HOST and Forums Mermod
Heigh-Ho! Heigh-Ho! It’s off to build we go!
In honor of both the month of love and our theme of Be Mine… Let’s welcome our newest competition! Freshly mined out of the MyVMK caves comes our first duos challenge. Now, what does this entail? Well, read below to find out. Be ready to have your pickaxes and shovels ready to dig into these details!
1. Each team must be a duo. No more and no less than TWO guests.
2. There is a minimum of FOUR rooms per duo. A maximum of EIGHT is allowed.
3. The rooms must be made using Everest/Yeti ride pieces and teleporters. You may use slow or fast dark ride starts to change your ride's speed.
4. You may create a duo name for your team. Make sure it is appropriate. Ex: Dynamic Duo, Fintastic Duo, Disney Duo, etc…
5. Decide who will be your team leader. Their room will be the first on the journey.
6. Your first room will be (Team Name) Duo - Start (owned by the team leader). Each room after the start must be named (Team Name) Duo 2, (Team Name) Duo 3, (Team Name) Duo 4, and so on.
7. BOTH team members must contribute to the competition. ONE team member cannot build everything. This is a teamwork event. Anyone found to be building alone or for others will be disqualified.
8. Make sure all rooms are connected. Once judging starts, if your rooms are not connected, they will not count.
9. Be aware, you may only be a part of ONE duo.
10. Please make rides long enough to enjoy the room. While there is no set minimum time overall or per room, make sure each room is a decent length and continuous (no breaks/stops).
11. Feel free to be creative. While our primary theme is mining and the tracks are Everest related, this does not limit you to either. Have fun trying to get creative with it!
12. All ride rooms must show a MINIMUM EFFORT. Any rooms found to show no effort or attempt will be disqualified.
13. All rooms must be completed by the dates listed in the next set of guidelines.
The guidelines for registering are as follows:
1. Sign-ups begin on Monday, February 14th, 2022 at 12:00 AM EST.
2. Registration will close on Monday, February 28th, 2022 at 11:59 EST.
3. All rooms must be completed by Monday, March 14th, 2022 at 11:59 EST.
4. Once signed up, you may change any info (whether it be teammate, team leader, or duo name) until Monday, February 28th, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. After that, all duos are final and may not be changed.
5. Only your team leader should register.
6. Please list both your name and your partner's name on the signup form.
7. Submit a name for your duo, that you both agree on.
8. Provide us with the email associated with your in-game account. This will help us verify you registered for this competition and help deter any potential false submissions.
9. About the above: This information will remain private and not be shared with anyone.
All rides will be judged on four categories:
Best Theme, Most Creative, Players Choice, and Best Overall
For each category, there will be ONE Grand Prize team and FOUR Runner Up teams. The staff judges will decide what category your room falls under. The final category will be based on a player vote, where all rides will be shown via a YouTube link. Players will vote for their Top Five rooms. This category will be determined during staff voting and will help determine our winners.
Judging will begin on Monday, March 14th, 2022 at 12:00 AM. Your rooms must be completed before then. Judging time may vary. We will be giving you more information regarding this as the time comes.
A staff member will place a flag in your room once it has been judged. Please do not empty or clear any rooms until judging has been completed. Feel free to leave your rooms open for the public to see!
Please make a note: Neglecting to follow any of the rules stated above may put your duo at risk of disqualification. No clones or multiple accounts are permitted to be used during this competition.
We cannot wait to see all your creations! Let’s see who shines like diamonds or who will be our diamond in the rough! All prizes will be announced at the end of the judging. Happy mining!
If you have any questions regarding the competition, please feel free to ask below or message @VMK_HeiHei , @HOST_Sprite , or @HOST_Ariel via forums dm or discord.