Disney's Pandora @ Walt Disney World [Possible Spoilers Ahead]

VMK_Rapunzel

Hi guys! There's a lot of hype surrounding the new opening of Disney's Pandora: The World of Avatar at Walt Disney Resort in Orlando, Florida.
There's some videos circulating today of the ride queues for Flight of Passage and the Na'vi River Journey (with some small clippets of the Mo'ara Valley).
If you've seen the videos and pictures, I want to hear what you think! And even if you haven't seen them, I still want to hear from you about Walt Disney World's newest addition!

What are you most excited to see? Are you visiting Walt Disney World soon and going to see it? I wanna hear from you! What are your thoughts on this new world?

I'm insanely excited for this. From what I saw in the videos, it looks out of this world! (Was that a bad pun?) I can't wait to ride the rides someday, but I really can't wait to se ethe queues for those rides. They're incredible!

WILL NOT CONTAIN DETAILED SPOILERS

I was literally just watching videos LOL. I am not a huge fan of Avatar and for my trip I was refusing to even go see Pandora and was blessed that THAT will be more packed and busy than the other parks/attractions; also meeting a friend there who really wanted to see Pandora so unsure if we are gonna go or not.. However, "don't knock it till you try it" right? So I came across some videos and the first one I saw was Flight of Passage and the queue line is so detailed and amazing, however super long and idk if I am willing to stand there for a long time, despite having a fast pass (and if I were to go, my friend has a special thing to not wait in line so we can go at a certain time, details details). I thought, since I don't like avatar, "ah this is just gonna be so hype, I don't think the ride will be all that great -yawn-", NAH I WAS WRONG. Flight of Passage had a really cool thing into the attraction and im just like :o I wanna be there. Then the attraction explaining what they're gonna do was even better! Made me want to ride it so badly...

So with that being said, I thought the Na'vi River Journey would be just as cool. I mean it is but I'm not... it didn't quite sell it to me. It looks amazing but it didn't reel me in as flight of passage did. Na'vi River Journey reminded me of POTC, ummm Splash Mountain, It's A Small World, PPR and etc. That's just my personal taste and hey someone else could love love it.

Am I gonna go see Pandora? Yes, depending if it will be crowded (of course it will, I'm going in the summer and I'm crazy for picking those dates).
Am I that hype about it? No, not really but it's Disney and my friend wants to see it and I'll let her see it :rose:

I'm not as hyped for it as I was a few years ago simply because the wait has been so long (in development since 2011 I believe?), it's been so long that it became a recurring joke at the Bill & Ted show at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios lol. The Flight of Passage ride looks interesting so I'm pretty excited for that but the Na'Vi River Journey like Rosey said looks like all the other boat rides in Disney like POTC, Frozen, It's A Small Worlds etc. but I am looking forward to seeing the animatronics and scenery for that ride. And the queues for the ride and the whole land of Pandora should be a great immersive experience as Disney always does, I'm really looking forward to walking around and having the Pandora themed food.

Am I gonna go to Pandora anytime soon? Maybe once for my birthday or Angie and I's anniversary in June, but for the most part I'll be avoiding Animal Kingdom like the plague once it opens to avoid the crowds and long lines lol. I'm sneaking in a couple trips to AK in the next couple weeks before Pandora opens to the general public (I love my Lion King show and Expedition Everest). Once the summer months and peak season are over I'll probably visit Animal Kingdom a lot more, yay annual passes!