El Capitan? Mac help

Amy

Head Administrator
Thanks for answering for me?

It's not something we can fix because it's not something we can control. Adobe won't do it obviously, and OSX is just moving forward and removing old things causing older things to stop working. Another version of MyVMK Experience might be possible, but I don't know (that worked using something called WINE). The new client will work on any operating system with a decently modern web browser though, but we can't release that until it's done obviously. For now, you might want to consider using a virtual machine, which will always work.

Fantasyliger

I finally broke down and disabled rootless to play. You can look it up, it's a security feature built into El Capitan that is the reason MyVMK Experience no longer works. It's relatively easy to disable, not super recommended.. but in my eyes it was never there before and I've had no problems. *cross fingers*

but.... it would be nice if some kind of update could be made to MyVMKE so people don't have to do this :) because it's obviously not ideal.

PudgeTheFish

Thanks for answering for me?

It's not something we can fix because it's not something we can control. Adobe won't do it obviously, and OSX is just moving forward and removing old things causing older things to stop working. Another version of MyVMK Experience might be possible, but I don't know (that worked using something called WINE). The new client will work on any operating system with a decently modern web browser though, but we can't release that until it's done obviously. For now, you might want to consider using a virtual machine, which will always work.
Oh. Lol. Nah I was just messing W/ Myth, I had no idea..

KrazyPete

The new client will work on any operating system with a decently modern web browser though, but we can't release that until it's done obviously.
Is there any place to get updates on the status of the new version? I wouldn't mind getting on as a tester.

KrazyPete

They don't want random people testing.
I'm not going to post my CV in a game forum but I have a 20 year career in graphic design and I've assisted with usability testing on the web and everything from Palm Pilots to iPhones. So if I can be of assistance maybe @Amy will let me know.

The first question still stands. Is there any place to get updates on the status of the new version?