Hide and Seek Events

Am I the only one who hates these? Everyone gets greedy and rude when people type incorrectly. We aren't all fast typers! Personally I get so excited that my heart is racing and I shake so much that I can't type. Please stop these events! Can't we just walk up to the host or first to trade? Even a simple, "I found you host!" would be easier since many times the hosts are not clickable.

Am I the only one who hates these? Everyone gets greedy and rude when people type incorrectly. We aren't all fast typers! Personally I get so excited that my heart is racing and I shake so much that I can't type. Please stop these events! Can't we just walk up to the host or first to trade? Even a simple, "I found you host!" would be easier since many times the hosts are not clickable.
I totally agree with you.

I agree and it would be awesome if they also added the event to the calendar. I have twitter but it doesnt work right and every time there was an event last month it sent the notification like 1-2 hrs after the event started so I wasnt able to participate in any.

I understand and agree that fast typers have an advantage in this, but I think it should remain as it is. A little tip though, that I always use, is that I pre-type "I found you..." into the chat bar, that way whenever I find the staff member I just need to type their name!

Celeste

Little Ball of Sunshine ☼
I’m so glad someone said it. Honestly I hate this event and end up buying the items EVERYTIME. It gives me anxiety and I feel like I’m just wasting time if I try it. I don’t wish for them to end though, I just wish they were easier and more fair maybe. :impatient:

Last edited:

riddleguy

Im not a fan of the event the way it is ...I think they should rework the event so its more fun and still fair. Maybe tweak so it multiple users can get a prize from the same find but the i found you message has to come quickly after the first user to say it and its at the hider's discrection. So if user B finds a staff member but user C finds the same member and shouts i found you 1 second later then i think they should get the prize also.

Fruits

Im not a fan of the event the way it is ...I think they should rework the event so its more fun and still fair. Maybe tweak so it multiple users can get a prize from the same find but the i found you message has to come quickly after the first user to say it and its at the hider's discrection. So if user B finds a staff member but user C finds the same member and shouts i found you 1 second later then i think they should get the prize also.
This would dramatically change the values of the items obtained from the hide and seek event. I think it is good as is. Maybe a consolation prize for those that say it a few seconds after the winner does.

Maybe only allow players to win a single time during the event and strictly enforce clone accounts winning. This would give more players the opportunity to win.

I agree with the way that you are feeling. However, if I can add to @Mrgoopy 's tip.... If you pre-type "I found you" into your text bar while you are exploring, when you find the host you can press shift+click on them and their name will automatically fill in on the bar. It's so much faster than having to type everything in once you've found them because every millisecond counts in this game, as you already know.

This helps especially with certain staff members with difficult names.

I agree with the way that you are feeling. However, if I can add to @Mrgoopy 's tip.... If you pre-type "I found you" into your text bar while you are exploring, when you find the host you can press shift+click on them and their name will automatically fill in on the bar. It's so much faster than having to type everything in once you've found them because every millisecond counts in this game, as you already know.

This helps especially with certain staff members with difficult names.
my sister learned this on the last day of the event. would have been helpful the rest of the month. makes it more unfair when some people know this and others don't

rfsoaring

ThunderCat for life
I also agree! These events really stress me and no matter how hard I try I never find anyone first. I found one host first last month, the other two I got were because I tied with someone else and the host was kind enough to give us both a prize. I like the idea of everyone playing a game with the hosts without the wait of a singable host room, I just think it ends up being unfair for us slow typers. I also would really appreciate there being more hosts to find at one time. I’ve gone whole events without seeing a single host, already found or not. Seems like a waste of time to host the event when many aren’t available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my sister learned this on the last day of the event. would have been helpful the rest of the month. makes it more unfair when some people know this and others don't
I totally agree. I was one of the people who learned it a bit too late as well, so I understand the frustration. Just trying to pass along the knowledge for future events to anyone else who didn't know.

I don't get hide and seek. It's unbearably boring to me. I don't think it's fun to just mindlessly click from room to room to room and then scrambling to type out a specific phrase and being rejected because of a single letter being off. I mean, I think in general people just take this game way too seriously, including the staff, so I like to stick to the more chill events. But that's just me. I don't really think they should change anything though because it seems like enough people DO like these events and their items enough that it doesn't really justify a change. They can't please everyone so if you don't like this type of event, just don't do it and find fun elsewhere.

I honestly enjoy these events. I, along with a lot of other people, get anxious and nervous when it's about to start but it acts like a mini Adrenalin rush for me. For the first few hide and seek event this last month I didn't win anything and it was really annoying but by playing as many as I could, I started to develop a strategy. I'm a slow typer, but I pre-typed out the phrase, "I found you" so I wouldn't have to stumble all over my keys trying to quickly type everything. After that, I started winning some. I completely understand the frustration that people have with these kinds of events, it's not as fun when you don't win. But being an avid trader, I think it's a good way to stimulate "the economy", no matter how messed up that may sound. (You can say I take the game too seriously, but trading for me is like pirates for you, it's my source of entertainment). I also don't believe every aspect of vmk should be 100% fair, just as it wasn't in the original, and some competition is good as long as it's healthy.

Last edited:

riddleguy

I don't get hide and seek. It's unbearably boring to me. I don't think it's fun to just mindlessly click from room to room to room and then scrambling to type out a specific phrase and being rejected because of a single letter being off. I mean, I think in general people just take this game way too seriously, including the staff, so I like to stick to the more chill events. But that's just me. I don't really think they should change anything though because it seems like enough people DO like these events and their items enough that it doesn't really justify a change. They can't please everyone so if you don't like this type of event, just don't do it and find fun elsewhere.
Another potential solution...Maybe rather then change hide and seek...introduce a new event that also gives out the same prizes? this new event and hide and seek could run on a rotation...i think bi-weekly would be perfect
Also a stickied hide and seek players guide would make it more fun and fair for all who play.

Another potential solution...Maybe rather then change hide and seek...introduce a new event that also gives out the same prizes? this new event and hide and seek could run on a rotation...i think bi-weekly would be perfect
Also a stickied hide and seek players guide would make it more fun and fair for all who play.
But more of the items means a lower value and the high value items is one of the main appeals of hide and seek

riddleguy

But more of the items means a lower value and the high value items is one of the main appeals of hide and seek
The new event and hide and seek would run on a rotation so the value should be roughly the same. rotation means we wouldnt get hide and seek every week but every other week. We would alternate between the two if this suggestion is used.

HapaBruja

Ur Fave Mixed Witch
I don't like the event itself (not into the hide and seek game) but I like the fact that the event is different & involves active player participation. It's particularly cool because during the Winter Dreams Event there were other, more chill type events where you could literally be AFK in a room for an hour and maybe win on the Random Roll of the Die. Even if you didn't win, you still got a consolation prize.

Games get boring if they get stagnant & I like the fact that we've had Quests, Chill Events, Game-Type Events of All Kinds recently, I'm liking the direction Staff is taking in varying the theme events in game and keeping it fresh, even if I don't like every game. It's better, honestly, because I really believe I'll probably like the next one when it comes around.