Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 46+

Votes: 35 20.2%
  • 5 years younger than Ranch's age

Votes: 24 13.9%

• Total voters

Ranch

Back in VMK days, we didn't really know how old everyone was, nor what they looked like. I remember when someone would ask me in VMK how old I was, I would reply with, "That information is not needed to enjoy VMK woot". But more times than not, even back then, I was called "ancient" by the younger players.

Now we are graced with MyVMK, with enormous capabilities to share such info as mentioned above. When my haters here pop out of their holes, they often go after my age with comments like, "Aren't you 40 something?", or simply, "You are too old to be here". Which got me thinking, maybe these kids are right?

So I ask you, at what age should a MyVMK player be excused from the kingdom for being too old? Keep in mind, you will get old too. :clap:

(anonymous poll, one vote!)

Part 2 (RELOADED) with a longer time scale poll can be found here:
http://forums.myvmk.com/showthread.php?12570-Expiration-Date-Of-A-User-(RELOADED)

Fiyero

Honestly, I don't think age should matter. As long as you're having fun and not doing things you shouldn't be, keep on rocking Ranch

who cares how old someone is if they enjoy the game and don't "creep" on younger players?
Creep in the sense of asking for nude pictures/to meet up, etc.

Power to you for wanting to be a part of this community!

S

Solar

Agreed with Fiyero... age shouldn't matter. I think we all know that you're a kid at heart, anyways.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I think any age is fine :') It's when some of the older members start acting inappropriately towards other much younger members. That's when they need hit the bricks.

Dude. You're 36???
That's not old at all.

I have a very good work friend that's 33. Is me hanging out with her weird?
She's 13 years older than me, and I actually spend time with her outside of work.

I'd rather have people who are older than me playing, than younger, mainly because you won't be a buttmunch for no reason.
Less drama probably revolves around you, and in my book, that's wonderful.
Forget the haters.

Ranch

I agree Myth.

36? That's not old at all, man. The way I see it, my dad is 53. As long as you're not his age, I'm not creeped out by your presence.
Thanks Solar. People irl get mad at me for not being more enthusiastic about their birthdays lol.. I just don't see the point in celebrating getting older/one year closer to being back in diapers.

I'm the type I can go to Disney World completely alone, ears and all, and have an absolute blast.. like a kid set free in the park.

because you won't be a buttmunch for no reason.
I'm kinda notorious for being such things LOL.. sorry in advance to all. Truly.

I'm 35 so of course nobody is too old for VMK! Much like with the demographics of Toontown back when it was running, we have people of all ages playing, I'm sure :D

S

Solar

I agree Myth.

Thanks Solar. People irl get mad at me for not being more enthusiastic about their birthdays lol.. I just don't see the point in celebrating getting older/one year closer to being back in diapers.

I'm the type I can go to Disney World completely alone, ears and all, and have an absolute blast.. like a kid set free in the park.
Hahahaha, that's awesome! I look forward to the day that I can travel alone whenever I wish to. I'm only 20, but I'm the same way with birthdays. Mine was last December and everyone was trying to set up some sort of party for me and the whole time I was just asking them to stop and let me spend the day alone LOL.

I have news for you. There are a lot of people as old as your dad and older playing this game. lol

36? That's not old at all, man. The way I see it, my dad is 53. As long as you're not his age, I'm not creeped out by your presence.

as limiting as the original game was with all of its restrictions, i think in a lot of ways it made it easier to just socialize without worrying about any kind of predetermined gaps like age or location.

in my opinion age itself is never the issue but rather the maturity of the individual. i mean there are even some adolescents/adults who appear to take the game too seriously sometimes, lol. if someone is clearly enjoying the game, then let that be the end of it and just enjoy it with them, don't worry about unnecessary details unless you have some reason to be concerned.

on another note, when i read the title i was expecting something entirely different lololol

I was looking at the options for this poll and burst out laughing hysterically at the last one, then I voted for the second to last one, because I don't think you can ever be too old for VMK or Disney.

S

Solar

I have news for you. There are a lot of people as old as your dad and older playing this game. lol
Oh, I'm sure... and I have nothing against that. I just wouldn't feel as comfortable talking to them. Believe me, I'm a mature adult and I'm not going to be immature about the older generation playing games.

Ranch I am kinda surprised to see this!!! there is no age limit! nor should there be. i think a lot of these players would be dumbfounded at the high number of people over 30 playing the game.

i know for a fact that the age range goes up into the 80s!! anyone who complains of "older" people playing or using peoples age against them is just showing that they are not mature enough not to.

AND i believe that is one of the reasons that a lot of the younger crowd doesn't realize how large the older crowd is, because a lot of the older crowd just doesn't want to deal with such attitudes and stays away from them.

now if you are thinking of throwing me to the wolves, i have met a lot of wonderful people on the game of all ages. :)

(not liking the passive aggressive comments tho...)

oh... and when did creeping become an "old persons" game??????

Megara

no sleep club
I don't even think 46+ is too old. I know for a fact there are even older players on here, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Disney is enjoyable for all ages. There shouldn't be an age limit.

Edit: Just thought I'd add that there are a multitude of older people on this game. In the original VMK, many kids had their parents playing with them, and all those adults (even without children) gravitated towards eachother and there was a huge group of "older" players who went on and enjoyed the game, even when their kids weren't on. When I was younger, my mom played VMK with me. And guess what? She still plays. In original VMK, we met so many other VMK friends and families through Disney meetups thanks to my mom playing with me, and enjoying the game as much as I did. We were even able to go to Disney multiple times to get cards and items for the game, since she was as big of a player as I was. Why should she stop playing now?