Which park is better?

• DisneyLand

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Disney World

Votes: 33 62.3%

• Total voters

philitup

The Internet Champion!
So, I'm at the airport about to come back home from yet another Disney trip... This is my 14th trip to WDW, but I've only been to DL once. DisneyLand was very nice, I liked it a lot, but WDW wins by default just because of how big it is TBH. The only reason I've ever heard from anyone that thought DL was better is "It's the first park" what? That's like saying the first iPhone is better than the sixth. So to any and all of you that think DL is better, please try to come up with a better reason than that.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I like Disneyland Resort just because it's easier to do both parks in one day due to their smaller size. California Adventure has been made a success since the renovations, so it's nice to see. I also grew up going to Disneyland frequently so I have many pleasant memories. Cars Land and California Screamin are also pretty nice.

Megara

no sleep club
I love Disney World just because there's an endless amount of things to do. So much, that you definitely need more than a day to experience everything. I also go to WDW frequently, so that might just be another added factor. :um:

Bindingkey

I've grown up with Walt Disney World, so by default it wins. Further thinking about this, the idea that "it's bigger" isn't the best stance because it really doesn't do what does have to offer with its space justice. Yes it's bigger, and therefore makes room for much more activity, but WDW was really the first park Walt contributed to in detail.

DLR was the first park, but Walt always said it wasn't what he intended. WDW - Magic Kingdom and Epcot - that's what he wanted. Not Disneyland. Given this, so much more detail and effort went into the plans for Magic Kingdom and Epcot and so much more came out of it. Across the resort, there are tons of things that honor Walt's desires for it, so much attention to detail and so many options that you just have to plan to stay at least a weekend, or a week, to do.

Disneyland is cute, it's fun, but it's not really a stay overnight resort. That's never what I got from it when I went. But with WDW, I really feel like I could stay one night and have a completely different experience the next day. They pay really close attention to the themes all across the resort. Disneyland doesn't really try to emphasize themes, you're just there to have fun for the day.[DOUBLEPOST=1416601415][/DOUBLEPOST]also, I did this cool backstage tour of Magic Kingdom and the tour guide emphasized that the name of the resort is Walt Disney World, not "Disney World". Walt's brother Roy made sure to put Walt's name on it to emphasize that it was his brother's park, not the company's. Walt died a little ways into the construction for Magic Kingdom and it just felt really special to Roy for it to have his name. so like, please don't call it "Disney World", it kind of disrespects what it's supposed to symbolize.

It depends on who you talk to. Disneyland is a fun place and i enjoy going but i also enjoy WDW though i have to say i prefer DLR simply for a few reasons: Pooh ride is better (i like pooh), Space Mountain is cooler (especially during halloween), i love California Adventure more then say MGM or AK and finally i can breath/move in california. Florida humidity is just horrible. I just personally enjoy the parks more when i can breath completely and can move without feeling like i'm underwater (humidity stinks XP)

I have never been to Disney World so I can't "accurately" decide. But I have heard the same thing that people didn't like Disney World because it was too big. I just find Disneyland to be perfect and homey :) there are still a lot of things to do if you look hard enough and it never gets old! Plus you can meet Captain America and Thor so it's a hook for me!

AlphaTheEdge

Disney world. Not only do you have four parks that give you an entirely different experience, but at least a dozen different hotels too. Two water parks both very different, and downtown Disney aka a huge shopping area. I like WDW because it is so big. There is so much to do AND ITS ALL DISNEY. Disneyland is nice and quaint and stuff but nah. WDW all day

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Disney world. Not only do you have four parks that give you an entirely different experience, but at least a dozen different hotels too. Two water parks both very different, and downtown Disney aka a huge shopping area. I like WDW because it is so big. There is so much to do AND ITS ALL DISNEY. Disneyland is nice and quaint and stuff but nah. WDW all day
Is there a way to like a post more than once? Because I would like this one at least four times. XD

For me I like Disneyland better. I've only been to WDW once and I had a great time but didn't have that amazing magical experience so it could be tainted by that (I'm going to be on the Disney College Program though so I'll have six months there to make up for it). But to me Disneyland is cleaner, the cast memebers seem nicer, it just has an extra magical feel I didn't get at WDW, the parks have better upkeep than WDW, and my favorite rides are better there. Like Space Mountain is sooo much better at Disneyland and the pirates at WDW doesn't even come close to Disneyland's. Plus Disneyland has Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (always laugh at the ending as it abruptly ends with dying and going to the opposite of heaven) and it has Snow White's ride. Small World is also better at Disneyaland because of the location and there's disney characters in it! The Haunted Mansion is cool when it's done over for the the Nightmare Before Christmas. I also like how easy it is to get from the two parks. I didn't like having to drive or take the monorail or boat to the different parks in WDW. There's different positives and negatives to both and both are pretty incredible! I just like Disneyland slightly more.

Last edited:
Disneyland.

it has more of an intimate, nostalgic feel compared to Walt Disney World.
it has more rides in the two parks than all of WDW.
every disneyland version of a wdw attraction is way better.
i love wdw i have been literally hundreds of times without any exaggeration in that compared to the five or so times i have been to disneyland but i just feel like the quality of disneyland is infinitely better than wdw. WDW has extremely horrible maintenance and its horrible with how many tourists we get.
It might just be because i'm a local but it just makes me sad at the current state of wdw. They care more about quantity over quality it seems but obviously they are doing something right but i think the thing is the majority of people who go don't know how things are supposed to be because they don't go as frequently as i do but it just disappoints me to see a company like disney not live up to its standards but its also sad to see people constantly treat the parks with so much disrespect. I haven't had a displeasurable experience at disneyland, everything was clean, everyone was friendly, all the attractions were in top condition.

VampireBoy

Disney World and Disneyland Resort have a lot of the same attractions but the thing is some of these rides and attractions are actually very different and have certain differences that make them unique from each other. This doesn't stop with the attractions though because both the parks are unique in their own way and some people prefer Disney World over Disneyland and others prefer Disneyland over Disney World. So just cast your votes and explain why you think each of these rides and attractions are actually better than each other and also feel free to tell which castle you actually think is better as well whether it be Sleeping Beauty Castle or Cinderella Castle.
Vs.

Last edited:
Disneyland's It's a Small World is 100% better than WDW's, no contest. Soarin' at both parks is a carbon-copy, so they're exactly the same. Everything else I could pretty much go either way.

I prefer WDW's Splash Mountain for how spacious it is (2 riders per row, as opposed to 1) and DLR's Space Mountain for the same reason.

...Also, the beginning of WDW's Space Mountain creeps me out. o.e

Last edited:
DLR Space Mountain is awesome. I know it was down for two whole years when they gutted the building and built a whole new version of the roller coaster inside, but it was so worth the wait. WDW Space Mountain is very rough and even after the "make over"/"rehab", it is still very rough, you cannot see anything anymore and it is hard to ride still.

I like both DLR and WDW Thunder Mountain equally, but for different reasons. I like WDW for how tall and big Thunder Mountain is, but I like DLR with the old western town scene and how the queue actual moves around in the middle of the ride.

DLR Pirates has a bunch more scenes and two drops compared to the one drop at WDW. I also like how DLR starts off going through the Blue Bayou restaurant.

Soaring is the exact same between both, but I listed WDW Soaring only because they are now in the process of adding a third theater.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
The nice thing about DLR space mountain is it is more wheelchair friendly. The space cart can move over to the handicapped area and you have plenty of time to load and unload :)

While overall I like WDW Haunted Mansion, at Halloween, the DLR Haunted Mansion makeover to Nightmare Before Christmas is amazing. I wish WDW would do something like that.