goodreads!

VMK_Rapunzel

@saturn I've used GoodReads before and I loved it! I just got into using OverDrive. It works through public libraries. I'm reading Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. :] Super interesting read. What're you reading?

saturn

@saturn I've used GoodReads before and I loved it! I just got into using OverDrive. It works through public libraries. I'm reading Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. :] Super interesting read. What're you reading?
I love Liz Gilbert! Have you read her other books? I'm reading Liberation Threads - about the influence and evolution of female African American style from the 50s to present and its connection to activism - and just finished Half of a Yellow Sun (highly recommend!!). I'm also waiting to pick up Ready Player One from the library.

I've heard of overdrive but our public library has a bunch of ebooks and I just prefer having a physical book so I've stuck w that [emoji854] but I love keeping track of what I'm reading and what I've read.

VMK_Rapunzel

@saturn I haven't, but after reading a few chapters of Big Magic, I'm definitely going to grab a few of her other books. I love her style. I'll definitely have to add those books to my list!
I love physical books, too, but I haven't had the time to go to the library or Barns & Noble to grab them. I'm sure I will at some point, though. New book smell. It's a thing. :D

I haven't tried goodreads or know what it is but right now I'm reading Library of Souls (which is the third installment of Mrs Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children) and if you enjoyed the movie (or just weird things) then you should read it :)

Edit: don't skip to the third book, by read it I mean the book series lol

saturn

@VMK_Rapunzel BOOK SMELL IS AMAZING!! is a thing, you can get book scented candles on etsy <3

@Cowboy_Pirate ooh i've never read that actually, i'll add it to my list! goodreads is a website/app that has virtual bookshelves i.e. you can keep track of books you want to read, have read, and are currently reading. you can also rate the books and add notes so you can remember what you thought. it's also kinda social media-y like you can have followers or friends and post updates. and they have book giveaways! (:

Guitar

Hey @saturn! Thanks for starting this thread.
I've always wanted to express my love for Goodreads and now I can!

Goodreads is a website that I frequent almost everyday. It's a great way to find recommendations. I really like the feature on there where you can update your progress on what you're reading.
I'm not too big on sharing reviews of books I've finished, but if I really liked the story I will say something positive about it.

I'm a bookworm. People who know me know that I read up to five or so books at a time.
My favorite genres would have to be... Fantasy, Fiction, Horror, Science Fiction and Poetry
For this year I've completed my challenge of 5 books by reading 25 books!

I'm always reading something. I take a book with me everywhere I go.
Here's a list of what I'm currently reading right now...

The Stand by Stephen King
A Clash Of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R. R. Martin
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Norse Mythology by Neil Gaimen
The Slippery Slope (A Series Of Unforunate Events, #10) by Lemony Snicket

People should read books more than they do. It broadens the mind and stirs the imagination.

I love good reads. Ready Player One is an amazing book. I have a broad range of interests in books. I did not care for American Gods at all.
I like true stories like Wild by Cheryl Strayed, Shattered Air, Journal of the Dead.
I like some fiction but it has to be really good. Loved Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, hated The Lost Symbol.
I am currently reading Dept of Speculation by Jenny Offill and although it's nothing like any other book I've read, I'm enjoying it. It's almost like poetry.

As I lay dying and The Journey A Thru hike on the Appalachian trail are on my next to read list.