Finding Me. or My Journey to find Adventure

FancyMonocle

lost in the sauce
What this is about:
I don't know where to put this, but I'm gonna put this in the Off-topic because I don't think you can simply categorize my words. I know I left this game a while back, but I couldn't stay away from it for too long. Instead, I came on the forums quite often to express my thoughts on pop culture and the return of the Y2K epidemic. However, it is pretty clear to me that some people are out to destroy my reputation. I truly do not know why people are hating on me so much. I believe it is because they want my fame, as it is clear, I am the most famous user on these forums (sorry Question). I only love, I never hate, but I think it is time for me to go into hiding. I am not leaving, but rather I will document my journey to find something, I'm not sure yet. I will leave the opinions that the lovers and the haters have for me, and in the end, I hope to find what I am looking for. If you are curious, please follow this thread as I will constantly update it with my journey.

First Post:
Life. Love. And Me. I've begun to set myself free. - July 23rd, 2016
My horoscope today reads: Don't be afraid. Be free. Find what you're looking for. Yet I do not know what I'm looking for. Is it happiness? Is it a reason to live? Or is it to find love? Either way, I've begun this journey weary and unsure of the obstacles that lay ahead. I guess I want to find the soul of the truth that lies within the molecules of blatant and unadulterated happiness. I decided that the best way to begin is by going outside in my backyard. At around 5:40pm, I stumbled upon a cricket. Perhaps it is my conscious? Or perhaps...YES...perhaps it is a sign from the universe and the vibrations it sends that I am ready to hop into a new life. I am filled with bliss! For the first time in my life, I feel as though I am heading in the right direction. Unfortunately, my backyard is not very big so I had to turn around and walk back inside. I was so distraught. My journey has halted so abruptly. I had finally found a REAL sign, but I am confined to the limited space of my backyard. How can I truly be set free if my backyard is so small? Where do I go? How do I get out? How do I continue this journey? I guess this is my first obstacle. Oh life! You tricky creature! I will sleep on it and try to find a way out.
- FancyMonocle

Second Post:
The Gem of my Golden Tubular Heart - July 24th, 2016
My horoscope today reads: Do not look under every rock for all your answers; the solution may be right in front of you. I woke up today with fear grasping the inner rims of my heart. What if this journey is just another one of my self-obsessed ploys to garner more attention from the public? Am I fraud? A hack? I know not of any of these answers. Yet I get out of my bed and get ready for my day. I look outside, into my backyard and how it brutally betrayed me. I now remember that my house actually has a front yard, apparently, this is a normal characteristic of houses. So I bravely venture outside into the front yard and see a contraption that must have been torn straight from a sci-fi comic book. It is called, a C.A.R., I do not know what it stands for, I intend on finding out later (will update you on this). I remember that I actually obtained something called a 'license' to operate such a contraption. Suddenly...A RUSH of excitement filled my veins. I have found my way out! I will now continue my journey in my C.A.R.!...Tomorrow! What a glorious gift life has betrothed! I am giddy with excitement! Oh! Life...you are a tumultuous yet fascinating rollercoaster!
- FancyMonocle

Third Post:
My Soul is a Shirt full of Stains - July 25th, 2016

Today my horoscope reads: Trouble will come your way, be sure to look at your problem in a different perspective. (Scorpio horoscope: don't be lame today.) I feel awakened. I feel reinvigorated. I feel alive. Is this the first time I've felt these things? Most definitely. Will I continue to feel this way, I hope so. I get out of bed, take a shower, and put on my clothes. I am wearing black jeans with a white shirt. These details are very important. TRUST ME. I eat breakfast and get ready to start my adventure with the car. (Turns out car does not stand for anything...). I hurry up and grab a sparkling ICE Cherry Limeade bottle, I quickly take a swig. While drinking this delicious and savory drink, my cat scratches my legs. I cringe in the agony of pain and spill the red liquid of my drink all over my WHITE shirt. (I told you the details would be important). This is devastating to my soul, as I cannot go outside with a white stained shirt. In the midst of all of my confusion and pain, I was able to do the most sensible thing. Wash my shirt. So I took the shirt and put it into the dryer, followed by the washer. I noticed that my shirt was more wet than normal so I put it in the washer once more. Unfortunately, the shirt was damper...and was dripping blue detergent. Again, into the washer. I continued this process a few more times, but with no success. I could not figure out what was going on? What was life trying to tell me? Was the universe sending me signals in the form of a non-working washer? I decided to wear the shirt as is and begin my adventure in the car. I go outside, and it seems as though I have spent all day with the washer. I'll have to continue my journey tomorrow!
- FancyMonocle

Fourth Post:
Give me Liberty or Give me Satisfaction. - July 26th, 2016
Today my horoscope reads: Be careful who you make friends with, not everyone has helpful intentions. (Scorpio horoscope reads: you're gonna be lame today.) It seems as though the last few days have repeated a certain cycle, unlike the free-spirited and spontaneous adventure I was expecting. It's time to break this formula and finally venture outside. IT'S TIME. I, of course, eat breakfast (it would be a cardinal mistake to skip breakfast!!), I am still wearing my white shirt of which is stained with red juice and blue detergent. I grab my car keys and head out the door. I realize instantaneously that I've entered a whole new world when I sit in my car. There are buttons and buttons, shiny things, and clear glass? That doesn't seem so safe. But I remember my training; I stick the key into the magical portal, twist, and the magic happens. I use my right hand to get out of P while my right foot is on the brake. I put the car in R and slowly drive out of my car. I, OBVIOUSLY, use my rear-view mirrors and side mirrors to help navigate my vehicle through the terrain. I am now on set straight on the street; my vehicle is facing the correct direction, I then place my foot on the brake again and put my car in D. (By the way, I use what is called the gearbox, to do this, in case you were wondering.) I then drive around the block and onto the main street, I decide to head north, because if I were to head south, I would eventually hit the ocean which is not okay. I accelerate the car to a moderate speed of 25mph; it's quite the thrill driving this car. I can hear the wind; that would be flowing through my hair if this car was a convertible. FINALLY. My journey has kicked into full gear! My soul is marvelously happy; I can feel it glowing within. What a time to be alive. I am now on the highway. I feel as though everyone knows about my journey! People are honking at me, giving me the fist bump! And even other gestures that I thought were typically obscene, but this time around seemed nice and gentle. However, what I thought was an excited fan who had brought out flashing red, white, and blue lights, was somebody called a Poll-ease. He forced me to pull over, and he told me I was going 30mph. I thought nothing of this; 30mph was an incredibly fast speed for me as I am a relatively new driver. However, he continues to explain that the speed limit is 70mph, and I should at least drive 60mph. When the Poll-ease told me this, I thought the man was out of his mind!! Drive double my speed? Preposterous! So I simply drove off. But this man was extremely persistent, and continued to drive after me! I guess he was trying to get me to go faster, so, reluctantly, I begin to speed up! Eventually, I was driving 100mph! What a stupendous feeling! I see why the man recommended me to drive faster. Yet, he did not stop following me, in fact, he invited some more of his friends with flashing lights to follow me! I simply assumed they were cheering me on, to go faster...and faster! Then, I look to the sky, and there is a flying metal contraption following me as well! Oh and by the way, I'm also writing this post as I'm driving! I believe it is good to have my mind working on two things at once. It does not seem that these Poll-eases will stop following me! I think they really want to be my friends! Already, I've made so many friends! Oh, what glory life has brought upon me!
- FancyMonocle

Fifth Post:
These Bars won't hold my Spirt - July 27th, 2016
Today my horoscope reads: Don't believe everything you see. Life is pointless. Life is meaningless. I meander the walls of what we call life with no idea of what is going on or what to do. What has happened to me is beyond explanation and completely undeserving. I have been a rested. And to make it all worse is that these people, these, Poll-ease, expect me to rest with metal links around my wrist. I tell you, this journey has taken an unforeseen turn. My freedom has been stripped away from my hands, and I cannot find any reason as to why these people would do such a horrid thing to such an innocent soul. I do believe my life matters, and yet they don't seem to see that. Suddenly, they let me go, and they tell me I owe an absurd amount of money for 'Flea in the Poll-ease' and 'Speeding.' These absurd claims are libel and slanderous, but I told them I would pay, eventually. I leave the building and fall on my knees, FREEDOM!!! Oh, Freedom! I shan't ever take you for granted again! I walk to my car and drive away. I have no clue where I am at, and my phone is out of battery. I stop by to a nearby diner, it's full of vintage 50's hardware. Vinyls are hanging on the wall, Elvis Presley (the King of Jazz) is everywhere, and there's a big Juke Box sitting in the middle of the rooms, with tables and such surrounding it. A waitress sits me down next to a window, I try asking for a phone charger but she stuffs me with words that make no sense, "Howdy partner, would you want some coughing? or the apple eyes?" What in the world was she talking about? Complete ludicrous. I ignored her until she walked away. I look to the Juke Box and I see a decrepit old man walk towards it, I assumed he was from That War, he was wearing Veterinarians gear. He put in a couple quarters and plays the classic song, "In Dreams" by Roy Orbison. Suddenly, the lights dimmed, he grabbed a candle from a table and begins lip-syncing the song. Surely, this isn't normal behavior. Yet, the waitresses are smiling and begin to sing or lip-sync with him. I don't know where I am, but I am scared, and I don't have a phone. So in the midst of this scene, I get up and ask for an iPhone charger. They tell me, "Sorry we only support Android users." Suddenly, a large man grabs me by the collar and kicks me out of the diner. I'm suddenly in the middle of the desert, I have no idea how I got here. I mean deserts aren't even real, they only exist in movies. Seriously, have you ever seen a real desert in person? I see my car in the distance, but when I get there...the wheels are stolen! Who in their right mind would travel to the fictitious desert and steal my wheels!? Anyways, by this time I was hungry, my soul was tired and drained, and I am stuck in a desert (of which shouldn't exist). I sign out unsure about my future. Oh, life....What's going on?

-FancyMonocle

Sixth & Final Post:
New Beginnings and Old Endings - July 28th, 2016
Today my horoscope reads: Your dream will become your reality and your reality will become your dreams' dream. (Scorpio horoscope: Don't make people do stuff they don't wanna do.) My throat is parched, my soul is even more parched, my hair and skin are drying, and my feet are so sunburnt I cannot walk. The car is at least 101 degrees Fahrenheit, and getting warmer. I'm not sure how much longer I have to live. Perhaps my journey was purely in vain, that none of this will have an answer or even an ending. I will continue to live the rest of the few days I have left not knowing what the point of life is, and the purpose of my life. Why won't the great desert gods strike me down? I look around the bleak and bright desert, nothing but sand....nothing but sand....and a box? A..blue...box...could this be it? Could this blue box hold the answers that I've been looking for? What's in the box?...What's in the box??....WHAT'S IN THE BOX!?!! I grab the registration papers from the glove compartment and wrap them around my sunburnt feet. I get out of the car and make my way to the box that is about 40 yards away. I can feel the small sharp rocks slightly piercing the edges of my soul and skin. But I continue...I must know what's in the blue box. Finally, after many minutes of struggling, I reach the blue box. Upon my arrival I notice that it's just a cube...no opening...besides a small triangular hole in the middle of it. What kind of sick joke is this?! It's just a blue box! But wait....I look around...and I see a key...oh glory! Truly this is the universe telling me I am on my way to reach the truth! Thank you! I grab the key like a chubby boy grabbing a Hershey bar. This. IS. IT. My hand is shaking as I slowly place the key inside the blue box...there is a 'SNAP' and the top lid opens. My world goes black. I am...awakened.

- FancyMonocle

Last edited:
I hope I didn't upset you yesterday in-game when I said you didn't speak fancy. I was joking :O I just read your "First Post" and I really like it, it uses a lot of imagery and makes me want to read more :cloud9:

Laguna

~.*~:.:lone:.:~*.~
Hello, FancyMonocle. I am glad you are on such a journey. I heard you might be traveling to Idaho. Did you know I was born and raised there? So was MyVMK user @TwinFalls ! There is lots to see and lots of potatoes to eat. I know MyVMK user @Joela loves visiting Idaho just for our famous Tots™. So if you decide to visit here, remember to give me a call! I am a professional tour guide, been doing this 10 years.

Question

Very Questionable
Hello, FancyMonocle. I am glad you are on such a journey. I heard you might be traveling to Idaho. Did you know I was born and raised there? So was MyVMK user @TwinFalls ! There is lots to see and lots of potatoes to eat. I know MyVMK user @Joela loves visiting Idaho just for our famous Tots™. So if you decide to visit here, remember to give me a call! I am a professional tour guide, been doing this 10 years.
I hope he travels to the country of Ohayo! I hear the best Old Tacos™ (another word for Anime Freak™) can be found there.

FancyMonocle

lost in the sauce
Thank you all for your warm wishes. Your love fills my heart with wonderous joy as though I am wearing pajamas from the Sun. I will update you all very soon. Namaste

FancyMonocle

lost in the sauce
Second Post:
The Gem of my Golden Tubular Heart - July 24th, 2016
My horoscope today reads: Do not look under every rock for all your answers; the solution may be right in front of you. I woke up today with fear grasping the inner rims of my heart. What if this journey is just another one of my self-obsessed ploys to garner more attention from the public? Am I fraud? A hack? I know not of any of these answers. Yet I get out of my bed and get ready for my day. I look outside, into my backyard and how it brutally betrayed me. I now remember that my house actually has a front yard, apparently, this is a normal characteristic of houses. So I bravely venture outside into the front yard and see a contraption that must have been torn straight from a sci-fi comic book. It is called, a C.A.R., I do not know what it stands for, I intend on finding out later (will update you on this). I remember that I actually obtained something called a 'license' to operate such a contraption. Suddenly...A RUSH of excitement filled my veins. I have found my way out! I will now continue my journey in my C.A.R.!...Tomorrow! What a glorious gift life has betrothed! I am giddy with excitement! Oh! Life...you are a tumultuous yet fascinating rollercoaster!
- FancyMonocle

Last edited:

FancyMonocle

lost in the sauce
can you include my horoscope in these posts as well please i'm a Scorpio and i too am trying to find myself.
YOU COPY ME EVERY TIME!! JUST LET ME TRY TO FIND MYSELF! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO FIND YOURSELF TOO!?! STOP STEALING MY IDEAS AND/OR MY THUNDER!!![DOUBLEPOST=1469323357][/DOUBLEPOST]
YOU COPY ME EVERY TIME!! JUST LET ME TRY TO FIND MYSELF! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO FIND YOURSELF TOO!?! STOP STEALING MY IDEAS AND/OR MY THUNDER!!!
Ahem. I do apologize for my recent outburst, this is was the Old New Fancy who is lost. I am still lost, but this is the New New Fancy, and I will gladly include you're horoscope. Good luck in your quest.

Laguna

~.*~:.:lone:.:~*.~
You should pay Dr. Ringo a visit in her guest room "VMK Therapy". She has really helped me with my issues and I can already see myself improve and grow as a person.

FancyMonocle

lost in the sauce
Third Post:
My Soul is a Shirt full of Stains - July 25th, 2016

Today my horoscope reads: Trouble will come your way, be sure to look at your problem in a different perspective. (Scorpio horoscope: don't be lame today.) I feel awakened. I feel reinvigorated. I feel alive. Is this the first time I've felt these things? Most definitely. Will I continue to feel this way, I hope so. I get out of bed, take a shower, and put on my clothes. I am wearing black jeans with a white shirt. These details are very important. TRUST ME. I eat breakfast and get ready to start my adventure with the car. (Turns out car does not stand for anything...). I hurry up and grab a sparkling ICE Cherry Limeade bottle, I quickly take a swig. While drinking this delicious and savory drink, my cat scratches my legs. I cringe in the agony of pain and spill the red liquid of my drink all over my WHITE shirt. (I told you the details would be important). This is devastating to my soul, as I cannot go outside with a white stained shirt. In the midst of all of my confusion and pain, I was able to do the most sensible thing. Wash my shirt. So I took the shirt and put it into the dryer, followed by the washer. I noticed that my shirt was more wet than normal so I put it in the washer once more. Unfortunately, the shirt was damper...and was dripping blue detergent. Again, into the washer. I continued this process a few more times, but with no success. I could not figure out what was going on? What was life trying to tell me? Was the universe sending me signals in the form of a non-working washer? I decided to wear the shirt as is and begin my adventure in the car. I go outside, and it seems as though I have spent all day with the washer. I'll have to continue my journey tomorrow!
- FancyMonocle

FancyMonocle

lost in the sauce
Fourth Post:
Give me Liberty or Give me Satisfaction. - July 26th, 2016
Today my horoscope reads: Be careful who you make friends with, not everyone has helpful intentions. (Scorpio horoscope reads: you're gonna be lame today.) It seems as though the last few days have repeated a certain cycle, unlike the free-spirited and spontaneous adventure I was expecting. It's time to break this formula and finally venture outside. IT'S TIME. I, of course, eat breakfast (it would be a cardinal mistake to skip breakfast!!), I am still wearing my white shirt of which is stained with red juice and blue detergent. I grab my car keys and head out the door. I realize instantaneously that I've entered a whole new world when I sit in my car. There are buttons and buttons, shiny things, and clear glass? That doesn't seem so safe. But I remember my training; I stick the key into the magical portal, twist, and the magic happens. I use my right hand to get out of P while my right foot is on the brake. I put the car in R and slowly drive out of my car. I, OBVIOUSLY, use my rear-view mirrors and side mirrors to help navigate my vehicle through the terrain. I am now on set straight on the street; my vehicle is facing the correct direction, I then place my foot on the brake again and put my car in D. (By the way, I use what is called the gearbox, to do this, in case you were wondering.) I then drive around the block and onto the main street, I decide to head north, because if I were to head south, I would eventually hit the ocean which is not okay. I accelerate the car to a moderate speed of 25mph; it's quite the thrill driving this car. I can hear the wind; that would be flowing through my hair if this car was a convertible. FINALLY. My journey has kicked into full gear! My soul is marvelously happy; I can feel it glowing within. What a time to be alive. I am now on the highway. I feel as though everyone knows about my journey! People are honking at me, giving me the fist bump! And even other gestures that I thought were typically obscene, but this time around seemed nice and gentle. However, what I thought was an excited fan who had brought out flashing red, white, and blue lights, was somebody called a Poll-ease. He forced me to pull over, and he told me I was going 30mph. I thought nothing of this; 30mph was an incredibly fast speed for me as I am a relatively new driver. However, he continues to explain that the speed limit is 70mph, and I should at least drive 60mph. When the Poll-ease told me this, I thought the man was out of his mind!! Drive double my speed? Preposterous! So I simply drove off. But this man was extremely persistent, and continued to drive after me! I guess he was trying to get me to go faster, so eventually, I was driving 100mph! What a stupendous feeling! I see why the man recommended me to drive faster. Yet, he did not stop following me, in fact, he invited some more of his friends with flashing lights to follow me! I simply assumed they were cheering me on, to go faster...and faster! Then, I look to the sky, and there is a flying metal contraption following me as well! I'm also writing this post as I'm driving! I believe it is good to have my mind working on two things at once. It does not seem that these Poll-eases will stop following me! I think they really want to be my friends! Already, I've made so many friends! Oh, what glory life has brought upon me!
- FancyMonocle