dropping out of college mid semester?

emily1313

Helloooo ! Okay so i attended one university for 2 years then decided to transfer to a different school this semester and i HATE it. I have developed SEVERE anxiety from this school and i really just cant go anymore, its making me worse.

I want to transfer back to my old university next semester and i want to drop out of this school now. Obviously i really need to talk to the people in school but i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this. Will i get my money back? If i drop out, do you think my old university would take me back next semester? I really didn't want it to come to this, but i really can't get myself to go and i'm not sure what to do.

@emily1313 i withdrew from my university during last semester. i wasnt refunded but that's because it was near the end of the semester; depending on your university's policy, you might be able to get a partial refund, so you should look that up. definitely talk to the people at your school! i had a lot of paperwork and running back and forth between people to do when i was trying to get my withdrawal through, so i'd recommend getting that started as soon as you can. i'm not sure about your old university because idk anything about transferring, but it sounds like you should contact someone from there.

sorry your school is making you so anxious ): good luck with everything!

Elle

If you receive financial aid, but have passed the withdrawn date you will not get that money back. However, if Puff is right, you should definitely look into that and see what can be done. Best thing you could do is ask your adviser.

Lowding

most schools have a financial aid office! just google "[institution name] financial aid office". sometimes its paired with the 'awards' office. i had to visit mine recently and they were super helpful in regards to how doing something like that will effect you.