Halloween Crates (big mess)

Shrek

The Next Hokage
WARNING: this will be long :-)

So, I for MANY reasons, believe that the Halloween crates sold this year were very, Very, VERY unfair. I’m going to breakdown all of my reasons, and HOPEFULLY I’ll actually get a response from staff this time :-)

Act 1: Release night for crates; 12:00am-
When crates were initially released, THOUSANDS were purchased within seconds of the drop. I can guarantee that the most credits spent in one day for the crates were on the night of the release. I personally feel like staff underestimated the amount that would be purchased within the first hours of the crate launch. I think that this is reflected in the odds of winning, what we all THOUGHT to be ULTRAS (according to the bling animation) that first night. On the night that crates dropped I personally spent 2.7m credits. I was shocked by how many ultras I won that first evening. I won over 15 items that had the ultra coin animation. I thought I just had the best luck in the world—- until I visited other player rooms where crates were being opened. People were winning DUPLICATES of (what we thought to be) ultras. One player pulled 4 sets of skeleton wins, another pulled 3 black sheer robes, some people had pulled one of each ultra, and this frequency in winning rares continued for hours throughout that first evening.

Act 2: The next day/night after crate release- so I think by now we can all deduce that the odds of winning were adjusted, manipulated, whatever you want to call it. I have never seen something go from 100-0 so quickly. The unfortunate people who purchased crates at this time were experiencing such awful and unfair odds. I’ve talked to people who spent hundreds of thousands in credits on crates and only pulled common items. I watched a friend who spent 1m credits and the rarest item she pulled was a pair of Lost Boy pants. To put this into perspective, going back to the release of crates the night before, I along with MANY OTHERS, pulled 6-7 FULL SETS OF EACH LOST BOY COSTUME. If anyone wants to try to tell me that the odds were not manipulated—- please don’t waste your breath on that Tom Foolery. All in all, everyone during this time period who opened crates had a very negative experience and felt financially drained with nothing to show for it.

Act 3: The Jafar Palace room-
On the initial release of crates, as I stated above, people were pulling SO MANY RARES. One of the items included in this rare pulling extravaganza was the Jafar room. I cannot even count how many I saw that first evening. I pulled one myself. In my eyes it seemed to have the same rarity level as a lot of the other items pulled that evening. But, as we all know NOW.. this item was a true “ultra” ha ha ha... so now, we have to address the other items that would be categorized as “ultra”..

Act 4: The Missing Ultras; Sheet Ghost & Grey Skin-
Okay, so to start with this BS, let’s try to keep in mind throughout this act that the Jafar Palace Room is APPARENTLY classified as the same level of rarity as these two items. So, the FIRST night of crates, as I stated, IT WAS WILD. The odds were in everyone’s favor. Ultras were flying out of the crates so quickly, soooo many Jafar rooms, robes, wings, etc. BUT—- there were two items that no one seemed to be pulling... where was the sheet ghost and the grey skin? All of the players who opened crates during the release night would be gathered in crate opening rooms and NO ONE pulled either of those two items. Everyone was confused and it was (and still is) speculated that those items were NOT initially inside of the crates. It makes absolutely NO sense (based on VMK staffs very own categorization of rarity) that 0 of those two items were pulled the first night. LET THE JAFAR ROOM REPRESENT HOW THAT IS BASICALLY IMPOSSIBLE LOL.

Act 5: The Elusive Ultras Finally Appear-
When the tier list for prizes was FINALLY released we saw what actually classified as ultra. After the list was released people finally started pulling them. ONE PERSON PULLED BOTH OF THEM HAHAHHH. Congrats to the people who chose the right time to spend their credits. I don’t want to seem bitter, but honestly? ... how is that fair? People spent MILLIONS.. ALL OF THEIR CREDITS on these crates. I know it’s a game of chance when you buy crates—- but something happened with the odds. I ALSO WHOLEHEARTEDLY BELIEVE THAT 2/3 ULTRAS WERE NOT IN THE CRATES UPON RELEASE. People spend their credits in hopes to win ultras. So where were they?

Final Act: My Conclusion-
Here is what I believe happened. The odds were so flubbed the first night, staff had to reclassify some ultras as “super rares” because too many were pulled. I think the missing ultras were added after the tier list was released. The odds were incorrectly adjusted the day after the crates were released and a lot of players were COMPLETELY ripped off. And the jafar room still perplexes the hell out of me. Explain how it’s of the same rarity as the sheet ghost and grey skin.. I’ll wait. This concludes my rant, if you made it this far— you’re a champion. :-)

Last edited:

AliceKingsly

I agree with all of this 100%, something definitely was off about this release of crates. And it is very unfortunate for those who spent SO MANY credits on crates to have absolutely no luck. (I personally have only opened 15 and got all common items and stopped because I'm broke lol but also realized everyone was struggling with the items they were getting). It's part of the reason I prefer when crates spawn in public rooms as opposed to purchasing them, everyone has the same odds and chances without the defeat of spending insane amounts of credits and getting nothing. I always love and appreciate staff when they do this for us, but I think they still need to do a better job when it comes to odds and chances. Especially when there are players like myself who do not have the time to earn crazy amounts of credits and get loads of crates to try for all the awesome items. Also (and maybe this is just me) I do wish if the crates were going to be purchased the price would be lower, I know this plays into the whole VMK economy that there were issues with but it still adds up to a crazy amount of credits when its all done. Again this is just my personal opinion :hat:

goobie

violent delights
I am rising from the dead just to add my thoughts...

I feel like this is similar to what happened with the princess or royal crates or whatever the heck they were called with the whole whack Red Jasmine odds. Basically, it seems like odds are always adjusted after the crates are released or items get added or messed up. How many buyable crates have we had over the years now? You think they'd have it figured out...

BetterDays

I also don't want to be this guy, because this is a free game, but I honestly believe if I didn't blow my 2.3 million during the time frame I did, and instead did it the first hour they were released or now, I would've at least gotten one ultra. But instead all I got were some commons and uncompleted Lost Boy Sets.... with... 2.3 million credits... just weird to me.

I agree 100%!! Crates shouldn't be released until they're finalized. It's unfair to change what's in them and the odds several times after releasing them.
It's true- some people chose the "right times" to buy crates, and others chose the "wrong times."

Another thing that frustrated me was this: on the morning after release, I bought an item from the crates for 5k. And no joke- half an hour later, the same item was selling for 500c or less!! The unfairness is crazy, as is the change in values. In fact, values for every item has gone crazy. I've been here over two years and never seen anything like this!

Just adding my two cents. :)

Last edited:

HOST_Nala

Forums Administrator
Staff member
Forums Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Staff
We do several simulations of opening millions of crates to test odds to determine a fair rate. Once they are released, we do not touch them ever again. We do not add or take away anything in the crates unless the ID was wrong or the item was busted. I will say, you saw more of the room pins on the first day because they were originally assigned the wrong tier. That was corrected the next day. So upon release, yes, there were more room pins won than now. It is the same tier as the Sheet Ghost and the Grey skin now. That is the only change that has been made.
---
Within the first 24 hours, these crates sold more than double the total amount of sales for any other crate for the entire time they were released. After the first 24 hours, these crates dropped to a more "normal" level. So of course it would seem like you're pulling more rares, significantly more were being bought.

Shrek

The Next Hokage
Nala, your response truly makes 0 sense. If so many rares were pulled the first night when players purchased more crates than expected, but the odds were never adjusted or tampered with— how does a player spend 5 MILLION credits and receive not even 1 ultra? What the frick are the odds of winning? 1/10,000,000? Another thing, if you ran “several simulations”, how did 0 staff members catch that you had an ultra item classified as the wrong rarity tier? There are only THREE ultras, LOL. Like, are y’all that careless or is your response just an excuse to attempt to wiggle out of accountability? I know there are some intelligent people on staff who can surely count to three. I mean, I hope there are. If I were running “several simulations” of something that I knew a community of people would be, basically depleting their credits into, I’d surely be positive that my i’s were dotted and my t’s were crossed before I released the final product. ESPECIALLY when there have been so many issues with crates in the past. Like, I understand that this is a way for y’all to control inflation and manipulate the VMK economy, but at least make it worth while for all of your players who are DUMPING their credits into this

goobie

violent delights
Nala, your response truly makes 0 sense. If so many rares were pulled the first night when players purchased more crates than expected, but the odds were never adjusted or tampered with— how does a player spend 5 MILLION credits and receive not even 1 ultra? What the frick are the odds of winning? 1/10,000,000? Another thing, if you ran “several simulations”, how did 0 staff members catch that you had an ultra item classified as the wrong rarity tier? There are only THREE ultras, LOL. Like, are y’all that careless or is your response just an excuse to attempt to wiggle out of accountability? I know there are some intelligent people on staff who can surely count to three. I mean, I hope there are. If I were running “several simulations” of something that I knew a community of people would be, basically depleting their credits into, I’d surely be positive that my i’s were dotted and my t’s were crossed before I released the final product. ESPECIALLY when there have been so many issues with crates in the past. Like, I understand that this is a way for y’all to control inflation and manipulate the VMK economy, but at least make it worth while for all of your players who are DUMPING their credits into this
pop off, shrek

All I have to say is that I have not pulled any ULTRA's. I've gotten all common items. I have spent over 5m on crates and not one ULTRA. It is frustrating, to say the least. I feel that some players always get the best stuff and some players always get nothing.
It's not even that no ultras, the very rare items are also next to impossible to get

The crates were released at 5am for me when I was asleep, when I woke up I saw how many people were winning supers so spent 750k on crates. I've been trying to save my credits for Halloween, as like many people this is their favourite time of the year and I thought how I wouldn't mind spending 1 mil on a robe so hopefully in the batch of crates I bought there would be at least one robe or any other super.
I opened them all and only got a couple of lost boys items and then the rest were commons, not even a candelabra which was something I desperately wanted. I know 750k might not seem like a lot as others have spent a lot more but spending that much made me realise how bad my luck is and I'd rather just buy the items I want from other players.
This post makes a lot of sense to me and seeing others who weren't on at the time of release had awful odds like me is so upsetting and confusing why we didn't get anything good?
Living in the UK can suck at times when playing this game as a lot of the events finish at 4am and of course if this is true then it is such an unfair advantage for us. I'm sure a lot of international players will agree.

I like this idea to get rid of tons of credits but not every player has millions of credits to spend on crates to get the best items. I had to sell tons of my items to even spend 400k on crates and the rarest thing I got was bubblegum. While the people with millions of credits or the super lucky people pull items that are now priced at 7million.

I know this isn't likely but it seems like certain people have better odds for crates and chests. It's really just discouraging when you are one of the people who never win any good items.

I bought 500 crates overall since they were released, and I'm not likely to buy more. Out of those 500 crates I got nothing from the super rare or ultra catergories. I don't know if it's just my odds because, like others have said in this thread, it does seem like odds are better for some players over other in terms of ultra pulls for crates and chests.

It concerns me that the only way to get the ultras this time is open the most amount of crates you can get. This isn't going to help any of the more casual or newer players get rarer items because they simply don't have the amount of credits to dump on the crates.