Fixing the MyVMK Economy

McQuack

but why do we have to be encouraged to play other games when we dont like them. People who find them fun will play them anyway. Everyone else is just playing it for credits and not for enjoyment, and most people choose potc bc we can play a game we dont enjoy with much more ease for long periods of time and on the weekend when most people have more time.
I'm confused, you're saying you don't like any part of the game (HM, FW, POTC, and JC) so maybe VMK simply isn't for you lol. Regardless, all because double credits goes away does not mean you can't still play POTC or any other mini-game. They'll always be there and reward a payout, just not doubled. In the early days double credits was meant to be a "special event" reserved for only certain days, such as a holiday, off-peak times, etc. The point of double credits was to either celebrate something, or get more people to log in and play the game during times they normally wouldn't. Think of movie theaters for instance; many theaters offer half-priced tickets on Tuesdays. Why would they do that? Most people only go to the movies on the weekends, wouldn't it make more sense to cut prices on a day when everyone goes? They do that because they noticed on Tuesdays it's empty, and they already know people with free time will go on the weekends regardless, so they incentivize going on a day people normally wouldn't, and it works. Double credit weekends every single week was never needed. The game does not need to offer an incentive to play on days everyone would have played regardless.

Mini-games are supposed to be fun. For me, that's a basic tenant of game design, a game should be fun first and foremost. The fact most people don't "legitimately" play POTC the way it was intended and use it as a credit generator should be a sign something is wrong. Most players do not find grinding/farming fun in any MMO. At least for me, a game should be challenging, rewarding, and interactive. But fun is subjective, so I'll leave it at that.

You can get them from HOST events and sometimes during popup events like trivia, quests or welcome parties!
One of the issues I have with many of the new events is that they are all essentially freebies and giveaways. Giving out what is essentially hand-outs is not improving the economy. The Winter, Star Wars, and Marvel crates are all great examples of missed potential. They were all given out for free. You just picked them up, no cost needed, and opened them. This causes all common prizes to be worth absolutely nothing and the game is flooded with them. Making them sellable for 200 credits a pop when people collected thousands of them (for free!!) made the credit situation worse. Clicking on a crate was essentially the same as clicking on an NPC, but you got 8x the reward lol.

This effects uncommon/rare prize values as well, because although the odds of winning a rare item are low, at the end of the day, one thing matters: it was all given for free. There was no risk and reward for any of these events. There was only a reward. A risk needs to be involved if you want any of these items to be worth something and to get credits diminishing.
What a GOOD IDEA. Re-release all the rares so all the people who have spent millions of credits on them throughout their entire vmk "career?" will now be worth nothing.
At the beginning of the year I put some money into a stock, and a few months ago that stock tanked in value and I lost it all. I could have sold it when it was high, but instead I was feeling risky and held onto my stock, hoarding it, hoping the value would increase even higher. Nope, I ended up losing everything I paid for. Did I quit investing? Nah, I just learned that there's always a risk with holding onto stocks, and at any moment the value could drop, so it's best to sell when it's high.

Replace "stocks" with items and it's the same idea. People hoard items and jack up the value because they know how the game is ran now. They know very well these items are never being re-released, so what's the risk in holding onto them?
If rare items start getting re-released, that gives the push the economy needs to stop hoarding items and start selling while it's at its highest value.
People are going to lose credits. People are going to get upset. The point of a healthy economy is that it has its ups and downs. There needs to be a risk involved.

At the beginning of the year I put some money into a stock, and a few months ago that stock tanked in value and I lost it all. I could have sold it when it was high, but instead I was feeling risky and held onto my stock, hoarding it, hoping the value would increase even higher. Nope, I ended up losing everything I paid for. Did I quit investing? Nah, I just learned that there's always a risk with holding onto stocks, and at any moment the value could drop, so it's best to sell when it's high.

Replace "stocks" with items and it's the same idea. People hoard items and jack up the value because they know how the game is ran now. They know very well these items are never being re-released, so what's the risk in holding onto them?
If rare items start getting re-released, that gives the push the economy needs to stop hoarding items and start selling while it's at its highest value.
People are going to lose credits. People are going to get upset. The point of a healthy economy is that it has its ups and downs. There needs to be a risk involved.
Dont invest in stocks then. Invest your money in something worthwhile, like real estate. That or hire a fund accountant to manage your stocks for you.

I'm confident the staff can come up with a solution for the economy just like they come up with a clone use policy.
Well it was more the players who thought up the basic of the guidelines, staff kinda just said "K this works" and then implemented it right after with some tweaks cause some players had more accounts then any one person should ever have, such as a fella I know who will rename nameless but he had 5 accounts that I was aware of, possibly more.

Someone mentioned less double credits, and not specific to weekends. I love this because I, too, hate seeing the lobbies empty on any other day. So I like the idea of randomized days of double credits. Maybe even certain days specific to certain minigames. Say.. Wednesday being double credits for Haunted Mansion, Friday for Pirates, Sunday for Jungle Cruise, and so on.
Ironically that is doubling the double credits, so from Saturday and Sunday aka a x2 credit weekend (I cant remember if Friday counted as a weekend so rip) to every game having it's own day every other day is now you just went from 2 days to now 4 days.

What a GOOD IDEA. Re-release all the rares so all the people who have spent millions of credits on them throughout their entire vmk "career?" will now be worth nothing.
Nobody said rerelease ALL the rares, but at least give the chansu for other players to get them. Cause I don't see anyone actively selling rares and some of them are locked on dead accounts so out of say 50 of a certain amount of rares that are ingame only like 10 are on active player accounts and only 1 or 2 players are trading said rare for an ungodly amount of credits which nobody is buying cause that's a lot of credits. So even if you have your own rares that you don't want to trade cause you are a hoarder like I know I am, at least some other players might be able to get some items they've been hunting for too.

Currently, treasure detector has several rare items you can get from them. Including but not limited to a stitch hat, angel hat, and 1* treasure detector.
And random question, by the prize being a 1* treasure detector you mean a permanent treasure detector magic, or would you just win another single use one?

McQuack

Dont invest in stocks then. Invest your money in something worthwhile, like real estate. That or hire a fund accountant to manage your stocks for you.
Luckily it was just a story to bring a point across and I didn't actually lose anything. :p
But hopefully my point somewhat came across? I can get long-winded so I can clarify what I meant lol.

m confused, you're saying you don't like any part of the game (HM, FW, POTC, and JC) so maybe VMK simply isn't for you lol.
I dont have to play the game of VMK the way you think it should be played in order for it to be "for me". There is a bunch of other reasons to play myvmk that doesn't include the enjoyment of minigames thank u very much... I didn't play them for fun on OG and i don't on here yet if the game wasn't for me I wouldn't be playing a decade later. Like you said........
But fun is subjective, so I'll leave it at that.

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
Well it was more the players who thought up the basic of the guidelines, staff kinda just said "K this works" and then implemented it right after with some tweaks cause some players had more accounts then any one person should ever have, such as a fella I know who will rename nameless but he had 5 accounts that I was aware of, possibly more.

Ironically that is doubling the double credits, so from Saturday and Sunday aka a x2 credit weekend (I cant remember if Friday counted as a weekend so rip) to every game having it's own day every other day is now you just went from 2 days to now 4 days.

Nobody said rerelease ALL the rares, but at least give the chansu for other players to get them. Cause I don't see anyone actively selling rares and some of them are locked on dead accounts so out of say 50 of a certain amount of rares that are ingame only like 10 are on active player accounts and only 1 or 2 players are trading said rare for an ungodly amount of credits which nobody is buying cause that's a lot of credits. So even if you have your own rares that you don't want to trade cause you are a hoarder like I know I am, at least some other players might be able to get some items they've been hunting for too.

And random question, by the prize being a 1* treasure detector you mean a permanent treasure detector magic, or would you just win another single use one?
By changing the double credits I moreso meant randomized games weekly or monthly. Say the first week of the month we have double credits on Wednesday for HM. We wouldn’t have another double credits for mansion until say.. week 3 or even next month. It wouldn’t be consecutively back to back.
The treasure detector you’d get would be a permanent 1*. Not single use.

That's why I do like they are trying to implement new games however.
me too, i've never been good at shooting games but i am happy for it to be here and i'm eager for it to be completed and ready with the point system etc! Hopefully i get 100x better!! lol

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
I'm confused, you're saying you don't like any part of the game (HM, FW, POTC, and JC) so maybe VMK simply isn't for you lol. Regardless, all because double credits goes away does not mean you can't still play POTC or any other mini-game. They'll always be there and reward a payout, just not doubled. In the early days double credits was meant to be a "special event" reserved for only certain days, such as a holiday, off-peak times, etc. The point of double credits was to either celebrate something, or get more people to log in and play the game during times they normally wouldn't. Think of movie theaters for instance; many theaters offer half-priced tickets on Tuesdays. Why would they do that? Most people only go to the movies on the weekends, wouldn't it make more sense to cut prices on a day when everyone goes? They do that because they noticed on Tuesdays it's empty, and they already know people with free time will go on the weekends regardless, so they incentivize going on a day people normally wouldn't, and it works. Double credit weekends every single week was never needed. The game does not need to offer an incentive to play on days everyone would have played regardless.

Mini-games are supposed to be fun. For me, that's a basic tenant of game design, a game should be fun first and foremost. The fact most people don't "legitimately" play POTC the way it was intended and use it as a credit generator should be a sign something is wrong. Most players do not find grinding/farming fun in any MMO. At least for me, a game should be challenging, rewarding, and interactive. But fun is subjective, so I'll leave it at that.

One of the issues I have with many of the new events is that they are all essentially freebies and giveaways. Giving out what is essentially hand-outs is not improving the economy. The Winter, Star Wars, and Marvel crates are all great examples of missed potential. They were all given out for free. You just picked them up, no cost needed, and opened them. This causes all common prizes to be worth absolutely nothing and the game is flooded with them. Making them sellable for 200 credits a pop when people collected thousands of them (for free!!) made the credit situation worse. Clicking on a crate was essentially the same as clicking on an NPC, but you got 8x the reward lol.

This effects uncommon/rare prize values as well, because although the odds of winning a rare item are low, at the end of the day, one thing matters: it was all given for free. There was no risk and reward for any of these events. There was only a reward. A risk needs to be involved if you want any of these items to be worth something and to get credits diminishing.

Just a correction, the winter crates were a key and crate combo that you had to play mini games and/or ride dark rides to get. I’m very much for earning things so I’m not a fan of the pop up pods, however it is good to switch it up sometimes.

McQuack

I dont have to play the game of VMK the way you think it should be played in order for it to be "for me". There is a bunch of other reasons to play myvmk that doesn't include the enjoyment of minigames thank u very much... I didn't play them for fun on OG and i don't on here yet if the game wasn't for me I wouldn't be playing a decade later. Like you said........
Absolutely, I was just confused about how you stated it because you said the game didn't spark any enjoyment out of you besides credit farming. So how did you have "fun" in the OG VMK when double credits and friendlies rarely were held? Just out of sheer curiosity, I'm interested why some people have different views when it comes to MyVMK and the original VMK.

Just a correction, the winter crates were a key and crate combo that you had to play mini games and/or ride dark rides to get. I’m very much for earning things so I’m not a fan of the pop up pods, however it is good to switch it up sometimes.
Oops, my bad. I like the key and crate set-up better, but it would be much more beneficial in the game's current state to charge credits for a key/crate. I have no issue with pop up pods either, I just think the potential could have been used for something better (though I still think the 200 credit sell price for every common prize was an... interesting choice)

Absolutely, I was just confused about how you stated it because you said the game didn't spark any enjoyment out of you besides credit farming. So how did you have "fun" in the OG VMK when double credits and friendlies rarely were held? Just out of sheer curiosity, I'm interested why some people have different views when it comes to MyVMK and the original VMK.
I said the minigames do not spark any enjoyment for me but there is much more to vmk than the mini games. In OG I enjoyed playing the games hosted by players like falling chairs etc and the events. My main reason for playing was to hang out with the friends i had made, I liked to room hop and meet new people. And most of all (as I had never been to a park but like most kids wanted to desperately) I enjoyed being in a virtual recreation of it and I loved having the Disney themed items i liked; and wearing them or making rooms with them. I always needed/still need credits but i never enjoyed acquiring them.

riddleguy

I agree 100%. This is how the games economy should be....and this is how things in every game i play with a healthy economy where you can buy sell/items. @HOST_Nala . @HOST_Duchess

However, this doesnt mean that every rare item has to go down in value. Some items can go up and down, some can do down, and some can only go up like they do now. Staff can even start releasing limited edition items that will never be released again so players have a safe investment. And the limited edition items would be labeled as such or stated that its the case in the newesletter.

In a perfect myvmk, the ideal theme month release IMHO would add

Last edited:

queen_meg

As someone who barely goes on to this game, I could list you some problems.
  • THERE ISN'T MANY PEOPLE ON THE SEVERS (I can't talk to people, play game, or do anything)
  • Multiplayer games for a game that DOESN'T HAVE MUCH PEOPLE ( please make more single player games)
  • This game is a little cliquey (I hope the community is not all like that)
    also all the things the original poster talked about. I really want to be in community but how can if no one is on the game

• do pop up events
  • Do one day releases
  • Hide and seek every month even if it is only for 3 items as prizes like this month since people pay a lot for those
  • Do loot boxes or something. one is for common stuff at a reasonable price, one for fairly hard to get stuff at an expensive price, do one box for rares and make it wayyyy expensive but not so expensive people don't feel motivated to work towards it
  • Release fewer items weekly...plus that is less the GA's have to do for weekly releases
  • kill double credits
  • get rid of consolation prizes for events. use those items as pop up events prizes or one day sales instead

Jay.

players :Sorcerer::Sorcerer::Sorcerer: who bought items/credits with real money and then jacked up the prices in-game are a large part of the reason we're in this situation so yea some ppl do take it seriously
Sorry, not my problem lol. Never told anyone to trade for my items. Glad you feel so strong about this. Join the other posters and right an essay on how I ruined the vmk economy and deserve to be banned. It’s okay Todd, I know deep down you love me. [DOUBLEPOST=1533755651][/DOUBLEPOST]Love how you try to throw shade as if I care..... oh and I’d you still need that OG Minnie hit me up, 900k and it’s yours ;)

Last edited:

Wonder

Sorry, not my problem lol. Never told anyone to trade for my items. Glad you feel so strong about this. Join the other posters and right an essay on how I ruined the vmk economy and deserve to be banned. It’s okay Todd, I know deep down you love me. [DOUBLEPOST=1533755651][/DOUBLEPOST]Love how you try to throw shade as if I care..... oh and I’d you still need that OG Minnie hit me up, 900k and it’s yours ;)
no thanks i already bought it for much less than that:hearts:

oh and i've long been vocal about banning players who sell items they bought with real cash so don't feel too special