of the band but once it's all set up, it's extremely convenient.

If you are staying at a Disney hotel you'll get a magic band as your hotel key and you can attach your ticket to the park, a credit card if you want as well (you will have to set up a PIN for it as a security measure), and a photopass (more on this later). If you do stay at a Disney hotel, be sure to customize the magic band online because if you do not you automatically get a grey one (if you wanted grey I guess it's not that big a deal).

If you don't stay at a Disney hotel and you still want to use a magic band (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO), you can buy a cheap Magic Band 1 since the Magic Band 2's are rolling out, and attach it to your ticket and it'll have the same functionalities as the last tip minus the room key function. You can get a cheap magic band for ~$10 or less at any of the Disney outlets.

Once you guys finalize the dates you're going be sure to make your fast passes ASAP (especially for the newer rides like Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Frozen, Pandora). If you're staying at a Disney hotel you can make the passes 60 days in advance, if you're not at a Disney hotel you can make the reservations 30 days in advance. You can also make fast passes the day of through the MyDisneyExperience app and the fast passes are dynamic so if a particular time/ride is full, if someone drops their pass you can get that fastpass or swap your times etc.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND: You guys should split the cost of the photopass (Memory Maker $149) and have one account attached to it. You will be able to download all the pictures from rides, any photostop etc. It lasts for 30 days (so you have plenty of time), you must download the pictures within 45 days when it was taken. When Angie and I last went to Disney we stopped at every single photo opportunity and they just scan your magic band (or ticket) and the photos get uploaded to the MyDisneyExperience app within an hour and then you can save them. We went to Hollywood Studios which is one of the smaller parks and we had close to 50 pictures, the bigger parks there are tons more photostops and rides to get pictures on. So I'd imagine since you'd be there for 7 days you can have well over 100 pictures without trying, so your money will be well spent if you get the Memory Maker and use it.

If you or anyone you know has a costco/sam's club/BJ's membership, the Disney giftcards there are normally like $5-10 off of the whole price and you can use it at the parks so should buy some giftcards to use at the parks.

I'll add stuff as I think about it, but if you have any questions let me know. I live here in Orlando so I can give you tips/recommendations about the city, other parks and surrounding area as well. Have fun :)

P.S. I'm not sure how much you guys are getting the tickets for but depending on how many days you wants to go, the chances of a return trip within a year, and costs of memory maker and other costs, getting an annual pass may be cheaper.

I'm not sure how many days you're going but here are the prices for these:

The regular price of 4-day park hopper $425 + $149/2 (since only one of you needs it) memory maker.
6-day park hopper is $465 + $149/2 memory maker.

If you are a FL resident, you can get a gold annual pass which is $114 deposit + $40.12 a month/12 or $595 .

If you are not a FL resident, you can get a platinum pass (that's open to everyone), which is $779.

Both annual passes include memory maker, a magic band, 10-20% discounts, and free parking. And if for some reason you guys want to come back within a year, you don't have to buy tickets again. Angie and I were doing calculations and if you go 5 times or more within a year of activation (not when you buy it, the first day you go to the park) it's already worth it and that's not including memory maker, discounts etc. And if you have extra time when you get to FL or have extra time during one of your days and want to go to the park for a few hours. You could always go, if you had a park hopper, it's limited to those days.

Or even one of you can get a platinum pass and it may be worth it just because of the discounts + memory maker.

There's a lot of different combinations you can do but I have a feeling atleast one annual pass or both of you getting annual passes could be worth it and a better bang for your buck. Of course all this info is contingent on whatever deals you can get and the likelihood of coming again within a year. Bottom line, if you have a chance of coming back within a year or going 6+ times during your trip, definitely worth the annual pass. If not, it still may be worth it.

Last edited:
@arvinarvin lol no worries, everyone is trying to help us :)
Let me answer your things in a simple manner
1. I have a Disney account, have my dates and tickets in my cart and be our guest reservation booked. We just waiting on some money and a flight for now then we're set
2. We are indeed getting magic bands as we are staying in a Disney resort
3. We will not be getting memory maker. Was originally gonna get memory maker with the UK tickets but decided to go full Disney US site
4. We are going for 7 days, I would like a hopper but we can manage without it
5. We are not FL resident and we do not go often (this is my third time going since 2015 after my 13 year span) so not interested in passes nor do we have the money ;(

Thank you though <3