*HELP* Black Screen/Re-Authenticate/Cannot Get into MyVMK

Hello everyone =)

There are so many threads about people not being able to get into the game, and some may be missed by the staff or other members. I am going to post some quick tips on getting into MyVMK for those of you who have issues. Please be aware they are in no particular order - just make sure you have tried all of them!

NB- Anyone who is running Mavericks on their OSX Apple product (laptop/computer), please refer to this thread for help on playing MyVMK.

For everyone else:
* Clear your cache and cookies
* Close your broswer
* Restart
* Uninstall shockwave and then re-install it (Make sure you download the FULL version, and not the slim one)
* Check your security settings

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuban

thx for the help!

arendalle7

Real-Life Merida
I've done all of these things and I still haven't entered the game once. I'm using firefox and chrome.

Have you checked your security settings?
Which browser are you using?

Endless Black Screen of doom

I'm sorry you have so many of these pleas for help to deal with Halcyon!
But I am desperate to get on and use up my last couple keys :)
I've been playing VMK with no problems at all on a Macbook Air OSX Mountain Lion.
Suddenly out of the blue, same computer, nothing changed, I can't log in. All pages load pretty quickly including Loading character Information and then the black screen appears and doesn't load-- when I leave it it eventually times out and goes back to the re-authenticate login page.
I've restarted my laptop several times, log out and back in, refresh the tab, clearing all history-- nothing seems to work.
The last time my vmk worked without a problem was around 12 hours ago.

I have the exact same issue using another macbook air which I wiped completely last night to get from Mavericks back to OSX Mountain Lion. Shockwave installed, everything loads until the black page.
Not sure if it has anything to do with living in South Africa? Is there anything more I can do to try and fix it?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have been using Firefox as a web browser.

I've tried using Firefox and Chrome. Using windows 7. After loading character Information, it disconnects right away and goes back to the re-authenticate login page. It let me go on once yesterday night, but it won't now. I tried all of the recommended tips, and i'm still having problems.

Security settings? oh. I tried with 3 browsers. Firefox, Chrome, and Interenet explorer. Also if this is any help, it disconnected while loading furniture.

I'm sorry you have so many of these pleas for help to deal with Halcyon!
But I am desperate to get on and use up my last couple keys :)
I've been playing VMK with no problems at all on a Macbook Air OSX Mountain Lion.
Suddenly out of the blue, same computer, nothing changed, I can't log in. All pages load pretty quickly including Loading character Information and then the black screen appears and doesn't load-- when I leave it it eventually times out and goes back to the re-authenticate login page.
I've restarted my laptop several times, log out and back in, refresh the tab, clearing all history-- nothing seems to work.
The last time my vmk worked without a problem was around 12 hours ago.

I have the exact same issue using another macbook air which I wiped completely last night to get from Mavericks back to OSX Mountain Lion. Shockwave installed, everything loads until the black page.
Not sure if it has anything to do with living in South Africa? Is there anything more I can do to try and fix it?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have been using Firefox as a web browser.
Are you sure you have the full shockwave version installed? Cleared cookies & cache (not just history)?

I've tried using Firefox and Chrome. Using windows 7. After loading character Information, it disconnects right away and goes back to the re-authenticate login page. It let me go on once yesterday night, but it won't now. I tried all of the recommended tips, and i'm still having problems.
Are you sure you have full shockwave version installed also??
All the above tips usually work to fix that issue...

Security settings? oh. I tried with 3 browsers. Firefox, Chrome, and Interenet explorer. Also if this is any help, it disconnected while loading furniture.
Yes like would there be any security settings blocking the use of the game?

milklady

original vmk player
still not letting me go, won't send new password, have registered again, and still can't get on

I need a new password, but not sending it to me

same for me too

does this not work with window 7 or chrome?

alphankotb32

I'm using moxilla firefox and it still won't let me on. i downloaded shockwave and restarted my laptop. cleared history and cookies and cache and still nothing