Fireworks Guide & Help

Geggy

This thread is intended to be a relatively comprehensive guide for MyVMK's Fireworks Remixed game. The first, and easiest thing to cover would be the basics. If you didn't know, there are instructions in the Fireworks Lobby. The first picture below includes the in-game instructions. The most recent addendum to the instructions is that you can now (thanks to Amy) click the numbers on your keyboard, instead of scrolling through the firework icons with your arrow keys. Each firework is associated with a specific number on your keyboard - a picture representing that is also below.

Some basic tips that will help (answers to questions I've received):

1. Focus firstly on getting all, or nearly all fireworks "flawless." (click)
2. The last two stages have very high points for combinations - go for the combos, even if they aren't "flawless" hits in these stages. (click)(click)
3. Using the "explode all" feature (space bar) is sometimes very useful for getting points - either to finish a combo, or just get all of the fireworks in the air. (click)
4. If you are able to see the "Coming In" panel on the bottom right of the screen, the firework at the bottom is the next one to be released. Knowing what's next helps you plan on combos. (click)

I have also created a couple videos (these are outdated, and will be updated sometime soon hopefully), in case watching someone play helps. As I improve and discover better methods, I will make more videos.

You can reach the second video I made at this link.

(I was having a great game, though not perfect. Then a bug made me skip 4.2...so those points and combo demonstrations are not in this video.)

You can reach the first video at this link.

**The following list is made up of scores that are generalities. If, in general, I'm getting the scores I list below, then I'm having a good game. Beyond the first two stages, there is some variation between the seeds, so take these scores as general scores and not specific.

1.1 - 458
1.2 - 948
1.3 - 1448
2.1 - 1880
2.2 - 2360
2.3 - 2960
3.1 - 3560
3.2 - 4050
3.3 - 4450
4.1 - 5100
4.2 - 5800
4.3 - 6400
5.1 - 7100
5.2 - 7800
5.3 - 8500

Last edited:

Lost

For Level 1 Stage 2, on this instance isn't it better to get all the fireworks and then the last 2 doubles get a flawless with the star and then get an awesome, then flawless for the combo. You seemed to miss one on purpose but I thought that would be less points.

I have yet to get a mouse and still using a touchpad. I can take some tips from this though so thank you. I look forward to what you are developing with this thread.

I managed to get just over 4000 yesterday and that's my best on a touchpad :D

How do you switch colors so fast? that seems to be my problem.

Geggy

Well thanks for the video, I see something I am not doing I need to. Thanks for the offers of help here, from both Geggy and Baseball. I am getting to the point of averaging 4200 a game, without caring to get a combo at all, looks like its time I pay attention to that.

Lost

For Level 1 Stage 2, on this instance isn't it better to get all the fireworks and then the last 2 doubles get a flawless with the star and then get an awesome, then flawless for the combo. You seemed to miss one on purpose but I thought that would be less points.
I just tested this theory and got 482 points, even when the last too I only got a good and an awesome, in your game you got 464 this round. It's not a majorly big deal just thought I'd let you know my findings.

Lost

I'll have to try to see. :) Good find, if so!
Aha thanks, I'd have screenshotted but I messed up stage 1 badly. The same strat works in the instance we were just in, except its blue on the penultimate double and then yellow awesome, blue flawless.

Lost

Not from the instance you posted but got this on the one that starts 488

I never seem to have a perfect stage 3 though.

Lost

I did just get 484 points on S1L2, so that would have added 20 more points to my score at that point. Good find!
Glad to help.

Managed to get 3930 at the end of stage 3 just now, not far off the 4115 in your video and then I choked. I never do too great after stage 3, there are just too many fireworks and I don't know when to wait for combos and when not to lol.

Geggy

Glad to help.

Managed to get 3930 at the end of stage 3 just now, not far off the 4115 in your video and then I choked. I never do too great after stage 3, there are just too many fireworks and I don't know when to wait for combos and when not to lol.
I'm still working a lot of that out, as you can see by all of the missed points I left sitting there in that game.

Practice, practice...for all of us. :)