Haunted Mansion Alpha Testing!

Please use this thread and sub-forum to report any bugs and technical issues you have with the new Haunted Mansion Ghost Catchers mini-game. Please remember that the game is in alpha testing, so not all features will be available just yet.

When reporting a bug, please try to be as detailed as possible. Try to list what went wrong and if possible, a detailed report on how to reproduce it. Pictures are also very appreciated and helpful if you can take one!

Thank you for helping the spirits (and bugs) rest in peace! :)

Ms_Special

Some games as little as 5-15 total ghosts appear per level, regardless of the amount of players.
When you are touched by the opposing teams ghost, sometimes you stay that color. You can still catch your color ghosts, but you look like the other teams ghost.
Some of the pathways you are unable to walk through, like the paths right beside the coffins, some only ghosts can walk through.
And the obvious hallways not leading to the opposite hallway. But i'm sure that's just because it's in alpha right now.

Crashing in the middle of every game..
Does the game freeze, or do you just disconnect? We are currently looking into the freezing issue. If it happens again, please try taking a picture so we may review if it's a specific trigger that is causing it. Thank you!

Some games as little as 5-15 total ghosts appear per level, regardless of the amount of players.
When you are touched by the opposing teams ghost, sometimes you stay that color. You can still catch your color ghosts, but you look like the other teams ghost.
Some of the pathways you are unable to walk through, like the paths right beside the coffins, some only ghosts can walk through.
The amount of ghosts may be adjusted in the future depending on the number of people playing. Thank you for reporting those to us!

Jasmine

The main issues I'm having are:

1) Issues walking. I think it may be the lag, but sometimes it seems like I've hit an invisible wall? It makes no sense, but you can't walk in certain spots.

2) Some ghosts get stuck in a position. It makes it impossible to be able to catch them.

3) Coffins are invisible sometimes. Not a huge deal, but it was weird the first time I noticed it.

4) I also agree about the number of ghosts. It seems pretty odd. Every time my friend and I play together, whoever wins is based on the amount of ghosts that came up - during one game round, only about 8 of one color came up and 20+ of the other. It definitely needs to be adjusted.

Mossie

Forest Faery and Occasional Pirate
Walking is hard. Sometimes I tell myself to go one way and I'll go the other or it's just really laggy and I keep stopping.

I freeze a lot and I have to restart the game.

Also, sometimes there aren't any ghosts at all and sometimes there are WAY too many (which I mean, is fun but really chaotic).

@aceastrofan and I just played a game where literally zero ghosts appeared... We're stuck in sudden death purgatory[DOUBLEPOST=1413614766][/DOUBLEPOST]And now we're stuck moving very quickly back and forth across the screen....

Last edited:

Ms_Special

It gives you credits for a random number of ghosts. ie, i caught 30 but when the game ended i only received credit for 10 ghosts.
If you click join game when there are already four players on one side, you will enter the game, your ghosts will count, but you wont be on the player list.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
Finding I get stuck on spots in the floor will not let me move. If I use the arrow keys I can move and then go back to my mouse. Pretty laggy. Ghost seem faster than what I can move in the lag. I should be able to out run them finding I can not. The edges of stairs catches you. Do not remember that in the old game. Should be able to move fairly smoothly. Find that some times ghosts colour coming out are very uneven.

Update so I could explain better. I am having to shake my mouse to get my character to get moving when she gets stuck. The mouse movements should be much smoother should not feel like my arm has run a marathon. :)

Last edited:

Tohrukun

so do you guys still want pirates now, with bugs that affect gameplay? :giggle:

also the "purple" team is pink...its bothered me for ages lol

Last edited:
Minor glitch: Just now, the coffins upstairs in the room was missing and the ghosts were coming out of NO WHERE! (obviously the invisible coffins)

@Grizzly

<3

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaskade

I was having trouble situating my character in front of the coffins correctly in order to shake them.

As already mentioned, I also had issues with the game freezing. I noticed that it happened last time when I was vacuuming up ghosts.

I also had the problem where you become the opponent ghost but no timer appears above your head and you're stuck being that ghost.

minor glitches: some ghosts get stuck in the corner of banisters and you cant get them.

also i noticed that when i play with 4 or less players, there are long moments when there are no ghosts at all. :o

- once my chat was stuck, as in i could not send my msgs but the rest of the game was fine.

ty, its so much fun though<3