Favorite Book(s)/Series!

Cat

PLEASE READ THE GIVER BY LOIS LOWRY, You will not regret it. Also read the other books in the series, gathering blue and the messenger. The endings will all make sense when you finish the last one. You can read them as stand alones, but I really reccomend you go for all three.

Other books I recommend that you might be interested in:
The Maze Runner (and the 2 other books in the trilogy)
Ender's Game (and all the other books if you get hooked)
Ready Player 1
Across The Universe
Glow
A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Demon King
The Forsaken

That's all I can think of atm!

I'm currently reading The Night Circus, but an having trouble getting into it.

P.S. I love Totoro <3

-edit-
Oops, I didn't realize you had already read The Giver... did you read the other books?

you know he wrote a 4th book to the giver? it's called son.

I think the last book I actually read was divergent
Omg.. I had no clue.
I read them in middle school, so it's been awhile
I'm going to go out and buy it asap. Haha

Jasmine

Right now, I'm re-reading the Kingdom Keepers series but after that I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars.

Have you ever read A Wrinkle in Time? It's a great book, and so is the movie. There's also 4 other books that go along with it, but I haven't read them yet. (I loved The Giver, by the way!)

I was reading Wintergirls currently.
Good book.

PLEASE READ THE GIVER BY LOIS LOWRY, You will not regret it. Also read the other books in the series, gathering blue and the messenger. The endings will all make sense when you finish the last one. You can read them as stand alones, but I really reccomend you go for all three.

Ready Player 1
Across The Universe
Glow
The Demon King
The Forsaken

P.S. I love Totoro <3

-edit-
Oops, I didn't realize you had already read The Giver... did you read the other books?
Totoro <3 At first, when you mentioned Across The Universe I thought you meant the movie with the amazing Jim Sturgess and The Beatles cover soundtrack heh. I enjoyed The Maze Runner series. I look forward to the first film hopefully it's good. I started 1984 and Ender's Game but didn't even make it past the first chapter idk why was lazy probs but they were pretty good from what little I've read lol

Right now, I'm re-reading the Kingdom Keepers series but after that I'm reading The Fault in Our Stars.

Have you ever read A Wrinkle in Time? It's a great book, and so is the movie. There's also 4 other books that go along with it, but I haven't read them yet. (I loved The Giver, by the way!)
The Fault in Our Stars is a good book.

I'll look into the other books you and Cat mentioned!

Reading Fault in our Stars. Cause i hated it the first time ,-,

Just finished, divergent (2nd time)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was reading Wintergirls currently.
Good book.

Ready Player 1
Across The Universe
Glow
The Demon King
The Forsaken

P.S. I love Totoro <3

-edit-
Totoro <3 At first, when you mentioned Across The Universe I thought you meant the movie with the amazing Jim Sturgess and The Beatles cover soundtrack heh. I enjoyed The Maze Runner series. I look forward to the first film hopefully it's good. I started 1984 and Ender's Game but didn't even make it past the first chapter idk why was lazy probs but they were pretty good from what little I've read lol

The Fault in Our Stars is a good book.

I'll look into the other books you and Cat mentioned!
Omg. I love the Fault In Our Stars!!

Gazehound

adventureland enthusiast
recently read: lost at sea by bryan lee o'malley

currently reading: nine stories by jd salinger, man-eaters of kumaon by jim corbett, the doors of perception by aldous huxley

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
I have always been in love with the book Inkheart, it's a rather simple read now compared to when I was 9 and first read it but i don't know it always fascinated me.

I'm currently re-reading...The Harry Potter books
and then I'm also reading Bring Up The Bodies by Hilary Mantel

Stefa

English&Literature Major
1. If you enjoyed Fault in Our Stars (Ummm life changing book) you should read his novel Looking For Alaska

2. Please tell me you've read Great Gatsby

3. 1984 by George Orwell is a very interesting suspense book, but since it was written a while ago as a sort of futuristic book it's a bit different, but amazing.

4. Not at all in the same genre and much much better than the movie is Water For Elephants

5. Another sci-fy thriller is Patrick Ness' The Knife of Never Letting Go, it's a three book series that really interesting and different!

As a third-year English Literature Major I love this thread. So happy to see people enjoy reading as much as I do!

What book are you currently reading?

i'm the kind of person that reads 34983 books at a time
so right now i'm currently reading:

- anna and the french kiss
--> surprisingly quite good, and i like it because of all the French references hehe

- the summer i turned pretty
--> lovelovelove the plot line so far

- through a glass darkly
--> the whole concept of this book definitely intrigued me!

and

- les immortels
--> french book about vampires, i just wanted to read something supernatural so i picked this up!

Last edited:

Chill

13 Reasons Why,

aaand Jane Eyre. (for school but it's surprisingly good, really interesting bc I read a modern book based on Jane Eyre called "Jane" by April Lindner and it's like woah so much symbolism and references that I didn't even know bc I read Jane before I started reading Jane Eyre it's just like woah man)

I just started the Demon King the other night, I'm not sure if I like it yet because I'm only on the second chapter
It's good. I've read the whole series.

Cat

The Maze Runner series
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series
Ender's Game series
Across The Universe series
The Giver book series
Harry Potter (that's a given)

That's all I can think of series wise atm

Other great books:
Watership Down
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest
Ready Player One
In Cold Blood
The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn

Uhhh and a lot more

A series that I really like is Pretty Little Liars and The Hunger Games. I'm currently in the middle of the Divergent series and I really like that as well :)