Happy Valentine's Day: Win a Stitch Forum Medal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Valentine's Day MyVMK Forums!

Love it or loathe it, today is Valentine's Day! We all wish you the most love-filled day whether you are going on a romantic date with you significant other or waiting to enjoy all the reduced candy that fill the shelves tomorrow. Today on MyVMK Forums you can get your own Valentine's gift by simply posting your best or worst Valentine's memory! If you haven't got a memory to share then simply write what your ideal Valentine's date would be.

For everyone who participates by posting their memory/dream date, they will receive a Valentines Stitch Medal!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Last edited:
:cloud9: I want to get cheap Valentine's Day candy:cheer:

Neda

I've posted this story on another thread I've made before but I'll post it again bcs of that medal lol

When I was a sophomore in High School I had this on-again, off-again boyfriend and at the time of this story we were broken up. It was the week of Valentine's day:hearts: and that boyfriend/ex wanted to get back together because Valentine's Day was coming up and he kind of never had a valentine so he wanted me to be it. I didn't need him though:reading:(he wasn't a good guy at all) but I also didn't want to be rude so I pretty much gave him false hope. He basically planned out all this stuff, which I didn't know about, for Valentine's Day in order to "win" me back. :huh:

-flash forward to the day before Valentine's Day-

I was at the mall and I bumped into one of my classmates(Alex) and in the past I knew he had a crush on me but I figured he got over it by now so I said hey and asked what he was doing. He told me he was actually getting stuff for Valentine's Day so I said, "Oh cool, who's it for? :question: " and he said, "Um.. you actually.." and because I'm awkward I just said, "oh! um.. that's nice. :blush: welp bye! :sweat:" and immediately left.

-Valentine's Day-

I walk into school trying my hardest to avoid my ex but we had the same class first period so he quickly found me and he had a huge balloon, roses, a bear, a huge card, and a bag of candy for me so I knew I was in too deep and I couldn't back out now :flower::no: He was kind of expecting me to take him back right then and there but I asked if I could decide by the end of the day and he was fine with that soo *phew*
Thank god the bell rung and I could escape and I wanted to leave everything he got me in the band hall(that was our first class) but he refused to let me do that because he wanted "everybody to see" what he got me.:impatient: We compromised and I just carried the roses, card, and candy.

I thought he'd leave me by now but he wanted to walk me into my next class, wait for me to sit, and basically wait to see everyone's reactions to what he got me.:facepalm: And well when I walked into that class the classmate(Alex) had that class with me and he was sitting there with all this stuff, that I assumed was for me, and so when he saw me walk in with my ex he just started giving away the stuff to everyone in the class but he avoided me. :blue:

By the end of the day I was just over it and I didn't want to get back together with my ex but bcs I'm annoying I didn't tell him. However, when I was going to go home I told him that I couldn't take the big balloon because it wouldn't fit in my car and he just flipped out :squee: and he said "FINE" and went into one of the smaller band rooms(we were in the band hall bcs that where all the band kids hang out at the end of the day.. it's like our sanctuary basically.) and popped the balloon.:stare:

Once I heard it pop I was out.:blank: and that was that.

Jorash

My worst Valentines Day was two years ago, me and my (for very good reasons) ex went to his friends house where he cooked me dinner but we couldn't go on the picnic we had planned because it had snowed.....so we went to a karaoke bar instead where he drank too much happy juice and didn't remember our first date the next day LOL

Nimmy

Mysterious Member
My worst Valentine's memory is of the time I was in 4th grade. There was a boy from my class that I had a huge crush on and on this particular beloved day, he had a giant white fluffy teddy bear with a red heart on one of its paws. Towards the end of class he started walking over to my group table. I got so overly excited that I became nervous and nauseous just thinking at the idea that I was about to receive that teddy bear from him. When he finally arrived at the table, I just sat there in distraught and disbelief as he handed the teddy bear to the girl right beside me and uttered the words "Happy Valentine's Day." I just sat there experiencing my first heartbreak with my head bowed down starting to tear up and feeling my heart shattering into a million pieces.

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Well... I technically have never officially had a boyfriend (yes it's true sadly) before so I don't really have a memory to share to be honest. However, I do have thoughts on what my ideal Valentine's Day/Date would be if I had somebody special to share this day with. I am a total old romantic so I think on this stuff quite often. Anyway here is what my ideal Valentine's Day would be like:

Maybe, Valentine's morning he could surprise me with a scavenger hunt or something fun that i didn't expect. I love surprises so something like that would neat. The scavenger hunt could lead to someplace fun for breakfast while i find my favorite flowers along the way. Then that afternoon, we could maybe have a nice picnic for lunch under the shade of a big old tree in a park. If not a park then perhaps on the beach under a palm tree and the ocean waves crashing upon shore. The entire picnic scenario with a picnic blanket and basket. I would be wearing a pretty pink dress and be barefoot. Then that evening we could slow dance under the stars with our favorite love songs playing in the background. Maybe some fireflies start to emerge giving a nice glow around us. He gives me a kiss and then we hold hands as he walks me home. :rose: :halcyon:

My dream date would be to go somewhere so pretty with tons of grass and and trees everywhere and nobody in sight but me and my fiancé! And we are having a picnic and laying by a lake/river! And it's about to turn night but there are lanterns everywhere and it's perfect weather and we go star gazing! While watching netflix afterwards lol...

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
My dream date would probably involve getting lost on an island and finding a cool waterfall. Maybe swimming in that lake the waterfall "fall's" in and then having a nice fancy dinner on the beach at sunset drinking out of coconuts and eating off of massive sand dollars or smooth stones. Or going to see a movie if you're into that.
Oh my goodness HOGIE! This would totally be my second choice for an ideal dream date! You can tell how much i love waterfalls! Plus I adore anything tropical! :)

best memory is elementary school on valentines day giving each other cards and candy
:3
I agree :P. these were definitely some amazing valentines days, it was all about giving everyone else your loving, specially picked card, and then walking home with lots of little notes and a bag full of candy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.