Do you enjoy your occupation?

Do you enjoy your occupation?

• Total voters
Currently a staff accountant. I enjoy what I do, but not necessarily the place I work at. Hopefully, I'll find the right place someday. I want to do something related to advocating for anxiety awareness, animation, or music as well. I still aspire to become a CPA and do something good with the license.

Anyway, do you enjoy your occupation, somewhat tolerate it, or hate it? Also, what's your stance on switching jobs? Should be okay if it's for the better.

Let us know :)

i absolutely looove your interest in music, animation and especially advocating for anxiety awareness. :cloud9:
i always work with pups, which really helps my anxiety so issa win/win for me // i absolutely love my job :hearts::paw::grizzly::swoon:

no one should work in an environment they don't feel comfortable enough to grow in // it's a very important factor, being happy where you work, and i feel a lot of people don't get that yet :music:

Stand_Out

Official Disnerd
I currently teach first grade. I am in a similar boat where I love what I do, but the people I work with can make life miserable... I am looking to apply to other schools, but I love my kids (most days). It is a very challenging but extremely rewarding occupation. As a teacher, it really is what you make it to be.

I think switching jobs is totally okay if it is for you. Your job should be something you enjoy since you spend so much of your time there. It can just be costly if you have to go back to school lol.

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
I have been at my job 3 months now as an Admin Assistant for the Camarillo Hospitality and Tourism association and so far so its going good! I’m graduating college In May and I’m looking for an internship for tourism

I've had a few jobs over the years, and I really enjoyed my most recent job position. I worked in an after-school program with elementary school kids and I worked at a summer camp for the same school district. It wasn't a bad job... I got along with almost all of the kids and it was a fairly easy job, but the people I worked with were not pleasant at all. However, I recently got laid off because I moved out of my home city to go to another university instead of staying behind to work at my minimum wage job - oh well. I'm planning on graduating in August, and I'm currently looking for some internships and full-time positions in various fields. :)

i absolutely looove your interest in music, animation and especially advocating for anxiety awareness. :cloud9:
i always work with pups, which really helps my anxiety so issa win/win for me // i absolutely love my job :hearts::paw::grizzly::swoon:

no one should work in an environment they don't feel comfortable enough to grow in // it's a very important factor, being happy where you work, and i feel a lot of people don't get that yet :music:
@BlueDreamz Thank you! When I have more downtime after tax season, I'll be putting into action ideas I'm thinking to help give back to the community in a creative way. Oh it must be amazing to work with puppies, awe! :) I agree with your last statement wholeheartedly. When I have or am a partner of my own practice, I'll ensure to treat all my subordinates fairly with respect.

I currently teach first grade. I am in a similar boat where I love what I do, but the people I work with can make life miserable... I am looking to apply to other schools, but I love my kids (most days). It is a very challenging but extremely rewarding occupation. As a teacher, it really is what you make it to be.

I think switching jobs is totally okay if it is for you. Your job should be something you enjoy since you spend so much of your time there. It can just be costly if you have to go back to school lol.
My best friend's a teacher and says the same exact thing. I guess if there's anything I realized, there's always good and bad anywhere you work. Hopefully, the good outweighs the bad or it's mostly tolerable. Yes, graduate school is very expensive!

I have been at my job 3 months now as an Admin Assistant for the Camarillo Hospitality and Tourism association and so far so its going good! I’m graduating college In May and I’m looking for an internship for tourism
That's very fun. I wish I was more the outgoing type to do hospitality and tourism. I started out as an administrative assistant awhile back for a construction company and it's a great way to move forward in your career. Internships are too!

I've had a few jobs over the years, and I really enjoyed my most recent job position. I worked in an after-school program with elementary school kids and I worked at a summer camp for the same school district. It wasn't a bad job... I got along with almost all of the kids and it was a fairly easy job, but the people I worked with were not pleasant at all. However, I recently got laid off because I moved out of my home city to go to another university instead of staying behind to work at my minimum wage job - oh well. I'm planning on graduating in August, and I'm currently looking for some internships and full-time positions in various fields. :)
Kids are great. Coworkers can be unpleasant especially with differing personalities lol. It is what it is. No worries Jess, I'm sure you'll find the position you like more to work longer and get paid more. As far as job-seeking goes, I advise anyone to cast your net wide. The interview is not only for the employer, but also for you to see if the job is indeed what you want and the company provides benefits you need or can possibly demand in the future whether it is practical work experience, healthcare, etc. If you really want to impress, do your research on the interviewer and company beforehand to have a few valued company goals and values to incorporate in your concise, company-tailored yet personalized answers during the interview. Correspond professionally with every employee of the organization before and after the interview. Definitely follow up with a personalized yet concise thank you email to the interviewers especially with a distinguishable key point you and them enjoyed talking about during the interview.

SnoBun

Snob/Official Rilla Grandma
Hello!
I love my job. I have known exactly what I wanted to do since I was in middle school (I feel very lucky that I knew this passion and direction at a young age as it helped me finish my master's degree by the age of 24). I now teach high school English!

As echoed above by a fellow educator, the job can be very demanding but very rewarding. I absolutely love my lil angsty teens and teaching them about being empathetic humans through reading--because books let us live lives we otherwise may not get the chance to live! I always tell them "I'm teaching you how to 'human' a bit better."

I will say that I do miss the days of have a job I could "clock-out" from. My work follows me home...whether it's the grading, the parent emails, or just the constant worrying about kids that I know are going home to rough lives. I feel I am on duty 24/7 but it's worth it 100%.

SIDENOTE: I love this thread and reading about all of your jobs, passions, and lives :)

Once_Upon_A_Time

♥Disneyland Addict♥
Forgot to add that my major is Hospitality Recreation tourism management and I decided on that career path as a junior in high school! My first job was hotel front desk for two years (which is where I met my boyfriend❤️) then moved into the private aviation industry at the airport and made reservations for private jets for a year! I seriously love the industry and hope to be a corporate travel agent one day!

Last edited:
I voted 'somewhat' because I don't love my job. I like it. My current position at a General Motors factory is definitely not my choice of career. It is, however, the highest paying job with benefits that is in my area. It's a stepping stone for now and I have to tell myself that every day. I'll be starting college next fall. I know I have a lot of work to do in order to get where I would like to be in life.

I don't really care for my current job, but I don't mind bragging about my last one.

Obviously, I wasn't rolling in the dough, otherwise I would still be working there. But when I was 17 and I had just graduated high school, I got a job at the local comic shop and worked there for two years while I attended junior college. Nothing could beat working in a place with rare comics and collectibles and getting to talk with customers about "Who was better? Deathstroke or Deadpool?" and getting paid for it. I got to learn how to raw grade comics that came in (forced to study the Comic Price Guide over and over) and it really gave me a passion that I didn't have before for taking care of things. It's a meticulous process that requires gloves, a good lamp, a magnifying glass, and hours of your time. It got me incredibly interested in learning about comic book restoration. (Obviously won't be able to approach that as a career because it is a very closed off industry, but it's still really cool.)

Then we re-introduced game nights and I got paid to learn how to play Yu-Gi-Oh (I'm more of a Magic: the Gathering girl myself) with the lame regulars, so that was pretty cool, too. Getting paid to play games was sick! If I would have stuck around, I would have gotten practice in as a DM and could have led D&D nights. That would have probably made my heart explode. But life called, man. Also, moving away for uni.

So right now I just have a part-time job at my school and I absolutely love it. I never wanted to get a job during college because I wanted all the time I could have, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity! I currently work at a winery as a tasting room employee! (no I dont get to taste the wines because I'm only 19) but I get to serve the wines to everyone! I love it because well, I love wine, and I love talking to alcoholics about wine. My bosses are this super chill retired couple that are just living their best life (i swear they are hippies). What's cool about this winery too is that the vineyard is right on site, so I'm hoping next year when I have my apartment and I can stay at school year-round that I will be working in the vineyards and learning more about the wine making process!
This summer while I'm not at school and back at home, I'm hoping to find a job in a nursery or some type of greenhouses. Which that is something I want to do for the rest of my life (its what I'm studying at school) and I know I'm going to love it.

I'm not quite working at the moment, but I'm currently training to get certified in reiki healing! It was kind of a journey trying to find out what I wanted to pursue in my adult life, I have a lot of interests and hobbies mostly relating to music and really anything creative but I've always had a strong desire to help others and I'm very passionate about natural/alternative medicine and spiritual healing. I have loved my training so far and I'm really excited to begin working with future clients! Props to you for wanting to advocate for anxiety, I have struggled with it immensely in my life and it definitely needs to be talked about! I also eventually hope to advocate and spread awareness about BPD, mental health is still so extremely stigmatized and we need more people in the world willing to talk about it and fight for those struggling.