Forum Awards Location

i'm not sure if anyone agrees with me but it is in such a tacky place. why beneath your signature? i think having it to the left, below post count/avatar/etc, maybe in a little box, would be much nicer looking. i've seen this feature on another forum and i loved it. it looked nice and much more organized.

anybody agree? :look: maybe i'm just being super picky

I'm used to seeing it under the stats on the left hand side, or right at the top of a post. One forum I'm on has them in a dropdown box. I think those would make it better.

Jasmine

Doesn't really bother me... I think it would look okay in the postbit (that's what you're talking about), but if they plan on having a lot of awards, it should stay where it is.

Doesn't really bother me... I think it would look okay in the postbit (that's what you're talking about), but if they plan on having a lot of awards, it should stay where it is.
I agree with that ^^. You only have so much room under your avatar.
i really just think it's ugly and tacky looking. not only that, but i can go into photoshop and recreate the awards box and make my own awards for myself, give myself an award such as the staff badge, easy peasy.

chances are your post and signature combined is going to stretch out the area beneath your avatar enough to have plenty of room for awards anyways

Awards!?!? Since when?
they were introduced today! you'll see them below signatures now and also in a tab on forum profiles. there's a button up at the top that features them too. :D push had a trivia event a bit earlier in the shoutbox and correct answers resulted in a nice little badge

Jasmine

i really just think it's ugly and tacky looking. not only that, but i can go into photoshop and recreate the awards box and make my own awards for myself, give myself an award such as the staff badge, easy peasy.

chances are your post and signature combined is going to stretch out the area beneath your avatar enough to have plenty of room for awards anyways.
I get what you're saying... I'm saying it's typically placed under the signature because it can stretch the postbit too much. But yet again, if they don't have a lot of awards, then that shouldn't be an issue.

Perhaps for now, they could be placed in the postbit, and then later if/when they get a lot of awards, it could be moved back?

We had them in the signature as a lot of awards would not look great in the postbit (under avatar/post count).

I have moved them to there for the moment, however depending how many we end up giving out they may be moved back to the signature.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
We had them in the signature as a lot of awards would not look great in the postbit (under avatar/post count).

I have moved them to there for the moment, however depending how many we end up giving out they may be moved back to the signature.
I like it, thanks guys

It's much better under the post count, thank you!

In regards to award size, a couple of forums I'm on have rectangular awards (around 50x68 pixels, I believe) and they look much nicer. However if you're keeping to the ones that you've got currently, maybe making them a little smaller in size would help. Awards don't really stretch pages, so that isn't a worry.

They are currently 60x60 :)
Remember they are just in development at the moment, but thanks guys for all your suggestions and thoughts!

only problem with it being there is in the future people may have like 25 awards and that wouldn't look right on the side maybe the pins should be smaller?

Well with forum awards, staff can change the maximum amount of awards showing at one time through AdminCP to about 4 or 5, which will reduce the clutter. You click a button in the box to view them all in their profiles if needs be.